Andhra Pradesh Engineering, Agriculture, Medical Common Entrance Test (AP EAMCET) is a state-level common entrance test held for admissions to undergraduate engineering, agriculture and medical courses in the government and private colleges located in Andhra Pradesh. The exam was supposed to be conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada on May 5, 2018. It was later preponed and will now be held on April 29, 2018.
Then and Now:
It is important to note that EAMCET was a common and combined exam for both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states till 2014. In 2015, after Telangana became a separate state, Andhra Pradesh conducted its separate exam, i.e., AP EAMCET, while Telangana started to conduct TS EAMCET separately. Make sure you don’t confuse the two exams!
AP EAMCET Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants are required to belong to Andhra Pradesh and should satisfy the Local or Non-Local status – as per the requirements of the Andhra Pradesh Education Institutions order, 1974.
- For B.Tech, pharmacy and science courses, candidates must obtain a minimum score of 45% in 10+2 (40% for the reserved category).
- For B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering), B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.Tech. (FS & T), the applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission and an upper age limit of 22 years for all the candidates. The upper age limit for SC/ST Candidates is 25 years as on December 31 of the year of Admissions.
- For pharmacy and science courses, candidates should have completed 16 years of age, as on December 31 of the year of admission. There is no upper age limit.
- For MBBS and BDS, candidates are required to have passed/appearing for Intermediate Exam or equivalent with Physics, Mathematics and Biology/Biotechnology (PCB) as the main subjects along with English. The candidate must score at least 50% marks in PCB (40% for reserved category).
- The candidate should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission to be eligible for MBBS and BDS courses.
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern:
- The AP EAMCET 2018 paper will have three sections:
- Physics: 40 questions.
- Chemistry: 40 questions.
- Mathematics (Engineering)/ Biology (Agriculture and Medical): 80 questions.
- Total: 160 questions.
- Type of questions: Objective type, 1 marks each.
- No negative marking for wrong answers.
- NOTE: The AP EAMCET 2018 and intermediate 10+2 exam marks will be normalized with a weightage of 75% and 25% respectively.
AP EAMCET Application Form:
The only mode of application for the exam is online.The Application Form will be available from February 3, 2018 onwards. Applicants should read the instructions carefully before filling the form.
Candidates are required to scan and upload signature and photograph as specified in the booklet.
Candidates are required to keep the payment details ready along with the following details:
- Aadhaar card
- Birth Certificate/ Class X Certificate
- Class XII Hall Ticket
- Class XII Mark-sheet
- Local Status
- Category details (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if eligible)
- For Engg. (E) – Rs.350/-
- For Agri.& Med. (AM) – Rs.350/-
- For Both (E & AM) – Rs.700/-
Last date for submission of Online Application with out late fee : 21-03-2018
AP EAMCET 2018-Important Dates
|1||Release of AP EAMCET 2018 notification||Fourth week of January 2018|
|2||Online AP EAMCET application form opens||Second week of February 2018|
|3||AP EAMCET 2018 Mock Test||Third week of March 2018|
|4||Last date to submit application form (without late fee)||Third week of March 2018|
|5||Last date to submit application form with payment of Rs.500 as late fee||Fourth week of March 2018|
|6||Correction of submitted application form||Last week of March till first week of April, 2018|
|7||Last date to submit application form with payment of Rs.1000 as late fee||Second week of April 2018|
|8||Last date to submit application form with payment of Rs.5000 as late fee||Third week of April 2018|
|9||AP EAMCET 2018 Hall Ticket download starts||Third week of April 2018|
|10||Last date to submit application form with payment of Rs.10000 as late fee||Fourth week of April 2018|
|11||AP EAMCET 2018 Exam||April 22 to 25, 2018|
|12||Publication of Preliminary Answer Key||Last week of April 2018|
|13||Last date for receipt of objections related to Preliminary Key||First week of May 2018|
|14||Publication of Rank list along with weightage of +2||First week of May 2018|
AP EAMCET Counselling Procedure:
- Post results declaration, candidates are required to choose any Andhra Pradesh helpline centre for document verification and option entry within a stipulated date and time.
- Candidates are then required to pay the requisite fees to avail admission.
AP EAMCET Contact details:
APEAMCET – 2018 OFFICE
ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING, GROUND FLOOR,
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY KAKINADA
KAKINADA – 533003. ANDHRA PRADESH
Phone no. : +91-884-2340535,2356255
E-Mail : [email protected]
Website : https://www.apeamcet.org