Killing of wild animals and birds on the large scale by man is a serious threat that wildlife is facing for its survival. This disturbs the food chain and also the ecosystem. We can understand better with the help of an example; snake as a wild animal is in great demand for making fancy leather goods so, snake skin sells at high at a high price in the market. To earn money easily some people kill snakes indiscriminately in large numbers. This killing of snakes disrupts the food chain and creates imbalance in the nature. Do you know the snake is a friend of the farmer as it eats vermin’s like rats, mice which are pests and damage the crops? So, it is very important to conserve wildlife to maintain the ecological balance in nature and also for preservation.
Steps to be taken for the Conservation of Wildlife are:
1. Some of the laws should be made to ban the killing or capturing of endangered animals or birds. It should be made a punishable offense. Such laws should be enforced strictly and should not remain on paper only.
2. Indiscriminate killing of wild birds and animals, whether are in abundance should not be allowed by the forest authorities.
3. The more number of National Parks and Sanctuaries should be established for preserving the natural habitats of wild animals and birds throughout the country.
4. The Department of Government should conduct a periodic survey in all the forests regarding the conservation of wildlife. They should have the knowledge about the population of all the species of wild animals and birds, so that they can be helped during the time of floods and famines.
5. Special attention should be paid even by us also to the conservation of endangered species of wild animals and birds to prevent their extinction altogether.