List the properties of electromagnetic waves.
Electromagnetic waves are composed oscillating electric and magnetic field at right angles to each other.
- Electromagnetic waves are propagated by oscillating electric fields and magnetic field oscillation at right angles to each other.
- These waves travel with speed 3×108ms−1 in vacuum.
- They are not deflected by electric or magnetic field.
- They can show interference or diffraction.
- They are transverse waves.
- May be polarized.
- Need no medium of propagation.
- wavelength and frequency related as c=vλ.