CA foundation exam is very important exam for aspiring CA students. CA Foundation exam is an entry-level exam for students interested to pursue a career in Chartered Accountancy. CA Foundation Exam is conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) twice a year. It is a national level exam which consists of four papers. CA Foundation exam was previously called as CA – CPT exam.
Students need to clear three major stages to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The three stages are Foundation, Intermediate, and Final stage. Candidates who have either passed Class 12 or going to appear for Class 12 exam conducted by an examining body constituted by the law in India (or any examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto) are eligible for this exam. ICAI will conduct the upcoming CA Foundation exam in May 2019. All eligible candidates need to register with Board Of Studies (BOS) and apply for the Exam. This article will provide you with complete details regarding CA Foundation 2019.
CA Foundation 2019: Everything You Need To Know
CA Foundation exam is going to be conducted in May 2019 (tentative). ICAI will release the official notification and all the eligible candidates will be able to apply for the exam from February 2019.
Before getting into the details of CA Foundation 2019, let’s have an overview of the exam:
|Name Of The Exam||CA Foundation 2019|
|Conducting Body||Institute Of Chartered Accountant Of India (ICAI)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice a Year ( May and December)|
|Mode Of Exam||Offline|
|Mode Of Registration||Online|
|Number Of Papers||4|
|Basic Eligibility||Passed Class 12 or Appearing for Class 12 in Current Year|
|Exemptions||Graduates and Post Graduates or Candidates with Equivalent Qualification|
CA Foundation Exam Dates 2019
|Starting of Application Process||1st Week of February 2019|
|Last Date to Apply without Late Fee||last Week of February 2019|
|Last Date to Apply with Late Fee||1st Week of March 2019|
|Release of Admit card||2nd Week of April 2019|
|CA Foundation Exam||May 2019|
|CA Foundation Result||3rd Week of July 2019|
As the CA Foundation Notification for 2019 is yet to be released, let’s go through the tentative dates for CA Foundation 2019:
CA Foundation 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the CA Foundation 2019, candidates must go through the CA Foundation eligibility criteria and check if they are eligible to appear for the exam:
- Candidate must have passed or appeared in this year for Class 12 or any equivalent examination carried out by a recognized board.
- Candidates registered for the CA Foundation must have undergone a minimum of 4 months of the study period before appearing for the foundation exam.
List of examinations boards conducting Class 12 exams which are treated as equivalent to the senior secondary examination is as follows:
- Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh
- Assam Higher Secondary Education Council
- Bihar School Examination Board
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Chhatisgarh Board of Secondary Education
- Council for Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
- Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
- Board of School Education, Haryana
- H. P. Board of School Education
- J & K State Board of School Education
- Jharkhand Academic Council
- Government of Karnataka Department of Pre-University Education
- Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Education
- Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education
- Board of Secondary Education, Madhya Pradesh
- Council of Higher Secondary Education, Manipur
- Meghalaya Board of School Education
- Mizoram Board of School Education
- Nagaland Board of School Education
- Council of Higher Secondary Education, Orissa
- Punjab School Education Board
- Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan
- Tamil Nadu State Board of School Examinations
- Tripura Board of Secondary Education
- U. P. Board of High School and Intermediate Education
- Board of School Education, Uttarakhand
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
- Chhatisgarh State Open School
- M.P. State Open School
- National Institute of Open Schooling
- Rajasthan State Open School
- The West Bengal Council of Ravindra Open Schooling
- Banasthali Vidyapith
- Students who have completed two years of higher education including Diploma course after passing 10th class, conducted either by Central/ State Government(s) and on passing such a course have either been admitted to first year of graduation course or have passed the graduation course conducted by any University, including Open Universities, established by law in India shall be also eligible for admission to the Foundation Course.
- 10+2 Examination of any other recognized Board/University not covered above but recognized by Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as equivalent to Senior Secondary (10+2) Examination as recognized by Central Government.
- 5 (Five) passes at GCE ‘O’ level/GCSE/IGCSE in A/B/C Grades and two passes at GCE ‘Advanced’ level examination of the approved British Examining Bodies is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to +2 stage qualification of an Indian Body.
How To Apply For CA Foundation 2019
CA Foundation registration is expected to start from 1st week of February 2019. ICAI will release notification for the upcoming exam shortly and we will update you regarding the further updates from ICAI.
Candidates can apply for the exam in the online mode from the official website. Candidates have to successfully apply and make the payment before the last date to ensure further processing of the application form.
Once you have registered with ICAI it will be valid for the period of three years. Candidates can attempt for CA Foundation exam for a maximum of six times as the exam is conducted twice a year. however, If you need to extend the validity of your registration, you can do so by paying the applicable fees to ICAI.
CA Foundation 2019 Registration Fees
The CA Foundation registration fees are tabulated below:
|Details of Fee||For Indian Nationals (Rs)||For Foreign Students (USD)|
|Cost of Foundation Prospectus||200||20|
|Foundation Registration Fee||9000||700|
|Subscription for student’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||200||20|
|Subscription for member’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)||400||40|
CA Foundation 2019 Exam Pattern
CA Foundation exam consists of 4 papers. Paper 1 and Paper 2 consists of subjective type questions. Paper 3 and Paper 4 consists of objective type questions.
- Each paper carries 100 marks and the maximum duration is 3 hours.
- Paper 3 and paper 4 have the negative marking scheme and 1/4th of the marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Candidates must score a minimum of 40% marks in each paper and a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all the papers to pass the CA Foundation exam.
The papers of the exam are listed below:
- Paper 1: Principles And Practice Of Accounting (100 Marks)
- Paper 2: Business Laws And Business Correspondence
a) Business Laws (60 Marks)
b) Business Correspondence And Reporting (40 Marks)
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning And Statistics
a) Business Mathematics (40 Marks)
b) Logical Reasoning(20 Marks)
c) Statistics (40 Marks)
- Paper 4: Business Economics And Business & Commercial Knowledge
a) Business Economics (60 Marks)
b) Business and Commercial Knowledge (40 Marks)
CA Foundation 2019 Admit Card
CA Foundation Admit Card is expected to be released online on the official website by the 2nd week of April 2019. Admit card will be made available only after successful completion of the application and payment process before the last date.
Candidates need to download their Admit Card by logging in using their Registration Number and Password. The admit card consists of all the necessary details like candidates name, roll number, photo, signature, etc. If there is any discrepancy in your admit card, contact the official authorities immediately.
Candidates who are going to appear for the upcoming exam need to compulsorily carry the hard copy of their hall ticket along with valid ID proofs. Candidates without hall ticket will not be allowed to attempt the CA Foundation exam 2019.
CA Foundation 2019 Result
The result for CA Foundation 2019 will be released on the official website (icaiexam.icai.org) after the exam is conducted. All the registered users will be notified through mail and SMS when the results are announced.
Candidates can download their CA Foundation Result from the official website by logging in using your Registration Number and Password. Candidates will also be able to download their scorecard.
Now you know all about CA Foundation exam 2019. As there is less time now it is absolutely necessary to go through the syllabus thoroughly and put this little time to use as much as possible.