AFMC MERIT LIST 2018
Established in May 1948, by the recommendations of the BC Roy Committee by the amalgamation of various defence medical organizations Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), is often acknowledged as the centre of excellence for education and research. It is a premier medical institute of India. The college provides training to under-graduate and post-graduate medical and nursing students with assured career prospects in the defence services. Here is all you need to know about AFMC MERIT LIST 2018.
AFMC Merit List 2018 MBBS
To be eligible for getting admission into AFMC, students need to appear for the NEET examination. The merit list will be released based on the scored attained in NEET 2018. Remember that the institute will not conduct a separate entrance test.
AFMC MBBS Eligibility
- Candidates applying for AFMC MBBS must be a citizen of India and must complete 17 years of age as on December 31, 2016 (for this current year).
- The upper age limit for candidates for AFMC MBBS 2016 is 22 years which means candidates must have born not earlier than January 01, 1995 and not later than December 31, 1999.
- Candidates who will apply for AFMC MBBS must have passed Higher Secondary/10+2 or equivalent examination in the first attempt with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- They must have secured not less than 60% of the aggregate marks and have also passed Mathematics exam in tenth standard.
- ToELR will be a Computer Based Test consisting of 40 MCQs of 2.0 marks. There will be negative marks of 0.5 for every incorrect answer.
- The 40 questions will be required to be answered in 30 minutes.
- The marks obtained in ToELR (Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning) will be added to NEET score (max of 720) to get a score out of 800.
- This will be divided by 4 to get the written examination score out of 200.
- The interview will consist of 50 marks.
- The final AFMC MBBS merit will be based on the Final score thus obtained in written examination score + interview marks.
The merit list for AFMC entrance examination will be released by the Institute. In 2017, it was released in the month of July, so one can expect it to be the same this year.
- AFMC Pune is the counselling centre.
- Post NEET 2018, the qualified students will be called for ToELR
- ToELR(Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning). This will be held for 30 mins. It is a psychological assessment test cum interview.
- The marks obtained in this test will be added to the total NEET score based on which the merit list will be published.
No separate call letters should be expected from the institute. Students need to look for their roll numbers in the merit list.
AFMC MBBS Merit List Tie-breaker 2018
If two or more candidates obtain the same scores they are selected via the listed three tiebreakers:
- Candidate with higher marks in Biology is preferred over the other
- Candidate with more marks in Chemistry subject is selected
- If the above two tiebreakers are unable to finalise a candidate, the candidate with higher Date of Birth (DOB) is given preference
AFMC MBBS Results 2018
After the test and interview is done, a final merit list will be published category wise, mostly in the month of August. Only the students who have appeared for NEET and has registered for AFMC will be shortlisted. The college offers two UG courses – MBBS and B.Sc. nursing. As PG courses, the college offers various specializations with MD and MD/MS degrees, along with M.Sc. degree in Anatomy and Master’s degree in Hospital Administration. Other than the UG and PG courses, the college also offers PG Diploma courses as well as a number of Super-specialty courses.Application procedure for the UG courses starts in the month of April. For Super speciality and Postgraduate courses, applications are invited in the month of July and September respectively.
AFMC MBBS ADMISSIONS 2018
On the basis of NEET UG -2018 scores and online registration for Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune , the list of candidates shortlisted for screening to be conducted at AFMC, Pune. The reporting date will be mentioned in the list.The list is not in order of merit. Candidates to report to OIC Admission Cell (office of the Dean) , AFMC, Pune as per the schedule. No separate call letters for screening will be sent to the candidates. In case you fail to appear on the stipulated date of screening, it will be assumed that you do not wish to appear for screening.
– The shortlisted candidates are requested to confirm their attendance for the screening process at AFMC, Pune by sending an email mentioning your NEET-UG roll No. and NEET score to email Id : [email protected]
– The various stages of screening will be as follows:-
* Identification and Verification of documents
* Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic & Reasoning (ToELR)
* Psychological Assessment Test (PAT)
* Interview by the Board of Officers
* Medical Examination & Medical Board
– Two batches with a reporting time of 0800 hours and 1230 hours respectively are being called for screening.
– The candidates reporting in the morning session (0800 hours) will undergo documents verification, Blood/Urine investigation,
ToELR & PAT in the Forenoon and appear in the interview on the same day Afternoon at 1400 hours onwards (D
1400h). They will undergo medical examination next day Morning at 0800 hours onwards (D+1 0800h).
– The candidates reporting in the afternoon session (1230 hours) will undergo Blood/Urine investigation, ToELR & PAT the same Afternoon and appear in the interview the next day Morning at 0900 hours onwards (D+1 0900 h) followed by a medical examination at 1400 hours onwards (D+1 1400h).
– The above process will take at least 02 days for completion.
