Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is an entrance exam conducted by Joint Implementation Committee of JEE Advanced and is held annually in the month of June. Those students who desire of opting for the B.Arch. program of architecture that is offered by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee have to attempt this exam. However, one can attempt this exam only if they have qualified JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Let’s talk a bit about AAT registration!
AAT Registration Dates
The AAT registration starts only after the results of JEE Advanced are announced, which occurs generally in the 2nd week of June. For AAT 2017, the official announced schedule is as follows:
Important points to be noted:
- Students can appear for AAT only if they chose the option of appearing for AAT while filling the registration form of JEE Advanced, if failed to do so, you are not eligible for appearing for the exam. You can find more information on registration dates of JEE Advanced here.
- The date of declaration of JEE Advanced results as announced on the official website is 11th June, 2017, but if in case the results do get postponed then the registration dates for AAT will also be re-scheduled. Toppr will keep you updated in case of such an instance.
- The registration for AAT has to done only via the official online portal jeeadv.ac.in and other links for the same will be mentioned there.
- AAT examination will be conducted only at the seven zonal IITs, the duration of examination is of 3 hours with the timing for the exam being 9-12 am and the reporting time to the examination hall 8:30 am.
- Admit cards for AAT are not issued separately, students are supposed to carry the admit card of JEE Advanced 2017 and produce it in the exam hall.
If you are interested in architecture, then it is highly recommended that you attempt AAT exam as the B.Arch. program of both the IITs offers an excellent curriculum better than most other colleges. You can refer here for some preparation tips on AAT. Make sure that you fill the registration form carefully once the registration portal is up.
All the best!