The A Star Youth Scholarship is an initiative started by the Singapore government in collaboration with Cambridge University. This scholarship is applicable for 4 years in select Universities in Singapore for higher educational purposes. A Singapore-Cambridge General Certification of Higher Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE-A) is awarded to the selected scholar and the scholarship is renewed every year subject to the satisfactory performance of the scholar.
The scholarship is started only for Indian Students who aim to pursue their Higher education from some selected Universities in Singapore.
Benefits of A Star Youth Scholarships:
The scholarship provides attractive facilities to its selected scholars. Some of the facilities provided are as follows:
- Yearly remuneration of $2,200 (Secondary)/ $2,400 (Pre-University) along with accommodation for hostel.
- A settling-in allowance of $400 (one time) initially is provided to the scholars, so that they can smoothly transition into the new place.
- To and Fro economy class air fare.
- Coverage of school/college tuition fees (except some miscellaneous fees).
- Provides fees for the GCE ‘O’ and ‘A’ level examination. (This is one time remuneration).
- Affordable rates of medical and accident cover insurance.
Eligibility for the A Star Youth Scholarships:
The candidates interested for applying for this scholarship examination must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen and resident of India.
- Year of Birth should be within 2000 to 2002.
- Completion of standard 8th by 2016 is a necessity.
- Overall, the candidate must have an outstanding academic record (i.e the candidates must have a minimum of 80% and above “A” grade on all the subjects with English being the first language of communication for standard 7th and 8th.)
- The candidate must possess a high level of proficiency in both oral and written skills in English.
How to apply for the A Star Youth Scholarships:
The application has to be done online. One applicant can submit one application only, duplicity will lead to disqualification of the candidature. The following steps have to be completed by the applicant:
- Apply and submit your candidature online.
- After that, the candidates are required to send the attested copies of the following documents to the Ministry Of Education, Singapore. The documents must be sent before the last of closing of the scholarship portal (i.e. 17th of July, 2016)
- Birth Certificate
- Identity Card / Passport (if any);
- Final Examination Result Slips for the last two years (Standards 7 and 8 final examinations)
[P.S – If the documents are not in English, then it has to be translated to English and thereafter sent, along with photocopy of the original documents. No original documents should be sent, because those will not be returned to the candidates.]
The A Star Youth Scholarships provide the young and brilliant students from India with an excellent scientific platform to pursue higher studies of international standards and presents them an opportunity to meet and interact with some of the brightest scientists from across the world.