AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling!
The AIIMS entrance examination is the most sought-after medical entrance test in the country. Every aspiring medical student worth his salt wants to crack this examination and study at the premier AIIMS colleges. The AIIMS MBBS 2018 examination will be conducted on 27th May 2018 and the results will be declared on 12th June 2018. The AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling is conducted after the AIIMS MBBS 2018 results are announced. In this article, we’re sharing important information regarding the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling. So, read on!
Highlights of AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling
- The AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling will be held for admissions to 707 seats in the 7 AIIMS Institutes across the country.
- The AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling is conducted in the offline mode at the Jawaharlal Auditorium, New Delhi. Candidates are required to be present for the counselling according to the schedule allotted based on their rank.
- If a candidate fails to attend the counselling, then his/her candidature is cancelled.
- Counselling for the reserved seats will begin only after all the unreserved seats are allotted.
- The SC/ST and OBC candidates have to appear at the counselling to claim their reserved seats. If a reserved category candidate takes admission under the unreserved category, then the seat vacated by such candidates will only be allotted to a candidate of the same caste and category.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling Schedule 2018
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling Events||Dates|
|AIIMS MBBS Counselling- Round 1||3rd to 6th July 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS Counselling- Round 2||2nd August 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS Counselling- Round 3||4th September 2018|
|Open Counselling||27th September 2018|
AIIMS MBBS Seat Distribution 2018
The following table explains the distribution of AIIMS MBBS seats spread across the seven AIIMS locations.
|AIIMS Institute||Category of Applicants/No. of Seats||Total Seats|
AIIMS MBBS Admission Fees 2018
The admission fee for AIIMS MBBS 2018 is the amount of money that a candidate needs to pay for tuition and other expenses after getting admission. Since AIIMS are government medical colleges, their fee is very nominal as compared to other private medical colleges. The AIIMS MBBS admission fee is to be paid immediately after the candidate has been declared medically fit.
The details of the AIIMS MBBS 2018 admission fees are as under:
|Academic & Other Fees||Amount (Rs.)||Hostel & Other Fees||Amount (Rs.)|
|Registration Fee||25||Hostel Rent||990|
|Caution Money||100||Gymkhana Fee||220|
|Tuition Fee||1350||Pot Fund||1320|
|Laboratory Fee||90||Electricity Charges||198|
|Student Union Fee||63||Mess Security (Refundable)||500|
|Hostel Security (Refundable)||1000|
The above fee has to be paid in cash. Cheques, DD, etc. are not accepted.
The fee for foreign nationals is USD 75,000/- (divided into three equal installments for pre-clinical phase, paraclinical phase, and clinical phase of the AIIMS MBBS course).
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling Process
The AIIMS MBBS counselling 2018 will be conducted in an offline mode and the eligible candidates have to attend the counselling in person as per the allotted date and time based on their rank.
- The AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling will be conducted in three rounds from the 3rd to 6th July 2018.
- Only the eligible candidates are invited for counselling on the basis of their merit list.
- The candidates who are listed rank-wise or roll number-wise in the AIIMS MBBS 2018 result have to download their rank letter. The rank letter contains the date, time and venue of AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling.
- For every category, the candidates called for counselling are four times the number of seats available.
- Candidates have to give their preference of Institutes at the time of counselling. The choices made by the candidates will be final.
- Applicants opting for AIIMS New Delhi have to report for medical check-up and orientation program in the month of July 2018.
- Candidates shortlisted for AIIMS Bhopal, Jodhpur, Patna, Bhubaneswar, Raipur, and Rishikesh are guided by the helpdesk counters of the respective AIIMS Institutes at the venue of counselling i.e. Jawaharlal Auditorium, New Delhi.
- In the open selection round, any vacant ST category seats will be transferred to the SC category and vice versa.
- Similarly, any vacant SC/ST/OBC seats are transferred to the General category candidates.
- In the event of two or more candidates of the same category scoring equal total percentile scores, the inter se merit will be determined by applying the following methodology:
- Candidates with a higher score in Biology will be given preference.
- Candidates securing higher marks in Chemistry will be given preference.
- Candidates with a higher score in Physics will be given preference.
- If the tie still persists, the candidate older in age will be given preference.
Important documents for the AIIMS MBBS Counselling
The candidates, who are called for the AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling, have to report to the venue at the date and time mentioned on their Call letter along with the following documents and certificates in original.
- AIIMS MBBS 2018 Admit Card.
