BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern: Everything you Need to Know
The Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) 2018 is scheduled for the second week of May 2018. So, the time is just right to begin your preparation for the coveted BITSAT 2018 entrance test. It’s critical for you to know the key elements of the BITSAT exam pattern such as the subjects, format of the question paper, duration, type of questions, marking scheme, etc. to excel in the exam. In this article, we familiarize you with the BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern so that you can make a fool-proof study schedule and manage your time better.
BITS, Pilani organises the fiercely competitive BITSAT examination to provide admissions to UG and PG courses. BITSAT is your gateway to admissions in the three BITS campuses i.e. BITS Pilani Campus, K.K. Birla Goa Campus, and the Hyderabad Campus. Click here for a detailed guide to the BITSAT Application Process.
BITSAT 2018 test will comprise of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (For B. Pharm.), English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning. The BITSAT Exam Pattern is as follows:
- BITSAT 2018 will be conducted through the Online Mode (Computer Based Test).
- The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- The question paper will comprise of 150 objective-type questions (Multiple Choice Questions).
- Each correct answer fetches three marks, while one mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The candidates may choose to skip a question, but the computer will not allow the candidates to choose more than one option as the correct answer.
- In case, the candidates answer all 150 questions within the stipulated time of three hours (without skipping any question), then they may attempt additional 12 questions (four each from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics only). However, the candidates will not be able to make changes or corrections in their earlier 150 answered questions.
- The questions in BITSAT are selected randomly from a large question bank. Therefore, different candidates will get different question sets. An expert committee will ensure that the question sets are of a comparable difficulty level, content, question type, etc.
- BITSAT 2018 question paper is fashioned in such a way that good candidates will be able to complete it within 3 hours, while brilliant candidates will have the opportunity to attempt the extra 12 questions, thus giving them a chance to score higher marks.
- The BITSAT 2018 question paper will have four sections with marks assigned to them in the following manner.
|Sections||Subject||No. of Questions|
|Part 3||English Proficiency||10|
|Part 4||Mathematics/Biology (For B. Pharm.)||45|
We’ve also put together some tried-and- tested tips on how to manage the BITSAT 2018 exam pattern to take the test in the most advantageous manner.
Tips for Managing the BITSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- There is no time limit to answer the individual subjects. Hence, you can go back and change any of your answers while attempting the 150 questions.
- The questions are not of a very high level of difficulty. They are formula-based most of the time. It is critical that you manage your speed and time efficiently and don’t panic or rush to finish the 150 questions.
- The 12 additional questions towards the end are meant for extremely high calibre candidates, and not everyone should attempt them. Sometimes, it is important to focus on the 150 questions alone.
- A score of 320 or above is considered a safe score for getting admission in any of the BITS.
That’s all for today, folks! I hope this article helps you gear up for the BITSAT 2018 and makes the entire journey of studying considerably easier for you.