BITSAT 2018 Important Dates:
Birla Institute of Technology & Science conducts the BIT Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) every year. There are three institutions which consider BITSAT i.e. BITS Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus. This university-level examination gets conducted in order to provide admission to UG and PG courses like B.Tech, B.Pharma, and M.Sc. Each year, the notification gets released most probably in the month of December. All the interested candidates, who are going to apply for BITSAT 2018, are requested to go through this article for details like BITSAT 2018 important dates, application procedure, slot booking dates, tips & tricks for exams, etc.
Around 2 lakh candidates appear in BITSAT every year competing for 2,000 seats in BE (Honours) programmes. BITSAT 2018 will be conducted at 47 test centres located across India and Dubai. It is extremely important for a candidate to be aware of these BITSAT 2018 important dates.
The Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) has announced the BITSAT 2018 important dates. The exam will commence in May 2nd week, 2018. However, the candidates will be required to register online by submitting the application form of BITSAT. The last date to submit the BITSAT application form 2018 is February 3rd week 2018. Candidates can check allotment of BITSAT 2018 exam center online from February last week 2018. The BITSAT important dates include the schedule of the entire admission process, online registration, slot booking, admit card, result, counselling of BITSAT. It is mandatory for the candidates appearing for admission to UG engineering courses offered in BITS to check all BITSAT important dates in order to avoid missing any crucial event for admission.
BITSAT 2018 Important Dates
|BITSAT 2018 information brochure||December 29, 2017|
|The online application form is available from||December 29, 2017|
|The deadline to apply for the examination||3rd week of February|
|The facility to make corrections in the application form is available from||3rd week of February|
|Test centres will be allocated to the candidates||Last week of February|
|Slot booking for the exam||1st week of March|
|The issuance of the admit card will begin from||2nd week of April|
|BITSAT 2018 will be held online on||May 2nd week onwards|
|Apply for Admission||3rd week of May|
|Announcement of the admit and wait list||2nd week of July|
BITSAT Application Form 2018: How to Apply?
It will be possible to obtain the application form from 29th December, 2017 onwards and the last date to apply online is in the 3rd week of Feb, 2018. Candidates are eligible to apply for the exam only once. However, if they have committed any mistake in their first application, then they can move to apply for the second time. In this case, candidates will be required to send a letter to the concerned authority regarding the same.
1) The online registration process for BITSAT will start from the 2nd week of January 2018.
2) Candidates can only apply via online mode and for that, they need to visit the official site (after the release of official notice for BITSAT 2018).
3) Only those candidates who are the permanent citizens of India can apply for the same.
4) To apply for it, candidates need to register themselves first. After registering successfully, candidates will be given the registration number and password.
5) With those registration credentials, candidates will have to log in there. After that, an application form will be displayed, which needs to be filled with all the accurate details.
6) After that, you will have to pay the application fee.
8) Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form along with the payment receipt and send it to -The Admissions Officer, BITS Pilani – 333 031, Rajasthan.
For Male Aspirants: Rs. 2750/-
For Female Aspirants: Rs. 2250 /-
*The fee can be paid through ICICI bank Challan or Net banking, Credit, Debit card.
BITSAT Slot Booking 2018
This is one of the most BITSAT 2018 important dates, and candidates should keep this in mind. Slot basically means the sessions on which an examination is supposed to be held. Slot booking is commonly used for reserving a slot. BITSAT is conducted on multiple days, so it is necessary for the applicants to reserve the slot which allows them to acquire the seats in the examination hall.
Candidates can book their slot before April 2018. The examination of BITSAT will be conducted in the month of May 2018, so it is necessary to book the slot in order to gain the admit card issued in the favour of candidate. Candidates are expected to reserve their date and timings (slot booking) on the date they would like to appear for the aptitude test. The booking would be on first-cum-first-served basis.
The slot booking would be only for those candidates who have submitted their application form. Candidates are advised to book their slot ASAP because, at the end of it, the candidates need to compromise on the slot choice.
Procedure of BITSAT Slot Booking 2018: How to Book a Slot
As soon as all the application forms are received by the conducting body, they will be releasing the final list of exam cities along with the examination centres and according to it, the applicants have to book their slot. These are the steps.
- Go to the website link, which is given here.
- Submit your application no, DOB, gender, etc.
- Click on the Proceed button.
- Select the examination centre allocated in the exam city.
- In the next step, candidates need to click on the date on which they want to appear for BITSAT 2018 and options for the slot will appear on the screen.
- Each day, the examination will be conducted in 3 slots from 8:30 am to 11:30 am, 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm and 4:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
- Confirm your slot and take the hard copy of it for future reference.
- It should be noted that the slots will not remain constant, they keep on changing quite often.
BITSAT 2018 – Regain Application Number
Slot booking will only be done when candidates submit their application number. Sometimes, it happens that the candidates forget their application number.
In this case, in order to gain the application no., applicants need to-
- Access the official site for the link.
- Enter your registered E-mail Id, DOB, gender and your mobile no.
- Click on the “Proceed” button.
