CBSE Class 10 Class 10 English question paper has 11 questions comprising a total of 80 marks. These questions are divided into three sections – A, B, and C. In this article, we will see in-depth CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis, Mark-wise, and Section-wise
CBSE Class 10 English Paper Analysis – Mark-wise Distribution
|A – Reading||20 marks|
|B – Writing and Grammar||30 marks|
|C – Literature||30 marks|
Section-wise Analysis of CBSE Class 10 English Paper:
- Section A contains two unseen passages. There are 8 objective type questions from the first passage while for the second passage four short answer questions and four objective type questions are asked.
- Section B includes 5 questions. Here the first question has a choice between the letter and article writing, the second question is of story writing, third includes gap filling with correct words, the fourth question is based on editing and the last question has a rearrangement of words to make correct sentences.
- Section C includes four questions based on the chapters of English textbooks – First Flight and Footprints without Feet. There are questions of different formats like objective type questions, short answer, and long answer type questions.
SECTION – A
- It contained two unseen Passages.
- There were 8 objective Type questions from the first passage while from the second passage 4 short answers question and 4 objective questions were asked.
SECTION – B
- It had 5 questions
- The first question here had a choice between letter writing and article writing which was of 8 marks
- The second question was of story writing of 10 marks
- Third question: Gap filling with correct words total 4 marks
- Fourth question: Error correction from given sentences total 4 marks
- Fifth question: Rearrangement of words to make correct sentences total 4 marks.
SECTION – C
- It includes four questions based on the chapters of English textbooks
- Questions of different formats like objective type questions, short answer, and long answer type questions.
Overall CBSE Class 10 English Paper 2020 Analysis:
- Paper was average/medium based on difficulty
- Some questions were repeated from past year papers
- As per our analysis, scoring range will be 55-65 Marks