Fill in the blanks in the sentences below using the appropriate forms of the words given in the following box.
guide, succeed, chair, travel, pale, draw, true
- I met a_________ from an antique land.
- I need special_________ in mathematics. I can’t count the number of times I have failed in the subject.
- The guide called Stephen Hawking a worthy__________ to Issac Newton.
- His other problems ________ into insignificance beside this unforeseen mishap.
- The meeting was by the youngest member of the board.
- Some people say 'yours________ 'when they informally refer to themselves.
- I wish it had been a________ We would have been spared the noise of celebrations, at least.