AFMC MBBS 2018 Cutoff
Cut off mark is the minimum mark or percentage that a candidate requires for getting into an institute. For AFMC 2018, the cutoff marks of previous years will help you to guess your result. The official cutoff marks for AFMC 2018 will be released by the institute after the NEET has been conducted.
|Year||Cut-off Marks (out of 720) – Girls||Cut-off Marks (out of 720) – Boys|
Total number of seats in AFMC, Pune are 105 for Boys and 25 for girls. 10 seats out of this are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
AFMC MBSS Syllabus
1st stage syllabus is that of NEET
- Alternating Current
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Properties of Bulk Matter
- Current Electricity, Electrostatics and Electromagnetic Induction
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic Devices
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Motion of system of particles and Rigid Body and Work Energy Power
- Oscillations and Waves
- Physical World and Measurement
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Alcohol Phenol Ether
- Aldehydes Ketones Carboxylic Acids
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Coordination Compounds
- S-block, p-block, d-block and f-block elements
- Environmental Chemistry
- General Principles and Process of Isolation of Elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Hydrogen and its compounds
- Redox Reactions
- Solid State
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Surface Chemistry
- Anatomy of Flowering Plants
- Animal Kingdom
- Application of Biotechnology
- Biodiversity And Conservation
- Biological Classification
- Biotechnology Principles and Processes
- Breathing And Exchange Of Gases
- Cell Division
- Chemical Control And Integration
- Circulation of Body Fluids
- Digestion And Absorption
- Environmental Issues
- Excretory Products And Their Elimination
- Human Health Diseases
- Human Reproduction
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Mineral Nutrition
- Molecular Basis Of Inheritance
- Morphology In Flowering Plants
- Movement and Locomotion
- Neural Control And Coordination
- Organisms And Populations
- Plant Growth And Development
- Plant Kingdom
- Principles Of Inheritance And Variation
- Reproduction In Organisms
- Reproductive Health
- Respiration In Plants
- Sexual Reproduction In Flowering Plants
- Strategies For Enhancement In Food Production
- Structural Organization In Animals
- The Living World
- Transport In Plants
ToELR (Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning)
- Analogy (Verbal)
- Sentence completion
- Psychological assessment cum Interview
AFMC MBSS 2018 Preparation
Round 1 is based on NEET about which you can read here. Some of the good books to follow from are as follows:-
• NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
• Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
• Objective Biology by Dinesh
• Pradeep Publication’s Biology
• GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology
• Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
• NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
• D C Pandey Objective Physics
• Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
• Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
• NCERT Chemistry
• Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
• Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
• Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
• Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
• Dinesh Chemistry
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarawal
- How to crack test of reasoning: In All competitive Exam (English) by Arihant Publishers
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- A new approach to reasoning verbal and non-verbal (English) 1st Edition by B S Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
AFMC MBBS Courses
|Course level||Course Name||Seats||Duration||Eligibility|
|UG||MBBS||130 students (105 boys & 25 girls)||5 years||Candidates must have obtained minimum 60% in 10+2 examination in the first attempt as a regular candidate with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken simultaneously, 50% in these three science subjects taken together, 50% in English and 50% in each of the science subjects. Must have also passed an examination in Mathematics of the 10th standard.|
Non-academicsAFMC was ranked second among medical colleges in India in 2017 by India Today and Outlook India and third in India by The Week.
AFMC provides broad-based non-academic exposure too. Students are encouraged to participate in sports and many have excelled in this arena. There are a large number of societies and clubs like the Student Scientific Society, Computer Club, Hobbies Club, Debating Club, Adventure Club, and Musimatics. where students can pursue extra-curricular interests. They are encouraged to participate in competitions and conferences all over the country for development of all round personality and officer like qualities. They have also won many laurels in debates, quiz contests and youth festivals in Pune and outside. Over 6000 doctors have graduated from AFMC until now. Recently the entire hostel has been given WiFi connectivity.
The various departments are very active in taking up research projects either under the departmental sponsorship or under the auspices of Armed Forces Medical Research Committee (AFMRC). Apart from service-oriented projects, research in clinical and laboratory subjects is also carried out. AFMC has the facility for animal house, hatcheries for disease producing insects, and a virology and bacteriology bank for these purposes. AFMC is a research and referral centre for confirmation of disease, identification of pathogens (viral and bacterial) and classification of blood disorders. AFMC acts as a referral centre, designated by WHO for certain diseases i.e. HIV-regional laboratory and centre for rickettsial diseases.
The college gives its undergraduates early exposure to research by encouraging them to take up various departmental projects. Every year the UGs bag many ICMR scholarships under the Short Term Studentship Programme and MUHS scholarships under Short-Term Research Grant Programme. The UGs have been presenting their research work and winning at various conferences. Apart from this, the Students’ Scientific Society of AFMC has been organizing Illuminati, one of the biggest undergraduate research conferences in India.
We hope this article about AFMC MERIT LIST 2018 helped you.