AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results, Cutoff, Counselling and More:
AIIMS MBBS 2018 results has been announced today i.e. 18th June 2018. The results is available on the official AIIMS website. Here we will be discussing the procedure for the same.
How to Check the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results
AIIMS MBBS 2018 results have to be viewed a little differently. Here we are providing some simple steps to check the AIIMS Results. There are two ways to view the results with and without logging in.
Without Logging In
- Visit the official website of AIIMS here.
- To view the AIIMS MBBS 2018 results according to your roll number, click on the link that says “Roll number wise result of AIIMS-MBBS 2018 session….”.
- To view the AIIMS MBBS 2018 results according to order of rank, click on the link that says “Rank wise result of AIIMS-MBBS 2018 session….”.
- The results will be displayed on the screen in the form of a Google drive PDF file, as shown in the figure below.
With Log In Id
Candidates can follow the procedure below to log in & view their results:
- Access the official AIIMS MBBS login page which looks something like this:
- Provide your details vis-a-vis Candidate Id & Password. Also enter the captcha provided in the captcha image
- Hit the login button
- Your results will be displayed on the screen
- Make sure that you save a copy & take a print out of your AIIMS MBBS 2018 results
Candidates are advised to save a copy of their AIIMS MBBS 2018 results and take extra printouts for further use.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results – Contents
In the AIIMS MBBS 2018 results sheet that pops up after the candidate makes the choice between ‘Roll no wise’ or ‘Rank wise’, a PDF file in that order will be displayed. The PDF file is a compilation of AIIMS MBBS 2018 results of all the candidates. Each row contains the following result details of each candidate
- First column – Roll No.
- Second column – Overall Rank
- Third column – Category
- Fifth column – Biology Percentile
- Sixth column – Chemistry Percentile
- Seventh column – Physics Percentile
- Eighth column – GK Percentile
- Ninth column – Overall Percentile
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results – Important Points
- It should be noted that this is a list containing names of students who are eligible to appear in the first round of AIIMS counselling.
- The total number of candidates eligible are 4 times the actual number of seats available
- Other candidates will be called if the actual number of available seats are not filled in the first round of AIIMS counselling
- Physical counselling will be done for seat allocation
- Candidates have to fill their choice of institutes. Once submitted the choice can’t be altered
- Candidates must keep checking the official AIIMS Exams website. AIIMS MBBS Counselling letter will be released on the website itself.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Results Toppers
Here’s the list of AIIMS 2017 toppers.
|AIR 1||Nishita Purohit|
|AIR 2||Archit Gupta|
|AIR 3||Tamoghna Ghosh|
|AIR 4||Nipun Chandra|
|AIR 5||Harsh Agrawal|
|AIR 6||Rishav Raj|
|AIR 7||Harshit Anand|
|AIR 8||Rinku Sarmah|
|AIR 9||Abhishek Dogra|
|AIR 10||Manish Moolchandani|
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff percentile
Here is a table depicting the overall cutoff percentile & the qualifying percentile for AIIMS MBBS 2017. The qualifying percentile was declared by AIIMS prior to the exams, cut-off percentile has been obtained based on the list of candidates eligible for the first round of counselling.
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cut-Off percentile|
AIIMS MBBS College wise Cut Off
For understanding the cutoff concept better, here’s the branch-wise previous year’s AIIMS MBBS cut off. Cut off for the current year can be known only after the AIIMS counselling procedure concludes.
AIIMS MBBS New Delhi Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Bhubaneswar Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Bhopal Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Jodhpur Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Patna Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Raipur Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS Rishikesh Cut off 2016- Rank wise
AIIMS MBBS 2016 last rank cut off for 7 AIIMS Institutes
|Name of AIIMS Institute||AIIMS MBBS last rank cut off 2016|
|AIIMS, New Delhi||37||256||1138||2825|
AIIMS MBBS Merit List 2018
The merit list of AIIMS MBBS 2018 will be prepared as per the AIIMS 2018 result. Here are the criteria of AIIMS MBBS merit list that would be prepared by the AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Common Merit List– According to the regulations of Government of India on July 01, 1998, the SC/ST/OBC candidates, who are selected for AIIMS MBBS admission based on the same process applied for general category candidates, will not be granted admission under the reserved category. So, even the reserved category will be allotted general seats only.
- Scheduled Caste Candidates List– The merit list includes the list of candidates who belong to the scheduled caste who qualify for the AIIMS MBBS.
- Scheduled Tribe Candidates List– The candidates from the scheduled tribe and have qualified in AIIMS MBBS are enlisted in the scheduled tribe candidates list.
- Other Backward Classes Candidates List– All the OBC candidates who qualify for the entrance examination will be listed in Other Backward Classes candidates list.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results – Merit List Normalization Procedure
AIIMS MBBS 2018 was held in two shifts, so a normalization process will be followed to prepare AIIMS MBBS merit list/rank. The normalization procedure will be done on the basis of percentile scores.
Percentile Scores: The percentile scores are calculated as per the performance of the candidates in the entrance examination. It shows the percentage of candidates securing equal to or below the highest percentile score in examination. So, the highest scorer of each group will get 100 percentile. All the scores between highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate percentile. The percentile scores is to be calculated up to 07 decimal points to reduce ties.
AIIMS MBBS Merit List Tie-Breaking Method
If the rank of two or more candidates is equal, the conducting body, AIIMS, New Delhi will follow the tie-breaking methodology as mentioned below.
- Biology: Candidates with higher percentile scores in Biology will be given a higher rank.
- Chemistry: If the tie still exists, the higher percentile scores in Chemistry will be ranked higher.
- Physics: If the tie still remains, candidates securing higher percentile scores in Physics will be granted higher rank.
- Age: At last, the elder candidate will be allotted higher rank.
