Baba Farid University of Health Sciences was established under an Act passed by the Legislature of the State of Punjab in July, 1998. It is a public university having S.S. Gill as the Vice – Chancellor. Officially accredited/recognized by the University Grants Commission, India, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) is a large (enrollment range: 20,000-24,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. It is affiliated by UGC, AIU and ACU and has various faculties of Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, and Nursing Sciences. There are large numbers of colleges affiliated by BFUHS and this university is running various courses like MBBS, MDS, BDS, MD, and MS. It has six faculties such as Medical Sciences, Dental Sciences, Nursing Sciences, Ayurveda, Physiotherapy and Homoeopathy.
The mission of the University is to create an intellectual, academic and physical environment, which is conducive to free flow of ideas and exchange of information between various faculties. It has a genuine endeavour to open a window to the world of health professionals, health planners, health managers, biomedical and social scientists and educators in health sciences of the country.
This 19 years old H.E. institution has a selective admission policy based on entrance examinations. The admission rate range is 90-100%, making it a least selective institution. BFUHS also provides several academic and non-academic facilities and services to students including a library, as well as administrative services.
In this article, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about BFUHS like the admission process, ranking, eligibility criteria, affiliated colleges and much more.
Baba Farid University has issued a notification for the Admission in BMLT / BPT / B.Sc. Nursing for the session 2018-19. The candidates who are eligible can submit their application form before the last date through the official website. The applicants will get admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance examination i.e. PPMET 2018, which will be conducted by the university for those candidates who will submit their application form successfully. The candidates have to visit the official website in order to apply online.
At present, the University has 146 affiliated colleges comprising of 139 affiliated and 7 constituent Colleges (with an approximately 35,000 students).
- For undergraduates, the University provides up to ten different specializations, while postgraduates have the option of choosing from six different courses.
- Candidates need to qualify in the PMET 2018, which is a state level entrance exam, in order to secure seats for all of the undergraduate courses apart from B. Pharm. Likewise, a graduate needs to qualify in the PGET 2018 to opt for all postgraduate specializations excluding M. Pharm.
- For nursing courses, candidates need to qualify in entrance exams called PPBNET 2018 for UG courses and PMNET 2018 for PG courses.
- The application process for undergraduate courses start from 1st week April 2018 and continues on untill 3rd week of September 2018, while for postgraduates it starts from 1st week of Jan of January and continues till the 30th of September.
- Applications can be submitted online by logging onto the official website.
- Counselling for undergraduates will be held on 3rd week September, 2018 at GGS Medical College, Faridkot from 09:00 a.m. onwards. For frequent updates, the candidate needs to visit the University website regularly.
BFUHS Ph.D Admission 2018
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) offers Ph.D program in faculties of Medical/ Allied Health/ Dental/ Nursing/ Physiotherapy/ Pharmaceutical Sciences. Candidates seeking admission in Ph.D program can visit the official website of BFUHS and register themselves for the entrance exam PHDET- 2018 conducted by BHUFS along with INR 3000 through bank challan. The duly filled complete application form along with the demand draft and other requisite enclosure documents should be sent to the office of the coordinator, Ph.D Research cell faridkot.The university will notify the entrance examination date on official website of the university.
Candidates who have obtained Master’s degree with 55% marks in the following subjects will be eligible to register for Ph.D course will be allowed to to do research work in the Departments mentioned in table:
|Sr. No.||Subjects||Department of Research|
|6.||M.Sc in Bio Physics||Oncology and Physiology Department|
|8.||Master of Social Work|
|9.||Master of Mass-Communication|
|10.||Master in Commerece|
|11.||M.Sc Psychology & Clinical Psychology||Psychiatry Department|
|12.||Master in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology||ENT Department|
|13.||M.Sc in Audiology|
|14.||M.Sc in Speech Language Pathology|
|15.||MBA (Hospital Management)||Hospital Management & Health and Sciences Management|
|17.||Anthropology||Department of Anatomy|
- Candidates having Post Graduation degree with minimum 55% marks in any subjects other than medical can register for a Ph.D degree in BFUHS under the medical faculty in Allied Sciences group.
- The university usually conducts the entrance examination for Ph.D in the month of January and July of each year.
