BITSAT counselling, also known as BITSAT college applications, is an online process. This year it starts from 3rd week of May. This is while BITSAT is still going on which will be held between 2nd week of May, 2018. BITSAT is one of the few exams where candidates can apply for colleges before the exams have ended. During the BITSAT counselling, candidates must take a sincere look into previous years’ cut off scores & where their scores fit in the equation. Before going into the BITSAT counselling procedure, let’s look at the eligibility to get an admission into one of the BITS colleges, as listed on their official website.
BITSAT Eligibility Criterion
- Eligibility criterion with regards to candidates’ admission to BITS is as follows
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm, candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognised Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm, candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2017 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
BITSAT Counselling Procedure
- BITSAT 2018 qualifying candidates have to start by filling up BITSAT counselling application form, with details such as name, mobile number, email ID, etc. and submit it after the results of the entrance exam are declared.
- Along with BITSAT counselling application form, candidates have to enclose their Class 12th Mark sheet, if they have it. Otherwise, they have to take a printout of the application form with the following written on its top – “Original form already submitted. Class XII Marks being submitted now”. Candidates then have to send this form to the institute.There are no additional charges applicable. Candidates also need to enclose their Class 10th or equivalent pass certificate with the BITSAT counselling form & class 12th board mark sheet.
- In this step, the candidates also have to enter their order of preferred choices for college and courses. Any entries once filled & submitted cannot be changed, so candidates must be really careful while filling their college choices.
- Candidates need to report to respective centres allotted for admissions.
Toppers of all central and state boards are eligible for direct admissions irrespective of their BITSAT score given that they meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
BITSAT slot booking closes on 5th April, 2018. Candidates must select their slots to secure desired slots.