Disadvantages of Cutting Forests
Consequences of deforestation
- Deforestation increases the temperature and pollution level on the earth. It increases the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
- Ground water level also gets lowered.
- Deforestation disturbs the balance in nature. If cutting of trees continues, rainfall and the fertility of the soil will decrease.
- Apart from this there will be increased chances of natural calamities such as floods and droughts. Plants need carbon dioxide for photosynthesis. Fewer trees would mean that less carbon dioxide will be used up resulting in its increased amount in the atmosphere.
- This will lead to global warming as carbon dioxide traps the heat rays reflected by the earth. The increase in temperature on the earth disturbs the water cycle and may reduce rainfall.
- This could cause droughts.
- Deforestation also leads to a decrease in the water holding capacity of the soil.
Quick Summary With Stories