- Call letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Class XII Mark sheet
- Migration Certificate (if applicable)
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- 6 Current Passport size photographs
- One set of self-attested copies of all the certificates
Please note that it’s mandatory for all the candidates to be present for the counselling process. No request for an authorized representative on behalf of the candidate will be entertained.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Participating Institutes
The list of participating institutes had increased from just one to these following names in 2012.
- AIIMS MBBS New Delhi
- AIIMS MBBS Jodhpur
- AIIMS MBBS Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS MBBS Bhopal
- AIIMS MBBS Patna
- AIIMS MBBS Raipur
- AIIMS MBBS Rishikesh
AIIMS New Delhi is the oldest of these colleges & most prestigious, meaning the toppers of AIIMS generally go with New Delhi as their choice of college.
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2017
AIIMS Cut off is the minimum score that a candidate needs to score to be eligible for the counselling process and take admission in the participating institutes. According to the AIIMS MBBS qualifying criteria, the cut off score for general category candidates is 50% while for OBC candidates have to score 45% in the AIIMS medical entrance exam. The cut off is determined on the basis of percentile as the examination was held in two shifts and a Normalization Procedure will be used to determine the qualifying criteria. In case, the percentiles for the two shifts are different, the lower of the two will be the eligibility cut-off for that category for all candidates i.e. both shifts. Minimum cut off scores required by candidates to qualify AIIMS MBBS is given below:
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff Score for Qualifying
|Category||Cut off Marks|
AIIMS MBBS 2016 Last Rank Cut Off for 7 AIIMS Institutes
The institute-wise Cutoff Rank is given below. This is the cutoff for AIIMS MBBS 2016. You can go through this to have an idea of AIIMS MBBS cut off Rank 2017.
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||40||187||1029||2462|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur||1332||2560||8968||11167|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||2084||2246||12121||12106|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal||1433||2502||12163||4870|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur||2748||2781||14316||12393|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||2808||5344||13818|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh||1930||2511||9630||14070|
AIIMS MBBS 2016 Last Rank Cut Off for 7 AIIMS Institutes (Different Categories)
AIIMS MBBS New Delhi Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Jodhpur Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Bhubaneswar Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Bhopal Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Patna Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Raipur Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Rishikesh Cut off 2016 – Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Do I have to specify my choice of AIIMS Institute at the time of Online Registration?
Ans: No. you do not have to specify your choice at the time of online registration. Only the candidates who qualify the AIIMS MBBS 2018 examination can exercise their choice at the time of counselling.
Q2: Do I have to carry my original documents at the time of admission to AIIMS?
Ans: Yes, the candidates without original certificates/documents will not be allowed to participate in the AIIMS admission process.
Q3: If I opt to participate in 3rd Round of counselling, will my allotted seat (of 1st/2nd Round) be cancelled?
Ans: In case you have not been allotted a seat in the 3rd round of counselling, you will retain the seat that was allotted to you in the earlier round. However, on allotment of a seat in the 3rd round of counselling, the seat that was allotted to you in the earlier round will automatically be cancelled and available for allotment to another candidate.
Q4: Who can participate in open counselling?
Ans: All the candidates in the selection merit with qualifying marks in the entrance examination (i.e. UR/OBC 50%, OBC 45% and SC/ST 40%) will be eligible for allotment of vacant seat/s, if any. In the Open round of counselling; however, no change of Institution will be permitted.
Q5: In case I have submitted my original documents to another medical college upon getting admitted there and also get called for counselling at AIIMS, will I be permitted to produce my original certificates at a later date after being allotted a seat in AIIMS, New Delhi or any of the other six AIIMS during the counselling if I plan to go back and resign from the college and bring my certificates?
Ans: If you have got admission to any other medical college/Institution, you are required to surrender that seat and produce a letter to this effect from the concerned institution. In case you fail to produce this certificate, you will NOT be eligible for allotment of seat at the AIIMS counselling. All the certificates/documents, in original, as listed above must be produced at the time of counselling to the counselling committee, if asked for. In case you fail to do so, you will NOT be allotted a seat and the seat will automatically be allotted to next candidate in order of merit. You will; however, be marked present and will be eligible for the next round of counselling if applicable.
Candidates are advised to go through the detailed FAQs on AIIMS MBBs Counselling before attending the AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling.
The AIIMS application for 2018 will be closed in 2nd week of March, after an extension of the original deadline.
Hope this article helps you to get a fair idea about the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Counselling.
Toppr wishes you All the Very Best!