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2018
The counselling for giving MBBS seats will be held at AIIMS, New Delhi. Students will have to attend AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling person as per the schedule allotted to their rank. The counselling process will be done for all the 7 AIIMS and the seats will be allotted strictly on the basis of merit of the qualified candidates based on their choice and availability of seat, as per counselling norms. Please note that the round-I of AIIMS MBBS counselling will start from July 03 to 06, 2018. The candidates who are listed in rank-wise or roll number-wise AIIMS MBBS result have to download their rank letter. The rank letter includes the date, time and venue of AIIMS MBBS 2018 counselling. The counselling session of AIIMS MBBS will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru Auditorium (JNA), AIIMS, New Delhi.
|AIIMS MBBS counselling schedule|
|First Counselling||July 3 to 6, 2018|
|Second Counselling||August 3, 2018|
|Third Counselling||September 4, 2018|
|Open Counselling||September 27, 2018|
AIIMS MBBS Seats and Reservation 2018
The entrance exam was conducted for a total of 700 MBBS seats in 7 AIIMS institutes. Among the total seats, around 350 are for general and 189 are for OBC category candidates. The table given below shows the AIIMS MBBS 2018 seats & reservation criteria.
|S.No||Location of AIIMS||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Foreign||Total||Remarks|
|1.||Delhi||50||27||15||08||7||107||3% orthopedic physically handicapped (OPH) reservation on horizontal and category basis as per the rules will be provided in each institute|
AIIMS MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam Highlights
Commonly Known as: AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam
Exam Type: National
Exam Category: Undergraduate
Conducting Body: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
|Examination Date & time||Date: May 28, 2018
Time: Morning (9:00 am to 12:30 pm) and Forenoon Sessions (3:00 pm to 6:30 pm)
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Pattern||Single paper of 3:30 hours durations. There will be 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs). Each of the four sections namely physics, chemistry, biology will have 60 questions and 20 question from General Knowledge section|
|Marking scheme||+1 Mark for correct answer and negative marking of -1/3 (one third) mark for incorrect answers|
|Minimum age limit||17 years|
|AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results||June 15, 2018|
AIIMS MBBS Important Dates 2018
As discussed earlier, the application form of AIIMS MBBS 2018 was made available from January 24 2018 and the entrance exam was conducted on May 28, 2018. Here are some important dates below:
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Registration Notification||January 22, 2018|
|Online registration starts||January 24, 2018|
|Online registration Last Date||February 23, 2018|
|Status of registration including rejections and deficiencies in application form||March 7, 2018|
|AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2018||May 1, 2018|
|Date of Examination (Online)||May 28, 2018 (held)|
|Declaration of AIIMS MBBS 2018 Results||June 15, 2018|
Marking Scheme of AIIMS MBBS 2018
|Type of Answer selected||Marks per answer type|
|If correct||+1 mark|
|If wrong||-1/3 mark|
|If not attempted||0|
|If more than one option marked||0|
There will be a total of 200 questions asked in AIIMS MBBS 2018 with the maximum marks any candidate can obtain also being 200.
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi was conducted in the morning and forenoon sessions of the AIIMS MBBS 2018 between the time slots 9 am and 12.30 pm and between 3 pm and 6.30 pm respectively on May 28 for admission to MBBS seats in 7 AIIMS institutions. This Computer-Based Test (CBT) was for 3 hours & 30 minutes and the candidates had to appear for the online test as per the schedule allotted to them.
The application process for AIIMS MBBS 2018 had started from January 24, 2018 and the last date to fill the application forms was February 23, 2018. The AIIMS MBBS 2018 included 200 reason and assertion-based questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. There will be approximately 707 seats available for which lakhs of students from across the country wrote the competitive exam. This year, there has been a drastic increase in the number of seats.
Candidates, who appeared for the exam, can check below for detailed information on AIIMS 2018 result, counselling process and much more.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2018
It is crucial to read the eligibility criteria to ensure that your age and qualification is as required by the examination authority, AIIMS New Delhi.
The AIIMS MBBS 2018 Eligibility Criteria are given below:
- Nationality –Candidates have to be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible.
- Foreign candidates cannot appear for the entrance examination.
- Age: Candidates should have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2018.
- Date of Birth: Candidates born on or after January 2, 2000 are not eligible.
- Education Qualification: Applicants should have passed the 12 Class with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from Senior School Certificate Examination (CSBE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or same examination from a recognised University/ Board.
- Candidates who give the 10+2/HSC exam can also apply for AIIMS MBBS 2018.
- General and OBC candidates must have passed 10+2/HSC in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English with 60% marks while for SC/ST the qualifying marks are 50%.
AIIMS MBBS 2018 FAQs (Frequently asked questions)
- Question: What is CBT?
Answer: CBT stands for Computer-based Test. Please note that the AIIMS MBBS 2018 Entrance examination was conducted in the online mode.
- Question: Which is the exam conducting authority of AIIMS MBBS 2018?
Answer: AIIMS, New Delhi has been organizing the AIIMS MBBS entrance examination every year.
- Question: How many times is AIIMS MBBS 2018 held ideally?
Answer: AIIMS MBBS is conducted once a year only, and took place this year on May 28.
- Question: What is the minimum score so that I qualify AIIMS MBBS entrance examination?
Answer: For qualifying AIIMS MBBS 2018, you need to secure a minimum of 50 percent marks in the entrance examination (candidates from the general category). Candidates from the SC/ST and OBC categories must have obtained at least 40 percent and 45 percent marks, respectively.
- Question: Are the NEET scores accepted for getting admission in AIIMS?
Answer: No, the NEET Score Card is not considered to offer admission in any of the AIIMS.
That’s all on AIIMS MBBS 2018 results for now, folks.
Toppr wishes you all the best for your exam results.