BFUHS Admission 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
|Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Entrance Exam|
|MBBS and BDS||1st week, April 2018||Last Week, April, 2018|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||Last week May, 2018||Second week June, 2018||First week July, 2018|
|B.Sc. Nursing (PB)||2nd week Aug, 2018||1st week Sept, 2018|
|B.Sc.||Last week August, 2018|
|BPT, BMLT, B.Sc.(Anatomy Physiology, Biochemistry)||First week Sept 2018||2nd-3rd week, Sept 2018|
|B. Pharm||1st week June , 2018||4th week June , 2018|
|B. Pharm (LE)||1st week June 2018|
|Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Entrance Exam|
|MD/MS/PG Diploma and MDS||1st week Jan, 2018||1st week Feb,2018||2nd week Feb, 2018|
|M.Sc.||2nd week Sept, 2018|
|M. Pharm||1st week June, 2018||1st week August, 2018|
|MPT||1st week Sept, 2018||Last week Sept, 2018|
|M.Sc. ( Nursing )||2nd week Aug, 2018||1st week Sept, 2018|
BFUHS MBBS and BDS Admission 2018
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences provides Bachelor programmes in three broad specializations – Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBS), Bachelor of Dental Surgery(BDS) and Bachelor of Pharmacy(B. Pharm). Admission to the MBBS and BDS courses at BFUHS is done on the basis of merit in PMET 2018, as well as marks obtained in certain 10+2 subjects. For B. Pharm, marks obtained only in certain 10+2 subjects will be taken into consideration.
- The application process for MBBS and BDS generally starts from the month of April, while the entrance exam for the same is conducted in the month of May.
- While MBBS comprises of 5 years, BDS takes 4 years to complete.
- There is a relaxation of 10% for SC/BC and 5% for disabled persons.
List of MBBS and BDS Courses with Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Fees|
|MBBS||5 years||50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology + merit in PMET 2017 (40% for SC/BC & 45% for Disable Persons)||1st Year Rs. 80,000/- 2nd Year Rs. 90,000/- 3rd Year Rs. 1,00,000/- 4th Year Rs. 1,10,000/- 5th Year Rs. 1,20,000/-|
|BDS||4 years||1st Year Rs.80,000/- 2nd Year Rs.90,000/- 3rd Year Rs. 1,00,000/- 4th Year Rs. 1,10,000/-|
BFUHS B. Pharm and M. Pharm Admission 2018
BFUHS provides Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm), admission of which is strictly done on the basis of merit as per their 10+2 exams. There are a total of 30 seats in the UG course which comprises of 4 years.
For Master of Pharmacy (M. Pharm), candidates belonging to the general group require at least 55 percent in B. Pharm, whereas a 50 percent is required for candidates belonging to the reserved category. There are a total of 20 seats in the PG course, which comprises of 2 years.
Key points to be noted:
- Applications for B. Pharm needs to be submitted by June 2018.
- Pharm applicants need to submit their forms by August.
- Counselling will be conducted for B. Pharm candidates in July, and for M. Pharm candidates, it will be done in August.
- Candidates who have already done a diploma in B. Pharm can opt for three years of B. Pharm. instead of the regular four years.
List of B. Pharm and M. Pharm Courses with Number of Seats and Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Fees|
|B. Pharm||4 Years||10+2 with at least 45% marks with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the Mathematics/Biotechnology/Biology||1st Year Rs. 80,000/- 2nd Year Rs. 90,000/- 3rd Year Rs. 1,00,000/- 4th Year Rs. 1,10,000/- 5th Year Rs. 1,20,000/-|
|B. Pharm (LE)||3 Years||45% in D. Pharm (40% for reserved categories )||1st Year Rs.80,000/- 2nd Year Rs.90,000/- 3rd Year Rs. 1,00,000/- 4th Year Rs. 1,10,000/-|
|M. Pharm||2 Years||55% in B. Pharmacy (50% for reserved categories).|
BFUHS B.Sc. (Nursing) & Post-Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) Admission 2018
BFUHS provides Bachelor of B.Sc. (Nursing) and Post-Basic B.Sc. (Nursing). Admission for these undergraduate courses is done on the basis of merit and the entrance exam.
- Sc. (Nursing) is a four-year course, which requires at least 45% in certain Science subjects of 10+2, and English as a compulsory subject. The candidate must also qualify in PPMET.
