EAMCET 2018 Question Paper:
The best way to secure success in a competitive exam is to understand the pattern of questions and be thorough with the syllabus. Once that is achieved, the step towards realizing the final goal becomes easier. We have therefore put the syllabus of EAMCET 2018 for Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany + Zoology) and Mathematics alongside sample questions at your disposal. The EAMCET 2018 exam has two sections- the Agriculture and Medicine entrance exam and the Engineering entrance exam. The question paper for each of these two sections has 160 questions, which are objective based (Multiple Choice Questions). There is no negative marking for wrong answers or attempts. Each question is of equal weight in terms of marks. Let’s take a step further to a better future and go through the pattern of EAMCET 2018 question paper.
Syllabus for AP EAMCET 2018 Question Paper
Physical world· Units and measurements· Motion in a straight line· Motion in a plane· Laws of motion· Work, energy and power· Systems of particles and rotational motion· Oscillations· Gravitation· Mechanical properties of solids· Mechanical properties of fluids· Thermal properties of matter· Thermodynamics· Kinetic theory· Waves· Ray optics and optical instruments· Wave optics· Electric charges and fields· Electrostatic potential and capacitance· Current electricity· Moving charges and magnetism· Magnetism and matter· Electromagnetic induction· Alternating current· Electromagnetic waves· Dual nature of radiation and matter· Atoms· Nuclei· Semiconductor electronics· Communication systems
Diversity in the living world Structural organisation in plants- morphology · Reproduction in plants· Plant systematics · Cell structure and function· Internal organisation of plants· Plant ecology· Plant physiology· Microbiology· Genetics· Molecular biology· Biotechnology· Plants, microbes and human welfare
Zoology Structural organization in animals· Animal diversity-i : invertebrate phyla· Animal diversity-ii: phylum : chordata· Locomotion· & reproduction in protozoa Biology· & human welfare Type study of periplaneta americana· Ecology· & environment Human anatomy and physiology-i· Human anatomy and physiology-ii· Human anatomy and physiology-iii· Human anatomy and physiology-iv· Human reproduction· Genetics· Organic evolution· Applied biology
Atomic Structure • Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties • Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure • States of Matter: Gases and Liquids • Stoichiometry • Thermodynamics •Chemical Equilibrium And Acids-Bases • Hydrogen And Its Compounds • The S – Block Elements • P- Block Elements Group 13 (Boron Family) • P-Block Elements – Group 14 (Carbon Family) • Environmental Chemistry • Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles And Techniques And Hydrocarbons • Solid State • Solutions • Electrochemistry And Chemical Kinetics • Surface Chemistry • General Principles Of Metallurgy • P-Block Elements • D And F Block Elements & Coordination Compounds • Polymers • Biomolecules • Chemistry In Everyday Life • Haloalkanes And Haloarenes • Organic Compounds Containing C, H And O • Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Functions • Mathematical Induction • Matrices • Complex Numbers • De Moivre’s Theorem • Quadratic Expressions • Theory of Equations • Permutations and Combinations • Binomial Theorem • Partial fractions
- Trigonometric Ratios upto Transformations • Trigonometric Equations • Inverse Trigonometric Functions • Hyperbolic Functions • Properties of Triangles
- Addition of Vectors • Product of Vectors
- Measures of Dispersion • Probability • Random Variables and Probability Distributions
- Locus • Transformation of Axes • The Straight Line • Pair of Straight lines • Circle • System of circles • Parabola • Ellipse • Hyperbola • Three Dimensional Coordinates • Direction Cosines and Direction Ratios • Plane
- Limits and Continuity • Differentiation • Applications of Derivatives • Integration • Definite Integrals • Differential equations
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern for Engineering Stream (Common to all branches)
|Sr. No.||Subject||Marks||Duration||Exam Type|
|1||Mathematics||80||3 Hours||Objective type|
AP EAMCET Exam Pattern for Medical Stream (Common to all branches)
|Sr. No.||Subject||Marks||Duration||Exam Type|
|1||Botany||40||3 Hours||Objective type|
AP EAMCET 2018 Question Paper cut off marks
It is announced that the expected cut-off marks for AP EAMCET 2018 for General Category candidates is 45, for OBC is 40 and for SC/ST is 35.
Sample Questions for AP EAMCET 2018 Question Paper
Here are some sample questions from AP EAMCET Agriculture and Medicine exam held on April 28, 2017, during shift 2.
Q1) Match the following
|List 1||List 2|
|Gaspard Bauhin||Bacterial Cell|
|Robert Hooke||Binomial Nomenclature|
|Anton Van Leeuwenhoek||Sexual reproduction in plants|
Q2) Choose the wrong question from the following
- Mannitol is present in Gracillaria.
- Gelidium stores floridean starch.
- Volvox stores starch in pyrenoid.
- Laminarin is present in Ulothrix.
Following are some model questions from Chemistry
- Which one of the following has stable electronic configuration?
- N (2) C (3) F (4) Al
- Which one of the following exhibits acidity?
- R-OH (2) R-CHO (3) R-X (4) C6H5-OH
- Assertion (A): Carbonyl compounds undergo nucleophilic addition reactions.
Reason (R): Carbonyl group is non-polar.
The correct answer is:
(1) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A)
(2) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is not the correct explanation of (A)
(3) (A) is true but (R) is not true
(4) (A) is not true but (R) is true
Following are some sample questions from Physics
- A particle starts from origin at t=0 with a velocity of 10 i m/s and moves in x-y plane under the action of force which produces a constant acceleration of (2i + 3j) m/s2 . The y – coordinate in meters of the particle at the instant its x-coordinate is 24m becomes
(1) 12 (2) 6 (3) 18 (4) 3
- 5 bulbs each of 100 W are connected across 220 V power supply for domestic application. If each unit costs Rs. 4 then the cost per day in Rs. is
(1) 48 (2) 24 (3) 96 (4) 12
To browse through relevant information on the EAMCET 2018 Model papers, click here.