BHU PMT 2018 – Banaras Hindu University
Banaras Hindu University (BHU) is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. BHU is organised into 6 institutes and 14 faculties (streams) and more than 132 departments. Established in 1916 by Mahamana Pt Madan Mohan Malaviya, BHU is one of the largest residential universities in Asia, with over 20,000 students. The university’s main campus spread over 1,300 acres and has over 75 hostels for resident students. Several of its colleges, including engineering (IIT-BHU), management (FMS-BHU), science, linguistics, journalism & mass communication, performing arts, law, agriculture (IAS-BHU), medicine (IMS-BHU) and Institute of Environment And Sustainable Development (IESD-BHU), are ranked among the best in India. BHU organizes the BHU PMT 2018.
Banaras Hindu University organizes the Banaras University Pre Medical Test commonly known as the BHU PMT in order to shortlist individuals into its medical courses. If you desire to apply for the course you would have to know what exactly it is about.
For appearing in the BHU Pre Medical Test 2018 candidates are required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
• Candidates applying for BHU Pre Medical Test will have to pass 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized university of state or central.
• For courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, candidates need to pass and score an aggregate of 50% marks in the subjects of Chemistry, Physics, Biology/ Biotechnology and English. But for PC candidates the minimum mark required is 45% and for SC/ST/OBC Category candidates are required to have a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Physics, Biology & English at 10+2.
• For B.Pharma the minimum marks required is 60% for general and OBC category while for SC/ST and PC category students is 55%.
• Students appearing in +2 exam 2018 exam are also eligible to apply for this exam.
• Candidate should be an Indian National.
The minimum age limit for appearing in the BHU Pre Medical Test 2018 is 17 years of age whereas the maximum age limit is 25 years of age as on 31st December of 2018.
The BHU PMT 2018 Application Form will be available for the candidates on the main website. The test is known as Pre-Medical Test conducted by the Banaras Hindu University for the admission of candidates in various undergraduate courses such as BDS, MBBS and B.Pharm. The application form will be available from April 2018. The application forms are available online only so candidates have to visit on www.bhu.ac.in for registration. Those candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria are only eligible to apply for the admission. The final date to apply for BHU PMT exam is May 2018.
- Candidates applying have to visit the BHU PMT website bhu.ac.in.
- To register applicant need to click on “Apply for admission” and provide their mobile number and email ID for receiving all future post till the admission process is over.
- Candidates need to log in using their login details and fill in their private, academics and other details as mentioned in the form and save it.
- Candidates need to select the test centre in which they are most comfortable with and save it.
- Candidates have to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format only and submit it.
- For completion of the process, Candidates have to pay their application fees online through Debit/ Credit card or through Net Banking and also by Cash through challan.
BHU PMT Application fees for BHU PMT is Rs 1000/- for general and OBC category students and Rs 600/- for SC/ ST category students.
The amount can also be paid in cash at any branch of HDFC Bank through the Challan downloaded from the Entrance Test Portal.
The prescribed syllabus for the candidates applying for the BHU Pre Medical Test 2018 is as same as the syllabus of +2 level of the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology. The exam will be conducted in two section namely Preliminary or Screening and mains.
• The preliminary exam is consisting of total 200 questions 50 question each for Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The total duration of exam is 3hours.
• The main exam is consists of total 100 questions 25 question for each of Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology. The exam duration will be 3 hours.
• The correct answer is awarded 2 marks while for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted.
The topics for the various subjects are as below:-
- Work and Heat
- Wave Motion
- Physics of the Atom
- Nuclear Physics
- Law of Thermodynamics
- Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Electronic Devices
- Electro-Magnetic Induction
- Circular Motion
- Structure of Atom
- States of Matter
- Physical Chemistry
- Periodic Properties of Elements
- Organic Chemistry
- Molecule and Chemical Bond
- General & Inorganic Chemistry
- Elements and Compounds
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Xylem and Phloem
- Tropic and turgor movements
- Transpiration and respiration
- Plant growth and development
- Internal structure of stem
- Internal structure of dicot and monocot leaves
- Genetics and Evolution
- Botany and Human Welfare
- Anatomy and Physiology of Plants
- Absorption and cell water relations
Center of examination
The screening exam centers are Kolkata, Delhi, Varanasi and Hyderabad.
Important Dates in BHU PMT 2018
Following are the important dates for the BHU Pre Medical Test 2018:
• The releasing date for the application forms 1st week January 2018.
• The last date for the submission of the application form is last week of February 2018.
• The releasing date for the BHU PMT admit card 2018 is the 1st week of April 2018.
• The date for the screening test will be 2nd week of May 2018.
• The date for the BHU PMT main exam is 2nd week of June 2018.
BHU PMT 2018 Selection Process
In order for you to get selected you need to get minimum qualifying marks. The list of passed individuals would be declared based on their merit performance in the examination. Finally, those who pass the entrance exam would be the student of Banaras University.