- Post-Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) is a three-year course, which requires the candidate to pass the PPBNET 2018 entrance exam along with the experience of General Nursing and Midwifery
- The candidate should make sure that he/she should at least have completed 17 years of age before the end of December 2017.
List of B.Sc. (Nursing) and Post-Basic B.Sc. (Nursing) Courses with Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Fees|
|B.Sc. (Nursing)||45% in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum 45% (40% for SC/ST/BC) and English as a compulsory subject + merit in PPMET 2017||Rs. 13000 for govt college|
|B.Sc. Nursing (PB)||General Nursing and Midwifery + PPBNET 2018||Rs. 15,900 for govt college / Rs. 20000 for university college|
BFUHS B.Sc., BPT, BMLT Admission 2018
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS) provides specialization in Bachelor of Science (Anatomy, Physiology & Bio-Chemistry (B.Sc.), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (B.P.T), and Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology (BMLT).
Key points to be noted:
- To get through B.Sc., the candidate needs to be a 10+2 pass out from a recognized institute situated in Punjab and should have a combined 50 percent in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with pass marks in English.
- Admission to the BPT and BMLT courses will be done on the basis of the percentage of marks received by the candidate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) in their 10+2 examination.
List of B.Sc., BPT, BMLT Courses with Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Fees|
|B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)||50% 10+2 passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English, passing in each subject individually.||Rs. 30,000|
|BPT||10+2 (Medical) on merit.|
|B.Sc.||40% in 10+2 with the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually|
BFUHS MD, MS, MDS Admission 2018
The admission to MD/MS/PG Diploma/MDS and six months training in Ultrasonography shall be open to candidates who have qualified PGET – 2017/Special Test and are deemed eligible as per the Punjab Govt. notification. The candidate must also posses basic qualifications i.e. MBBS for various Medical PG Courses and BDS for various Dental PG Courses.
Key points to be noted:
- Candidates cannot claim a seat/admission on the basis of the PGET – 2017 rank alone.
- Eligibility and Merit of a candidate for admission against any PG seat will be determined by the Selection Committee, strictly as per rules and regulations laid down in the Punjab Govt. Notification(s) as published in the University prospectus.
- No request for relaxation of compulsory rotating internship shall be accepted.
List of MD, MS, MDS Courses with Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria||Fees|
|MD/ MS||Must have obtain at least 50% in
|PG Diploma||Rs. 30,000|
BFUHS M.Sc., M.Sc. (Nursing), MPT Admission 2018
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences offers M.Sc. degree in four specializations – Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Nursing. While admissions in Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry is done on the basis of marks scored in B.Sc., for admission in Nursing marks scored in PMNET is also considered.
The university also offers Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) for which admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying exam.
Key points to be noted:
- For admission in M.Sc. (Nursing), candidates need to appear in PMNET-2018 entrance exam, which will be of three hours duration consisting of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) carrying 800 marks.
- There is a relaxation of 10% in the eligibility criteria for SC/BC students in the qualifying examination
List of M.Sc., M.Sc. (Nursing), and MPT with Eligibility Criteria
|Course Name||Eligibility Criteria|
|M.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry)||Merit|
|M.Sc. (Nursing)||B.Sc. (Nursing)/ B.Sc. (Post Basic Nursing) + PMNET-2018|
|Master of Physiotherapy||Merit|
Fees for Baba Farid University Application Form 2018
- General Category candidates have to deposit Rs. 5000/
- SC / ST candidates have to deposit Rs. 2500/-
The payment is deposited in any branch of Oriental Bank of Commerce throughout India by using Bank challan form, which is generated after applying online through University website.
How to Apply for Baba Farid University Application Form 2018
- First of all, go to the official website at – ac.in
- After that click on the link “Baba Farid University Admission 2018”.
- Fill up all correct details in the Application Form.
- Upload the required Document and click on the submit button.
- Make the payment in the prescribed format.
- Take a printout of your application form for future reference.
