What is Bachelors of Business Management about?
Bachelors of Business Management also known as B.B.M. is a 3 year undergraduate business management course that provides students with an understanding of both practical and theoretical aspects of Business. This program basically helps students with management and leadership skills. This program also give students an exposure to various subjects such as Economics, Accounting, Finance, Management information systems, Marketing, Operations research, Business law and ethics, Strategic Management, Supply Chain Management, Organizational behavior and management. This course also help students in getting familiarize with management techniques that are prevailing in the corporate world. This program help students in realizing their full potential and work as smart professionals by bringing out of the box solutions for various problems. B.B.M. is often confused with B.B.A., but the major difference is that B.B.A. is Business Administration while B.B.M. is Business Management that focuses on logical and analytical related topics.
The duration of B.B.M. course is three years,that is, it is divided into 6 semesters. For distance courses too, the duration is 3 years. However, an extension of 2 years is given for completing the course.
Eligibility criteria for Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.)
The basic eligibility criteria for Bachelors of Business Management is as follows :
(1) A candidate should have passed 10+2 examination from any stream with English as a compulsory subject and has secured 50% marks.
(2) Candidates who have a commerce background are often given some relaxation in cut off marks during admission.
(3) Every eligible candidate also need to pass a common entrance test that is conducted by respective college/ institute.
How to Get Admission in Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.)
To get admission in Bachelors of Business Management, a candidate has to clear a common entrance test that is conducted by various universities and colleges. The admission process can be divided into three steps :
Step 1- Entrance test
Step 2 – Personal interview
Step 3 – Admission/Counselling
The entrance exam tests the following skills of the candidates, that is, analytical ability, logical reasoning, general awareness, quantitative aptitude and language and reading comprehension. The students can also seek admission in B.B.M. course through UGAT, a competitive exam. It is conducted once in a year and students who have completed or are about to complete their 10+ 2 can apply for this exam. There is an option to choose either Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test for this exam. Candidates after clearing the entrance exam with a valid score are then required to clear the group discussion and personal interview tests. All these parameters help in determining the selection of the candidate into Bachelors of Business Management program.
Who should opt for Bachelors in Business Management course?
The students with following qualities should opt for Bachelors in Business Management course :
1. Students who have a zeal for Bachelors in Business Management and areas related to it are most suitable for this program.
2. Those who would like to go into teaching fields in government and private institutions can also opt for B.B.M.
3. Those students who have good critical thinking and analytical skills and are also familiar with evaluative techniques.
4. They should have effective verbal and written communication skills.
5. They should also have an innovative problem-solving approach and logical decision- making skills.
6.They should know how to handle numeracy and should have a good practical approach.
7. They should have the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data and information efficiently.
8. Students who have the ability to handle/manage various projects and do authentic research work should go for Bachelors of Business Management.
Colleges offering Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.)
There are many management colleges in India that offer Bachelors of Business Management with excellent faculty and infrastructure. Some of the top colleges are:
1. Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences, Bangalore. |
2. Bangalore University, Karnataka
3. Bhavan Rajendra Prasad Institute of Communication and Management, Mumbai
4. D.G. Vaishnav College, Chennai
5. Gitam college, Hyderabad
6. Amrita school of Arts and Sciences, Kerala
7. Lady Keane College, Meghalaya
8. Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Andhra Pradesh
9. Asian College of Science and Commerce, Pune.
10. Jyoti Institute of Management Science and Technology, Bareilly.
11. Bhupendra Narayan Mandal University, Madhepura.
12. NSHM College of Management and Technology- NCMT, Gurgaon.
13. Administrative Management College,Bangalore.
14. Sri Venkateswara University, Andhra Pradesh.
15. M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Bangalore
16. Pacific Academy of Higher Education and Research Society, Rajasthan.
Syllabus for Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.)
Given below is the syllabus of Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.) as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
(1) SEMESTER 1
|1||Principles of Management|
|2||Business Communication and Soft Skills|
|5||Economic Environment of Business|
(2) SEMESTER 2
|1||Business Regulatory Framework|
|4||Office Management and Automation|
(3) SEMESTER 3
|3||Indian Financial System|
|4||International Trade ad Finance|
(4) SEMESTER 4
(5) SEMESTER 5
|4||Human Resource Management|
|5||Accounting for Managers|
(6) SEMESTER 6
|2||Project and Viva-Voice|
|4||Company Law and Secretarial Practice|
|5||Banking Law and Practices in India|
What are the academic options after Bachelors of Business Management (B.B.M.)
A number of options are open for students after doing Bachelors of Business Management such as they can go for higher studies like Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration, Masters in Business Administration (M.B.A.), Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management etc.The students who have done graduation in Bachelors of Business Management are also eligible for Post-graduation in Supply Chain and Operations Management.
How is Bachelors of Business Management course beneficial ?
1. Students can also have jobs in the areas of retail, financial institutions, sales, marketing, distribution and hospitality.
2. Candidates can also go for human resource and recruitment jobs.
3. They can also be recruited in professional services such as business consultancy, law and tax and finance, chartered accountancy.
Bachelors of Business Management Employment Areas
1. Colleges and Universities
2. Health Sector
3. Construction Companies
4. Chemical Companies
5. Grocery Sector
6. Fashion Companies
Bachelors of Business Management Job Types
1. Business Development Manager
2. Associate Manager
3. Business Analyst
4. Delivery Manager
5. Business Operations Manager