The All India Institute of Medical Sciences is an institution of national importance. Its main objective is developing high standard teaching patterns in post-graduate and under-graduate medical education. AIIMS executes AIIMS counseling every year. The institute is all prepared for the execution of the AIIMS counselling 2015 for all those aspirants willing to get an admission in M.Sc./B.Sc./MBBS through the entrance exam of the institute. This will help them in making a career in the field of their interest. The details of AIIMS counseling, dates and procedure for the contenders have been discussed below.
All about AIIMS Counselling 2015
AIIMS conducts its ALL India Level Entrance Examination for admissions in various courses. This examination was in the month of May this year. Results for this examination will be announced on the official website of AIIMS and even on the notice boards of all AIIMS centers. Candidates qualifying the entrance exam will further be selected for admissions through AIIMS counseling 2015. AIIMS counseling 2015 will start from the second week of June, according to the courses applied by the candidates. The candidates are advised to bring the original copies of all required documents during counseling.
AIIMS Counseling – Document Verification
The documents required for AIIMS counseling 2015 are:
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- Mark sheets of Class X and Class XII
- Certificate of Migration issued by a qualifying institute
- Certificate of medical condition for candidates who are differently abled. The certificate should clearly state the level of different ability.
- Certificate of category
- Original and a photo copy of the counseling letter
- Original and a photo copy of the admit card
- Bank draft as per the guidelines provided on the AIIMs prospectus
- Score card, if applicable
- Rank card or hall ticket
- Provisional certificate or original degree if the candidate is appearing
- 4 to 6 passport size photographs, black & white and color.
- Community certificate (OBC/ST/SC or any other) signed by an authorized individual
- Other important supportive documents, as instructed on the application form received from AIIMS
Procedure for Appearing in AIIMS Counselling 2015
There is a definite procedure of appearing for AIIMS counselling 2015. First of all, the candidate should confirm his/her ranking based on the merit list and then the date of counseling from the official website of AIIMS counseling. Next, the candidate should decide his/her course preference prior to appearing for the counseling procedure. Getting the choice of course will depend on the ranking secured.
The Seat Allotment Procedure of AIIMS
The seat allotment is completely dependent on merit list. Candidates also have the options of withdrawing from counseling.
Some Important Things for the Candidates to Know Prior to Appearing for AIIM Counseling
There are some important things that the candidates must know before they appear for AIIMS counselling 2015:
- A candidate must always ensure that he or she selects the right center for counseling.
- Tickets must always be booked in advance.
- Candidates must make it a point to reach the counseling center one day in advance.
- Candidates must also make sure to create figures and decide on all the important things of their preference.
Counseling dates to remember
- AIIMS-PG 9MD/MS/M.Ch./MDS): 1st Counselling-11th June, 2nd Counselling-19th June and Open Counseling- 23rd July
- AIIMS MBBS: 1st Counseling-6th, 7th, 8th and 9th July, 2nd Counseling-10th August. Third Counseling- 7th September and Open Counseling- 23rd September.
- B.Sc. Honors Para-Medical: 1st Counseling- 2nd July, 2nd Counseling-13th July and Open Counseling- 21st September.
- M.Sc. Nursing: 1st Counseling-14th July and 2nd Counseling-25th July
- B.Sc. Honors Nursing: 1st Counseling-20th , 21st and 22nd July, 2nd Counseling-20th August and Open Counseling- 28rd September.
We hope this helps you decide which college to choose in counselling.