Baba Farid University of Health Sciences (BFUHS): All You Need to Know
|Bachelor of Science [B.Sc]||6,833/year||3Years|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medical Sciences [BAMS]||18,000/year||5Years|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy [B.Pharm]||47,000/year||4Years|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy [BPT]|| 53,333/year
|Bachelor of Dental Science [BDS]||88,000/year||5Years|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery [BHMS]||18,000/year||5Years|
|Master of Science [M.Sc]||46,500/year||2Years|
|Master of Dental Sciences [MDS]||150,000/year||3Years|
|Master of Physiotherapy [MPT]||130,000/year||2Years|
|Master of Exercise Physiology & Nutrition [EPN]||46,500/year||2Years|
|Master of Pharmacy [M.Pharm]||47,750/year||2Years|
|Doctorate of Medicine [M.D]||150,000/year||3Years|
|Master of Surgey [M.S.]||150,000/year||3Years|
|Master of Chirurgiae [M.Ch]||7,400/year||5Years|
|Post Graduate Diploma||33,000/year||2Years|
Let’s also take a look at the detailed fee structure for the MBBS program.
YEAR 1: 80,000
YEAR 2: 90,000
YEAR 3: 100,000
YEAR 4: 110,000
YEAR 5: 60,000
PROGRAM GRAND TOTAL: 440,000
Let’s take a quick look at the ranking of this university.
India web rank: 97
Asia web rank: 1622
Global web rank: 5029
Colleges Affiliated to BFUHS
Saraswati Nursing Institute: Saraswati Nursing Institute is one of the prime Nursing Institutes of the region and the courses offered here are recognized by Punjab Government, Indian Nursing council-New Delhi & Punjab Nurses Registration Council.The Institute is affiliated to Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot ,Punjab. Our nursing institute has been contributing to the preparation of clinical nurse practitioners, educators and administrators. Thus it is serving to promote health, prevent sickness and provides bedside care to the sick and suffering. Saraswati Nursing Institute is imparting Education in Nursing streams at both degree (M.sc Nursing, B.sc Nursing Basic & B.sc Nursing Post Basic) and diploma level (GNM & ANM) The Institute works in collaboration with educ.
Dasmesh College of Nursing: Objectives
- To prepare nurses clinicians for bedside and community health care including supervisory roles.
- To prepare nurse educators to assume responsibility to supervise, guide and prepare the future nursing personnel.
- To prepare nurse administrators to assume responsibility in hospital and community health care services.
- To enable the students for attaining strong basic foundation in their career so as to pursue for higher studies in the field of nursing.
Dasmesh College/School of Nursing is committed to provide best education to the students through competent teaching faculty by incorporating advance teaching technology to ensure high quality nursing education as well as clinical practice of nursing for quality patient care and evidence based nursing research.
To achieve the highest level of student’s satisfaction and results by practicing high quality teaching and technology for over all development of students and to become the most preferred college of nursing.
Dasmesh College of nursing, a constituent college of SSSBP Society, Faridkot spreads over an area of 5 acres of land that provides a clean, open and pollution free academic environment to the students. The Institute has been offering Master Degree in M.Sc(N) in the specialty of Medical Surgical Nursing, Obst. and Gynae Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Community Health Nursing and Mental Health Nursing and Bachelor Degree in B.Sc (N) since 2009, Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery (G.N.M)and Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (A.N.M) diploma since 2010 and Post Basic B.Sc (N) since 2011. All these courses are recognized by Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi, Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot and Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh.
This is an important land mark in the history of this rural, but historical belt of Faridkot, as these educational activities will lead to better health services and quality patient care. The institute is going to become one of its own kind in imparting liberal education (intellectual, moral and physical) on complete pattern with the view towards all round development of students to enable them to compete globally.
The Institute has well equipped multimedia classrooms and laboratories which are well equipped as per INC norms. The Library and computer laboratory has sufficient number of computers along with internet facilities for students and college faculty. The clinical training to students is provided under the supervision of well qualified and trained faculty. The Institute also has well maintained separate multimedia rooms for the conducting workshops and seminars for Post Graduate students.
The College library of 2500 sq.ft has almost 4000 books in stock on nursing and allied subjects and is timely updated with new journals (National and International) and magazines. Hostel is well furnished with all required facilities of mess, safe drinking water and electricity round the clock.
Courses Offered & Eligibility Criteria
- Sc(N) in all specialties
- Post Basic B.Sc(N)
Number of Seats
- 25(5 in each)
Government Ayurvedic College
Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
Dasmesh Institute of research and dental sciences
Dr. Shyam Lal Thapar College of Nursing
Luxmi Bai Institute of Dental Sciences & Hospital: Deptt. of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
This deptt. deals with all kinds of Surgerical problems of jaws and associated structures like impaction(third molar removal), Fractures due to trauma, jaw infections etc. Students are taught to extract tooth in this department.
