AIIMS entrance examination is a National Level UG medical entrance exam conducted by AIIMS, Delhi, to offer admissions in MBBS programs. Getting into AIIMS is a dream come true for every aspiring medical student and a gateway to a fruitful and flourishing career in medicine. However, it is also considered to be one of the toughest entrance tests in India. Also, there is a vast choice of available study material both, offline and online. Hence, it becomes critical to make the right selection when it comes to referring study material or books for AIIMS exam preparation.
In this article, we bring you a subject-wise list of the books for AIIMS preparation. But first, let’s understand the pattern of the exam. The AIIMS test is a computer-based exam which consists of 200 multiple-choice objective type questions from Physics (60 questions), Chemistry (60 questions), Biology (60 questions) and General Knowledge (20 questions).
Books for AIIMS Preparations
First and foremost, NCERT Physics, Chemistry and Biology books for 11th and 12th standard are a must for AIIMS exam preparation. Apart from that, there are additional books that you must seriously consider while preparing for AIIMS Entrance Exam.
Here’s a comprehensive subject-wise list of books for AIIMS:
Best Biology Books for AIIMS
Read these books after going through the NCERT books as it will make every topic more relatable and easy to grasp. These standard biology books include fundamental principles and concepts of biology and provide accurate information.
- Trueman’s Biology Vol. 1 & 2
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Prakash Objective Biology
- A C Dutta for Botany ( Oxford Publication)
- GR Bathla Publications’ for Biology (Theory & Objective)
Best Physics Books for AIIMS
Some of these books cover concepts of physics right from the basics to help jog your memory on topics that you have learned before your 11th standard. They also provide clarity on concepts and then some challenging numerical exercises. Most of these books are designed in sync with the physics NCERT textbook and contain adequate objective questions of all types like single option correct, matching, assertion-reason and statement-based questions to help you prepare for competitive exams.
- H C Verma for Physics
- Aggarwals’ Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT
- NCERT Physics: CBSE PMT by Anil Aggarwal (Set of 3 Volumes)
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 & 2
- Objective Physics for Medical Entrances Examination (Volume 1 and Volume 2)
Best Chemistry Books for AIIMS
In these books, various numerical and theory portions are explained in great detail. You’ll also find chapters covering the NCERT 11th & 12th syllabus, conceptual questions, previous year’s board and competitive exam papers and other tools to help you practice and revise.
- Modern ABC of Chemistry for Class 11th & 12th (Vol. 1 & 2)
- Physical Chemistry by O P Tandon
- Arihant Organic Chemistry
- Dinesh Chemistry
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Objective NCERT at your fingertips Chemistry by MTG-
You also need to stay abreast of the latest happenings for the GK section of the exam. To achieve this, you must diligently read newspapers, subscribe to a weekly or monthly current affairs magazine and pay attention to the science sections.
Previous Year’s Question Papers
Apart from the books mentioned above, you must also refer to the previous year’s questions papers from the following sources:
- Arihant AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination (Solved Papers 2007-2017)
- MTG AIIMS Explorer (17 Years Solved Papers) by Dr. Sandeep Ahlawat
- AIIMS 17 years solved papers by Disha Publication
When you’re armed with the right knowledge and a winning attitude, no one can stop you from cracking AIIMS entrance exam and living the magic of this dream institute.
Just the right books won’t suffice for AIIMS; an exam strategy is required! Find preparation tips for AIIMS 2018 here.
Read about some more of the top medical colleges in India in this article.