Students who need to take admission in Integrated First Degree programmes will have to first do the BITSAT Slot Booking so that they get the scheduled dates and time for the test. For the slot booking process, you need to follow the steps mentioned on the official website of the organization. Candidates would be allowed to download the hall tickets after the reservation of the date and time. Also, note that no request will be accepted for making changes in the test centres as BITS decides the test centres on their own.
According to their official website, BITSAT Slot Booking 2018 will commence from 3rd week of March 2018 and will prolong until 1st week of April 2018.
Get more information about BITSAT slot booking 2018 on this page.
What is BITSAT Slot Booking?
BITSAT is a computer-based test conducted over a period of 15 days. To be able to take the test, candidates are required to choose slots from during this period & book them. Each candidate has to take the test in the slot they have chosen.
BITSAT Slot Booking – Important Steps
BITSAT Slot Booking can be done through a few simple steps as follows.
- Access BITS Admissions page & click on the link provided for slot booking
- Select your test center which has already been allotted.
- After selecting the center, a new date window is displayed. Choose a Date
- Proceed ahead to slot selection, after confirming the date.
- Two time slots will be available vis-a-vis 9 AM – 12 Noon & 2 PM to 5 PM. Choose your preferred time slot. If you have strict preferences you should do the slot booking as early as possible.
- Confirm your Booking & You’re Done!
Having talked about the BITSAT slot booking, let’s look at some upcoming BITSAT events’ dates.
BITSAT Important Dates
|S.No.||BITSAT slot booking events||Important dates|
|1.||BITSAT slot booking starts from||Third week of March 2018|
|2.||Last date for BITSAT slot booking||First week of April 2018|
|3.||BITSAT admit card available from||Third week of April 2018|
|4.||BITSAT 2018 examination||Third week of May 2018|
BITSAT Eligibility Criteria
It’s important that you fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear for this test. If you aren’t eligible, your candidature will not be considered. So here are the eligibility criteria as listed on the official website of BITSAT.
Official website of BITS Admission list downs the following eligibility criteria for admissions.
- For admission to any of the First Degree programmes of BITS except B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) and adequate proficiency in English. However, candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Candidates should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th class examination in 2018 or who have passed 12th class Examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2018 test.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are not eligible to appear in BITSAT-2018.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2018.
Changing BITSAT Slot
Step 1: Go to the BITSAT Official website
- Firstly, students have to log on to the official website of Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani i.e. bitsadmission.com.
- Then, you need to click on the suitable link for BITSAT 2018Slot Booking on the home page.
- You will see a new page that gets opened that will ask for details.
Step 2: Fill in the BITSAT Slot Booking Details
You need to now fill up all the details in the dialogue box:
- Application Number
- Date Of Birth
- E-mail ID
- Click on the “Proceed” button after completion of all the details.
Step 3: Select BITS Admission Test Centre
Once you click on the “Proceed” button, you will reach a new page where you need to enter all the required information such as:
- Hall Ticket Number
- Full Name
- Centre Allotted (City Name)
- Select Test Center
- Then students have to click on the “Continue” button.
Step 4: Check BITSAT Date
- In this step, you need to select the preferred date and time.
- Chose the test centre and tap on the “Continue” button.
Step 5: Confirmation Page
- Here, you will see a Confirmation message on your computer screen.
- You need to cross-check the date and time you selected.
Step 6: Select the Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) Slot
- Students can select an online slot once they receive the confirmation message.
- If you need to make any changes in the test slot, then click on the “Change Test” tab.
- After that is done, press on “Confirm Slot” button.
Step 7: BITSAT Booking
- You need to now enter details like your name, test center, test date and test slot. Finally, you can click on the “submit” button and confirm your BITSAT Slot Booking Dates.
BITSAT Test Centres
List of BITSAT Exam Centres 2018
|Delhi-4||Dubai Campus of BITS|
|Ghaziabad||Goa Campus of BITS|
|Hyderabad Campus of BITS-1||Hyderabad Campus of BITS-2|
|Hyderabad City-1||Hyderabad City-2|
|Patna-2||Pilani Campus of BITS|
BITSAT 2018 Admit Card Dates
Applicants can check the tentative dates of the BITSAT admit card here:
BITSAT admit card dates
|1.||BITSAT slot booking 2018||Third week of March 2018|
|2.||BITSAT admit card releases on||Third week of April 2018|
|3.||BITSAT 2018 exam||Third week of May 2018|
BITSAT 2018 Time Slot
|Slot 1||8:30 am to 11:30 am|
|Slot 2||12:30 pm to 3:30 pm|
Note: Don’t forget to click on the ‘Change test date’ button if you wish to change the exam date.
BITSAT Admit Card
Students who register for BITSAT 2018 successfully will be given an admit card online. For downloading the BITSAT admit card 2018, you need to log in with the help of your application number, gender, date of birth and email ID. The BITSAT hall ticket mentions exam-related information, candidates’ personal details and exam-day guidelines. Note that the admit card of BITSAT is important and candidates will not be allowed to sit for the examination without it.
Details Mentioned in the BITSAT Hall Ticket
These are the details that will be mentioned on the admit card:
- Candidate’s Name
- Application Number
- Test Centre
- Address of Test Centre
- Test Date
- Test Time
- Subject Opted for Part IV
- Other Exam Related Instructions
How to download BITSAT Admit Card 2018?
You can follow these steps given to download the BITSAT admit card 2018:
Step 1) Click on the link ‘BITSAT admit card available’ on the official website.
Step 2) Enter the BITSAT application number, date of birth, gender and Email ID.
Step 3) After filling in all the details, click on the ‘Proceed’ button.
Step 4) You will be able to see the admit card of BITSAT 2018 on the screen. Crosscheck the details mentioned on it, and take a print out for future reference.
BITSAT Admit Card 2018 – Important instructions
Go through the following instructions related to BITSAT 2018 admit card carefully:
- Candidates need to carry the BITSAT admit card to the examination hall.
- The invigilator at the exam hall will check the admit card of BITSAT 2018 to authenticate the identity of the candidates.
- Apart from the BITSAT 2018 hall ticket, students also need to carry a valid identity proof to the exam centre.
- Personal belongings such as calculators, mobile phones, electronic gadgets, bags etc. are not allowed inside the examination centre.
- Students need to give their fingerprint at the exam centre, so ensure that you do not have any paint/ henna on your fingers.
- Carry a pen along for signing and doing rough work during the examination.
- BITSAT admit card 2018 needs to be kept safely until the end of the admission procedure.
To score well in your Board exams, here are a few points you should keep in mind.
All the very best & keep reading Toppr Bytes.