Deptt. Of Prosthodontics
This deptt. Deals with all kinds of artificial substitutes of missing teeth. The treatment includes Complete dentures, Fixed partial denture (Bridge of Crown). Partial dentures. Latest Technique of implants (Replacing tooth with Titanium tooth) is also performed here with successful outcomes.
Deptt. of Orthodontics
This deptt. Deals with the treatment of all winds of mal aligned teeth of children. Irregular teeth of children are treated with Fixed braces or removable wires of latest techniques and world class companies.
Deptt. Of Pedodontia
Problems related to children which includes dental cares, infections milk tooth removal are dealt in this deptt. With latest painless techniques. For small children a playroom is made to make them fearless of dental procedures.
Deptt. Of Periodontia
This deptt deals with all kinds of gum diseases e.g. Pyrohea (decaying of gums). To give best treatment to patients latest equipments are available which restores the gums of the patients and in ware the efficacy and life expectancy of the tools. Implantology procedures along with their maintenance are also performed here with research orientated techniques.
Deptt of Conservative dentistry
Restoring the decayed teeth with latest filling materials and treating the dead tooth is done in this deptt. Even the hopeless tooth can be tried to same with the latest equipments and methods in this deptt. Which removs the fear of removal of tooth.
Deptt of Oral medicine
This deptt. Deals with the diagnosis of the problems of the patients. Patients are screaned here with latest x-rays and other methods and their treatment is decided here to refer them to various departments for their treatments.
Deptt. Of Public Health Dentistry
This department is devoted to the provision of comprehensive oral health care at individual and community level. It deals with the organization of dental check-up and treatment camps among the deprived and remote sections of society, with due concern to the school children, thereby generating oral health awareness amongst them. A fully-functional and well-equipped mobile dental van is designed to meet the oral health needs of population at their doorstep. Students are trained to provide health education at camps and satellite centers by performing initial screening examination and promoting the art of prevention.
Deptt. Of Oral Pathology & Microbiology
The key forte of this department is to unveil the clinical diagnosis by microscopic evaluation of the pathological tissues related to oral and maxillofacial region. Anti-tobacco counseling is done for the patients in conjunction with exfoliative cytology of varied premalignant lesions to aid early oral cancer screening. The department is teemed with a range of informative posters related to tobacco cessation and its adverse effects, charts and portraits depicting the clinical, radiologic and microscopic features of oral pathologies along with hard and soft tissue pathologic specimens projected for better understanding of the subject in a glimpse. The department is also concerned with the training of undergraduates in dental morphology (tooth carvings), oral embryology, histology and pathology – both at gross and cellular level.
Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Science & Research, Sri Amritsar
Khalsa Dental College & Hospital
Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research:
The Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee, Sri Amritsar decided to start BDS course in Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Dental Sciences & Research, Sri Amritsar in the year 1992 by constituting a Trust namely Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital Trust which was formed on 15.12.1992. Sri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Amritsar was also started in the year 1997 under the control of Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital Trust, Amritsar.The Punjab Govt. accorded necessary sanction for start of BDS course with intake capacity of 60 students in this Institute and Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar granted affiliation to it. First batch of 60 students was admitted in 1992.
- 24 Hours Emergency Facility for Patients
- Fully Air Conditioned College Building
- Well Furnished Boy & Girls Hostels
- Gym / Swimming Pool / Play Grounds
- 24 Hours Power Back-up Facility
- Internet Facility & Wi-Fi Campus
- Large Parking Area in College
- Direct Hotline Facility to College
- Fully Equipped Mobile Dental Van
- Centrally Air Conditioned Auditorium with capacity of 500
- Fully Equipped central library facility with E-library facility available
- Lift facility for patients and students
- Central pathology laboratory with latest computerised testing equipment
Seth Madan Lal Memorial School of Nursing
Desh Bhagat Ayurvedic College & Hospital: To impart quality education in the field of Ayurveda to new generation and to equip them with the changing needs of healthcare in 21st century.
* To provide optimum medical facility and special medical care of highest standards through the combination of traditional Ayurvedic therapy and modern investigations.