MBBS Distribution of Seats:
Total MBBS Seats in IMS-BHU = 84 seats (total medical seats in IMS BHU)
Dental Course in BHU
BDS Distribution of Seats:
Total BDS Seats in IMS BHU = 38 seats (total dental seats in BHU)
*Non-Creamy layer OBC only.
Exam Pattern OF BHU PMT 2018
The BHU PMT would consist of a total of questions of 200 and each question carries 2 marks. There would be 50 questions from each from Physics, Chemistry and Botany and Zoology with 100 marks for each subject. There would be a deduction of 1 mark for any wrong answer. The total time duration to complete this exam is 3 hours.
BHU PMT 2018 Exam Dates
|BHU PMT Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Application Form||Jan 1st week 2018|
|Submission||First week of May 2018|
|Admit Card||April 2018|
|BHU PMT||May 2018|
|BHU PMT Prelim screening||2nd week of May 2018|
|BHU PMT 2018 Result||June 2018|
|Counselling||Last week June 2018|
BHU PMT Colleges:
The list of colleges that are associated with this examination is mentioned here for the applicant’s sake of convenience.
• Arya Mahila Degree college: Every girl has the potential and is the light of the world and the pride of human race. Arya Mahila P.G. College endeavors to provide comprehensive, meaningful. All inclusive and relevant education to girls so that they could become intellectually enlightened, morally upright, socially aware and spiritually awake. As a result of multidimensional progress, dynamic leadership and academic excellence the NAAC (National Assessment of Accreditation Council) has conferred “A” grade to the college in the academic session 2012-2013.
• DAV degree college: DAV Post Graduate College was established by its mother institution, Arya Vidya Sabha, Kashi. The idea behind its establishment was to open an institution in the heart of the city and under the umbrella of Banaras Hindu University, to cater to the need of the value and skill-based education to the students. Two disciples of Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya Ji, viz. Pt. Ram Narayan Mishra and Shri Gauri Shankar Prasad were instrumental in establishing the college. The college was established in 1938 as an Intermediate college recognized by Banaras Hindu University. It got degree status from the University in 1947 and permanent affiliation in 1954.
• Vasant Kanya Mahavidyalaya: Vasant Kanya Mahavidyalaya (V.K.M.) was inaugurated on the 10th July 1954 by Dr. C.P. Ramaswamy Iyer, the then Vice-Chancellor of the Banaras Hindu University and has successfully celebrated its Golden Jubilee in 2004-2005. Its aspiration to attain academic excellence has given it a rare opportunity to be “entered to the privileges of Banaras Hindu University” as per the decision of the B.H.U. Academic Council and Visitor’s Approval (President of India).
• Vasant college of women: Vasanta College for the women was first established by the Dr. Annie Besant in 1913 within the campus of Theosophical Society (a pioneer institution) having the aim of offering the advanced education to the woman. In 1954 Vasanta College was moved to the campus of Krishnamurti Foundation India (an international foundation operating the many educational institutions in various parts of India and abroad), Rajghat. Krishnamurti Foundation India was established by the foster son of Dr. Annie Besant, the Shri J Krishnamurti.
The campus has three hostels for undergraduate men named Punarvasu Atrey Hostel, Ruiya Medical Hostel, and Dhanwntri Hostel, and four hostels for postgraduate men named Old P. G. Hostel, New P.G. Hostel, Ruiya Annexe. and Married Doctors Hostel. Undergraduate and postgraduate women live in Kasturba Girls Hostel. All hostels run their own messes.
The campus of Medical Sciences lies at the front part of the university. The campus contains the medical college, the hospital, the student and resident hostels, the staff quarters, a post office, a temple (BHU Vishwanathji), playgrounds and sporting fields. While the hospital section of the campus is typically crowded and busy, the residential part of the campus is quiet and idyllic punctuated with small parks.
Dr. V.P. Singh one of the best-recognized figures in the field of Medicine was born on January 05, 1941 in Etawah. He joined the Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU as the student of the first batch and took his MBBS degree in 1965 followed by MD (Medicine) in 1969. He has held prestigious assignments at his Alma Mater, working as Head of Department of Medicine and later on as the Director, Institute of Medical Sciences. He served the University as the member of the Executive council, and as Rector. He was also the Director of National Teachers Training Center.
His tenure as Director, Institute of Medical Sciences was marked by many landmark achievements- for the first time 10 new super specialty departments were created, a most modern Intensive Care Unit was established in the Hospital, regular Renal Transplant program and Laparoscopic Surgery was started, a fully equipped Pediatrics Surgery Block was commissioned and an MRI unit was commissioned in the Department of Radiology. It was because of his efforts that the undergraduate course BAMS was started in the Faculty of Ayurveda and five new departments were created.
Also check out our article on tips for acing medical entrances here.