AIIMS PG Counselling
AIIMS PG exam is scheduled to take place on 7th May, 2017. AIIMS PG Application have already been closed for the July session. Candidates can view their application status on the official website from 7th April, 2017. The results will be declared around 22nd May, 2017. Shortly after the results are declared, candidates will be called for AIIMS PG counselling which is scheduled to start from 6th June, 2017. Let’s read about AIIMS PG counselling here!
AIIMS PG 1st counselling
This is the first round of AIIMS PG counselling procedure. Scheduled from 6th June, 2017, no. of candidates it calls are 8 times the number of available seats for each category.
AIIMS PG 2nd counselling
The second round of AIIMS PG counselling is scheduled to start from 13th June, 2017. Those who have attended the First Counselling are eligible for 2nd Counselling provided they have not been allotted a “confirmed seat”.
It must be noted that if original documents have been submitted elsewhere, then there must be produced a receipt confirming the same. Even after production of this receipt, seats will only be allotted after producing the original documents in the subsequent rounds of counselling.
AIIMS PG Open Counselling
The final round of AIIMS PG counselling is scheduled to be held on 25th July, 2017. In addition to, any seat vacated by the candidate, who had been allotted confirmed seat in 1st/2nd counselling, by way of surrender resignation/cancellation/mismatch of biometric verification etc. will be included in the vacant seats available as mentioned in the preceding point for Open Counselling. The final list of all the vacant seats including seats vacated as mentioned above will be displayed on AIIMS website before the open counselling.
The candidates who are interested in attending Open Counselling on the scheduled date will be required to register themselves online for Open Counselling on the AIIMS website. The online registration will be open for 2-3 days & candidates appearing for the open counselling will be required to produce the open counselling registration slip. Let’s now look at the important documents required on the day of AIIMS PG counselling.
AIIMS PG Counselling – Important Documents
Candidates are required to bring the following DOCUMENTS IN ORIGINAL at time of counselling:
- Admit Card issued by AIIMS.
- Rank letter issued by AIIMS
- Mark Sheets of MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examinations.
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate.
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution or College that the candidate will be completing the internship by 30th July, 2017.
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council.
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as proof of date of birth. (Matriculation)
The Candidate should also bring the following certificate, if applicable:
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority and should be in English or Hindi in language. Community should be clearly mentioned in the certificate.
- OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority for Central Govt. Jobs/ for admission in Central Govt. Colleges/Institute. The sub-caste should tally with the Central List of OBC. OBC Candidates should not belong to Creamy Layer. OBC certificate must be in the format as prescribed in the prospectus.
- Physical Disability Certificate issued from a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board.
Candidate applying under SC/ST/OBC category must possess valid caste certificate issued within last one year by the competent authority & before the date of first counseling. The certificate must be valid for admission in Central Govt. Institution. Date of validity of certificate shall be considered as 05.06.2016 (one day prior the 1st Counselling). If a candidate fails to submit attested copies of the requisite documents as above, his/her candidature will be cancelled and he/she will not be allowed to participate in subsequent stages of selection/admission process.
Check out the Ranking of AIIMS Colleges here.