CA CPT Application Form 2018 can be very complex and tricky to those who have no idea about it. So, before heading right into the details and intricacies of CPT as an examination, it is important to know certain aspects. CPT is the first stepping stone to pursue CA, which is the profession of a Chartered Accountant.
Introducing CA and CPT (as an examination)
CA stands for Chartered Accountant. Therefore, a Chartered Accountant is a professional accountant who looks into everything financial. They are, however, known to have great in-depth knowledge of how the financial world works. CAs are incredibly qualified to do what they do, which is audit and advice individuals and firms on finance-related matters. A CA could provide his/her services independently or for the firm that they work for.
In order to be a Chartered Accountant in service, the first step in that direction is to successfully crack the CPT. CPT stands for Common Proficiency Test. This examination tests the students (are aspire to be a CA) knowledge of accountancy, mathematics, law, economics and general awareness. The CA CPT is held 2 times a year – during the month of June and during the month of December.
Registration Process for CA CPT 2018
Registering for the exam is necessary to fill the CA CPT application form 2018. You must note that often CA CPT ‘examination registration’ is confused with ICAI ‘CPT course registration’. Please be aware that they are 2 very different tasks and events. The CPT examination registration is what you should sign up for. Because by doing so, you as a candidate get the provision to log in and move onto the next step. This is the crucial step of filling in your application form.
Please note that candidates who have their login ID after registering in November 2016, they do not have to register again. These candidates can use earlier login credentials to log in and fill up their CA CPT application form 2018.
You can register for the CPT examination by following these steps:
- Click on the official link of the CA CPT exam.
- Login/Register tab and select ‘New User Register Here’ option.
- Candidates have to enter details like – student details, DOB, examination registration number (that was provided when they registered for CA CPT course), etc.
In case one doesn’t have the registration number or any of the registration details provided by the candidate doesn’t match with ICAI records, he/she can register as a provisional candidate. Such candidates can select the option ‘YES. Register me as Provisional Candidate’. And they will be able to continue their registration as a provisional candidate after being directed to another page.
- Quickly and carefully check the declaration box
- Lastly, click on the ‘Register’ button to successfully complete your registration in a matter of a few minutes.
CA CPT Application Form 2018
Finally, after successful registration, you can now fill in your CA CPT Application Form 2018 with ease.
How to fill the CA CPT Application Form 2018 / CA CPT Application Form Process
Aspirants of CA CPT December 2018 exam will be able to fill the CA CPT 2018 application form through their dashboards. It will be made available after their CA CPT exam registration. Only those candidates who registered for CA CPT course on or before June 30, 2017, will be eligible to appear for CA CPT exam in December.
Those candidates who are eligible can follow the below procedure to fill out their CA CPT Application Form 2018.
- Click on the link that is made available when ICAI opens the CA CPT 2018 December application process.
- Select the ‘Login/Register’ tab.
- Enter your login ID and password.
- Click on ‘Login’.
- Click on ‘Apply now’ and fill the application form including details of examination, exam centre, etc.
- Preview the application form of CA CPT 2018.
- Click on ‘Back to Form’ to make corrections (if any).
- If you are satisfied with the information, click on ‘I agree’ declaration box and click on ‘Final Submit’ to submit your CA CPT Application Form 2018.
- Make the payment of application fee to complete the CA CPT 2018 application filling process.
- After submitting the application, candidates will be directed to ‘Make Payment’ step. (The application fees for Indian exam centres only is INR. 1000/-. For exam centres in Kathmandu, the application fees are INR. 1700/-. For exam centres in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai and Muscat, the application fees are US$300.)
- After payment, candidates can download their PDF application by clicking ‘Download PDF’.
- Preview the filled in CA CPT application form and Click on ‘Submit’.
- Finally, download and print a copy of the duly filled application form for future reference.
Important Dates and Events about CA CPT Application Form 2018
|Important Events / Tasks||Dates|
|Online filling of CA CPT Application form||Oct 4th, 2018|
|Last date for filling application form of CA CPT 2018 (Without late fee)||Oct 25th, 2018|
|Last date for filling application form of CA CPT 2018 (With late fee)||Nov 1st, 2018|
|CA CPT 2018 application correction window (Free)||Second week of Nov|
|CA CPT 2018 application correction window (With fee)||Last week of Nov|
|Date of CA CPT exam||Dec 16th, 2018|
How to make Corrections on the CA CPT Application Form 2018?
The ICAI provides 2 sessions for application correction – without application fees and with application fees. Candidates can correct their application form without having to pay perhaps they make changes before the second week of November. After the second week of November, any modifications in the application form will demand correction fees.
Follow the below mentioned step-wise instruction to make corrections on the CA CPT Application Form:
- Click on the link available when the CA CPT application form correction windows are opened by ICAI.
- Select on the ‘Login/Register’ tab to log in to your account and enter your Login ID and Password.
- Verify the information provided in the application form. If there are no errors in the data, click on ‘No change required’, else click on ‘Changes Required’.
- Make changes (if required).
- Make payment of correction fee (if you have made the changes after the second week of November). However, if you happen to make the changes during the first week of November (before the second week), you do not have to make any payment for the alterations made.