Open in App
Updated on : 2022-09-05
- These are ductless glands (no tube to carry to various parts).
- Their secretions are directly released into the blood which carries them to various parts of the body.
- The exocrine glands have ducts.
- The secretions from these glands are carried through the ducts.
- The ducts may open outside the body to release the secretions (e.g.sweat, milk) or may be released on to another surface within the body (e.g. Digestive juices)
- These are chemical messengers that regulate physiological processes in living organisms.
- They act upon specific cells/tissues/organs which are called target cells/tissues/organs.
- There are many types of hormones that act on different aspects of bodily functions and processes like growth and development.
Was this answer helpful?