* To promote the Ayurvedic system of medicine with all its originality and to make the people aware about the practical utility of Ayurveda in healthcare.
* To make this place an ‘Epitome of Health Care’.
|Courses||No. of Seats||Eligibility||Duration||Fee (per year)|
|BAMS(min. 60% marks in entrance test)
BAMS(min. 60% marks in entrance test)
|(Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)||60||10+2 (Medical group) & as per Pb. Govt. Norms||4 ½ yrs. & 1 yr. Internship|
|Diploma in Pharmacy (UPVAID)|
|(Ayurvedic)||60||10+2||2 years & 3 months|
|(Under Pb. State Faculty of Ayurvedic & Unani System of Medicine, Patiala)|
Mai Bhago Ayurvedic Medical College:
Mai Bhago Ayurvedic College, Muktsar has been setup in the fond memory of “MAI BHAGO” a lady warrior, who infused new spirit among the fugitive soldiers. Hence, the college Owes its origin to the sentiments associated with our great Heroic and Philanthropist traditions and our peerless history.
The college is run by Guru Gobind Singh Educational Society (Regd.), Muktsar similarly as GURU GOBIND SINGH JI transformed the helpless “SPARROWS” into ferocious “BAAZ“, so dose this society. It cherishes the high idea of : –
Mai Bhago Ayurvedic College, Muktsar was inaugurated in July 1995 by the then Hon’ble Cheif Minister of Punjab, S.Harcharan Singh Ji Brar. It is the second college in the north India for the young girls to study Ayurveda. It is an unaided, self-financing private ayurvedic college. Our institute doesn’t receive any kind of aid from the Government. The money generated from it is ploughed back into the educational field by improving infrastructure & opening new sister concern dispensaries for the benefit of students and people at large.
Maa Saraswati College of Pharmacy
Gian Sagar Medical College
Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Dental College:
S.K.S. Sarabha Dental College & Hospital is dedicated to the great martyr Kartar Singh Sarabha, who sacrificed his life in the prime of his youth for the freedom of India
The institution is situated in his native village SARABHA, (Distt. Ludhiana). This is the land where this great revolutionary was born on May 24th, 1896.
S.K.S. Sarabha Dental College & Hospital strives to impart quality education -holistic in nature and relevant to our needs, which will produce committed Dental Graduates dedicated to the cause of Complete ORAL HEALTH. It has been conceived with the purpose of providing an ideal environment for greater enhancement of the capabilities of individuals through information, interaction and intensive patients-students-teachers contact, apart from providing excellent dental health care facilities to the masses. The institute is giving an opportunity to intelligent and deserving students belonging to the poor economic background to make a career in this profession.
- Public Health Dentistry
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral Medicine & Radiology
The college library has a collection of about 60000 books and 10000 bound volumes of journals. It subscribes to about 100 international journals in various disciplines of Dental Science and Technology. Services such as lending of books and journals, reading room, reprographic facilities and bibliographic reference and information are rendered by the library.
Each of these libraries can be accessed by a student . Besides these central libraries, each constituent institute has its own library besides these central libraries. There are also small department level libraries in all of the College. The College always strives to provide the latest and best collection of books, journals, online sources, dissertations etc. to the students for coursework and research.
Medical and Dental education is a specialized branch of education, eminent doctors and educationists with vast experience in this field have been associated to create a conducive environment for education as well as health care. There is less emphasis on didactic lectures, instead, laboratory and clinical demonstrations, group discussions, seminars, workshops and conferences form vital part of total curriculum, besides inculcation of basic human values amongst students.
The hostels provide a decent & hygienic salubrious ambience and a feel-good climate and are equipped with all amenities for living , dining and recreation that makes each inmate feel at home . They provide a right atmosphere for intellectual stimulation and balanced growth . There are boys hostel and girls hostels providing accommodation to students within the campus.
Admission to Dental Course-Eligibility Criteria.
- For admission into the B.Pharm course offered by BFUHS, the candidate must have secured a minimum of 45% marks with English as a compulsory subject and Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics / Biotechnology/ Biology / as an optional subject. For B.Pharm. (Lateral Entry), the candidate should have completed his/her degree in D.Pharm. with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination.
- If the student has secured at least 55% marks in B.Pharm, he/she will be eligible to apply for the M.Pharm degree programme.
