CBSE Class 10 English 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis
The students of class 10 appeared for their English paper today, March 12, under the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). We bring you CBSE Class 10 English 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis.
The time allotted to read the question paper, which was distributed at 10:15 am, was 15 minutes. From 10:15 am to 10:30 am, students were given time to read the paper and go through it carefully.
CBSE Class 10 English (Communicative) paper consisted of three sections namely A, B & C which contained questions 11 questions totalling to 80 marks that had to be answered within 3 hours of duration. More detail about each section is given below:
- Section A – Reading (20 Marks)
- Section B – Writing and Grammar (30 Marks)
- Section C – Literature (30 Marks)
All sections were compulsory in this paper. There was no overall choice in the question paper; however, internal choices were present in some questions.
Marking Scheme for CBSE Class 10 English 2018
The English paper consisted of 11 questions, the break-up of the sub-questions is given below:
- One marker – 16 in Reading Comprehension, 12 in Grammar, and 4 in Literature
- Two marker – 4 in Reading Comprehension, 4 in Literature
- Five marker – 2 in Literature
- Eight marker – 1 in Writing Section (Letter Writing) & 1 in Literature
- Ten marker – 1 in Writing Section (Story Writing)
- Most of the students felt that all the questions in the paper were easy to understand and very straightforward.
- The format of the paper remained the same. The questions in the grammar and the literature section were similar to that of last year’s.
- The most time-consuming section was the writing section especially Story Writing. However, they were able to complete their paper well in time.
- Every question that came was from the syllabus and there was nothing in the paper, which one could not understand or attempt.
- One can easily score 55 – 65 marks.