- Instantly, the application no. will be provided to the candidates.
BITSAT Admit Card 2018
Candidates can get their hall ticket from the official site. Hall Tickets will be uploaded on the site 15 days before the examination date. With the help of hall tickets, candidates can get the information regarding the date of examination, the venue of the examination, roll number, enrollment number and many other important details.
As given in the aforementioned table of BITSAT 2018 important dates, admit cards will be available from April 15.
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should have passed class 10+2 or equivalent exam (from any state or central board of school education) with 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology.
- They also need to have secured 60% marks separately in each of the three subjects.
- Proficiency in English is another requirement for appearing in BITSAT 2018.
- Only those candidates, who are appearing in class 12th in the year 2018 or have cleared 12th in 2017, are eligible for BITSAT 2018.
- Top rankers candidates with Rank 1 in the central or state boards in India will be offered admissions to the programmes of their choice, irrespective of their score/rank in BITSAT 2018, but must meet the aforesaid eligibility criteria.
BITSAT 2018 Result
BITSAT 2018 result will be available on the official site of the board. Candidates will be able to download their result from the first week of June 2018. However, for exact dates, you need to stay tuned to this page.
BITSAT Counseling Procedure
The counselling process of BITSAT 2018 exam will be conducted by the conducting authority in the month of June or July and it will be purely on merit basis.
Please Note: These BITSAT 2018 Important dates are subject to changes by the official website.
Candidates need to score more than 300 in the examination in order to get qualified, but the real dilemma is: how to get there? How to get that rank or how to crack BITSAT 2018? Well, if these questions are confusing you, then just let your mind be free because today in this article, we are going to share some handy tips with you all.
To help you score really well and get the most coveted seat in one of the illustrious branches of BITS, we list down some of the most important BITSAT 2018 preparation tips and tricks.
BITSAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- Prepare keeping your strengths and weaknesses in mind:
Candidates must prepare for this exam keeping in view the subjects/topics they know better and the ones they find difficult to understand/solve. They must know which topics they need to focus more on and which they should practice and revise more. One of the best ways to strengthen weak areas is by taking mock tests regularly. Refer to your BITSAT syllabus before studying or revising anything for the exam.
- Revise as much as you can:
The best way to master any topic/subject is practice. Regular and genuine practice is required to score well in the exam. It is important to learn new topics; however, it is essential to revise what you have already studied. Chances of forgetting the things/topics you have learned are more in the case of such a vast syllabus. Every day you give at least 2 hours to revise what’s already consumed.
- Avoid making wild guesses:
Since the BITSAT exam has a negative marking for each wrong answer, avoid selecting options randomly. Do not make any guesses in the paper. Instead, first eliminate the alternative which is least likely to be accurate. Now estimating from the remaining three options would reduce the risk factor a great deal.
- Master the language:
BITSAT carries 15 questions pertaining to English as a subject. It must be mastered well to excel in the exam. You should have a good hold over grammar. For Verbal and Logical sections, try to practice and prepare from books and mock papers.
- Refer to sample papers and previous year question papers:
Candidates can practice for BITSAT 2018 by using the sample papers or previous year question papers for a better understanding of the question, format and mark allocation. By solving these papers, a candidate will get familiar to the BITSAT examination and can easily perform well in the main exam.
- Stay positive:
One might argue – how does staying positive during exam preparation boost score? It definitely helps, my friend. A positive mind means a fresh and healthy body, and an energetic you means the proactive and more focused you. Hence, positivity is important to boost your exam performance and final score.
General Tips to Crack BITSAT 2018
1) Do not just dig only one topic for a long time. Learn and then revise and after one or two hours, just give time to another topic. The basic stuff like mathematical formulae, organic chemistry reactions, and other quick learning stuff should come to your mind easily.
2) Start the paper with the easiest part so that the logical/complicated things do not make the whole paper more complex for you.
3) The only subject which needs a lot of practice is Mathematics because, in this subject, you need to be practical and calculative. The more you will practice, the easier it would be to solve the question within less time.
4) However, BITSAT is as hard as JEE but still, it does not contain the entire syllabus as JEE. Rather than wasting time in lengthy and tricky questions, try to cover the easy and scoring parts completely. All the formulae must be on the tip of your tongue.
5) Plan how you will go about solving the examination paper; make sure you solve/ attempt 120 questions in all. Out of them, you need to attempt 20 questions in English and logical reasoning, 35 (each) in Math and Chemistry and rest 30 in Physics subjects.
6) You must attempt at least 100 questions correctly. Make sure that you do not give any chance to tricky questions because, for each wrong answer, ¼ marks will be deducted.
7) There are several BITSAT online test series available on the web. These mock tests improve your skills at attempting the paper. Not just that, they also give you the patience to sit in front of a computer for 3 hours nonstop.
8) Spend only one minute per question in the beginning one and a half hour of the examination. Wasting too much time on a question at the beginning could result in chaos in the end.
This was our article on BITSAT 2018 important dates. For more things on BITSAT, keep following us at Toppr!
Practice smart and stay healthy. All the best!