- Candidates must qualify the respective entrance examination with a minimum of 50% in order to be considered eligiblity to apply for the MBBS and BDS programmes offered in the university..
- For all the above programmes, the selection of the eligible students will be based on their performance in the entrance exam and will be followed by a centralised counseling session.
- A minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/BC) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2 or a degree of similar will be considered eligible to apply for the course of B.Sc. Nursing.
- The Admission will be on the basis of the candidate performance in PPMET 2018, followed by an obligatory physical counselling process.
- The eligibility marks cut off is 50% marks in PCB with English for a candidate to enrol for B.Sc. (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry) and 40% marks for B.Sc. General, wherein the students will be admitted solely on basis of their merit.
- For pursuing MD/ MS/MDS, the candidates must secure a minimum of 50% in the qualifying examination to be eligible and they will be selected by the committee based on their score in PGET 2018..
- For a course in M.Sc. Nursing, the candidate must pass either B.Sc. (Nursing) or B.Sc. (Post Basic Nursing) and he/she will thereafter be selected based on his final marks in PMNET 2018.
- For applying in PhD, the candidates must have finished their Masters in the respective discipline while securing at least 55% marks, wherein they’ll be further screened based on their marks in PHDET-2018, followed by a viva voce to get admitted in the university.
- To apply to any one of the courses, candidates have to go to the official website and register for the course they want to pursue after checking if they fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- They have to check the registration fee, and pay the specified amount to any Oriental Bank of Commerce branch through the challan, the pdf version of which will be available for download at the university’s website.
- Following the payment procedure, the candidate has to fill in the required personal details and educational qualifications in the online application form online.
- Once the form is filled, the candidate can take a print out and must send it by post to “The Principal, University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research, Sadiq Road, Faridkot-151 203 (Punjab)” before the application deadline.
- The candidates have to see the checklist and accordingly attach all the relevant personal documents mentioned in the online brochure along with the payment Bank Challan Form (Institute Copy) in the same enclosure while posting the application form.
The important dates are listed below.
For B.Sc. Nursing
Start of application form submission: June 07, 2018
Deadline for online submission of application form: June 25, 2018
Entrance Test (PPMET-2018): July 01, 2018
Result Declaration: July 03, 2018
For M.Sc. Nursing
Start of Online application form: June 15, 2018
Deadline of submission of application form: July 31, 2018
Deadline of submission of application fees: August 2, 2018
Availability of online admit card: August 10, 2018
Entrance Test (PMNET- 2018): August 17, 2018
Result Declaration: August 20, 2018
The application fee for M.Sc. Nursing is Rs 5000 for general candidates and 2500 for SC/ST candidates.
Start of application form submission: June 08, 2018
Deadline of application form submission: June 23, 2018
Document verification: June 25, 26, 27, 2018
Merit List of candidates (Provisional): June 28, 2018
Start of online and offline application form: June 01, 2018
Deadline of submission of application form: July 11, 2018 by 4:00 P.M.
Counselling dates: July 16, 2018
The candidates must check the website regularly to stay updated about the online application process, fees required and other relevant notifications that may be issued.
Duration of the Course
- 5 years – 240 teaching days in an academic year.
- One year internship has been scrapped.
- During this period, the student shall be required to have engaged in full-time study at a dental college recognized or approved by Dental Council of India.
Attendance requirement, Progress and Conduct
- 75% in theory and 75% in practical/clinical in each year.
- In case of a subject in which there is no examination at the end of the academic year/semester, the percentage of attendance shall not be less than 70%.
- However, at the time of appearing for the professional examination in the subject, the aggregate percentage of attendance of attendance in the subject should satisfy condition (i) above.
Campus, Infrastructure, and Facilities
The university offers great campus facilities such as modern lecture halls with audiovisual aids, well-equipped departments, laboratories and latest equipment for training the students. The University offers well-maintained hostels for the accommodation.
The University library and information system of BFUHS can be accessed online through its website ibrary.babafariduniv.com. It provides access to its collection through online web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue). Partially air-conditioned, the library provides a comfortable seating and reading environment, facilities such as internet surfing, document scanning, printing, CD-ROM facilities, online literature searching, on request literature search, subject bibliography, articles database searching, document delivery services, etc.
For more details or to contact the institute directly, check the official website.