The Vellore Institute of Technology, known as VIT is an Indian institute of higher education and a deemed university. It is considered to be one of the Top Private Universities in India. VIT has campuses in two locations, Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. It conducts the entrance exam for courses into its U.G. programs where about 20 disciplines are available. The examination is known as VITEEE, or the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam and is conducted in online format every year in the month of April. Apart from the 20 U. G. disciplines, VIT also provides 34 P. G. (post-graduate), 4 integrated and 4 research programs. We bring you the list of the basic and the best books for VITEEE preparation that you should possess.
Best Books for VITEEE Preparation
First and foremost while preparing for VITEEE, ensure that you know your CBSE/State Board syllabus thoroughly. Nothing out of the syllabus is going to come for the exam. The CBSE/State Board textbooks are very important in the following units:
- Inorganic Chemistry – The type of questions asked in competitive exams under this part of Chemistry will directly be based off the reactions given in the standard text book. Chapters like s-block, p-block and d-block elements come under this category. Do the exercise questions given at the end of the chapter first. Some of the questions are frequently asked in competitive exams like JEE Mains, BITSAT as well.
- Coordinate Geometry – The topic is a vast topic and one can go on and on while trying to prepare for it. But with respect to competitive exams, stick to NCERT syllabus for it. It is also useful to practice drawing graphs for various equations as that technique might come in useful in visualizing certain problems that might be too lengthy for solving mathematically.
- Semiconductor Devices and their applications – The CBSE book for Physics is the primer for this topic. The book pretty much covers everything required in this topic. Some of it might be useful in college courses like Metallurgy.
Other reference books that can be termed as best books for VITEEE preparation by many students are:
- Arihant Series – DC Pandey
Books on Mechanics – Part 1, Mechanics – Part 2, Waves and Thermodynamics, Electricity and Magnetism and Optics and Modern Physics.
- Concepts of Physics (both volumes) by HC Verma.
- MCQ Question Bank by D Mukherjee.
- Inorganic Chemistry NCERT Text Book.
- Organic Chemistry Khan Academy Videos.
- Arihant Series – Dr. SK Goyal.
- Arihant Past Year AIEEE papers.
- VITEEE Solved Papers and Mock Tests from Arihant.
- RD Sharma – Objective Mathematics Part 1 and Part 2 (NCERT difficulty).
- NCERT Text Book.
- AC Dutta for Botany – Oxford Publication.
- Pradeep’s Biology Guide.
VIT EEE when preparations done with the right mindset can be an easy exam to crack relatively. Hence it is important to stay focused. The admission process for VITEEE is a little tricky too. The admission rate, however, is also not something to be worried about and is easily doable with simple practice and of course, confidence.
Toppr wishes you the very best for VITEEE 2017!