CBSE Class 10 Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
The students of Class 10 appeared for their Science paper today, March 16, under the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). We bring you CBSE Class 10 Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review.
There were 2 sections A and B.
- Question no. 1 and 2 were of 1 marks each.
- Question no 3 to 5 were of 2 marks each.
- Question no 6 to 15 were of 3 marks each.
- Question no 16 to 21 were of 5 marks each.
Total Marks: 68
- In this section, there were total six questions each carrying 2 marks.
- All these questions were based on practical skills.
Total Marks : 12
Marking Scheme & Chapter Distribution (Weightage) for CBSE Class 10 Science 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of marks (2017)||Weightage in terms of marks (2018)|
|Light Reflection and Refraction||21||10|
|Human Eye and Colourful World||6||5|
|Magnetic Effects of Electric Current||0||5|
|Sources of Energy||1||1|
|Chemical Reactions and Equations||–||3+2* = 5|
|Acids, Bases and Salts||1*||3|
|Metals and Non-metals||1*||5+2* = 7|
|Carbon and its compounds||1+3+3+5+1*+2* = 15||2+3 = 5|
|Periodic Classification of Elements||3+3=6||5|
|Control and Coordination||0||3|
|How do Organisms Reproduce?||17||10|
|Heredity and Evolution||13||1|
|Management of Natural Resources||7||3|
Comparison with Last Year’s Paper
- Last year around 80-85 % questions were from Light and Human Eye but this year questions were more or less equally selected from all chapters.
- Marks’ weightage wasn’t similar as compared to that of last year
- The difficulty level of the paper was easy compared to last year.
- Weightage of paper increased from 25% to 31% this year.
- Weightage of marks showed equal distribution among the chapters. Last year, 65% questions came from the chapter ‘ Carbon and its Compounds’.
- Maximum questions were from the chapter- ‘How do Organisms Reproduce?’. There were 3 questions from the chapter for 10 marks.
- The number of questions from ‘Heredity and Evolution’ was lesser than expected.
Overview of CBSE Class 10 Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
- Questions from ‘Practical’ section were relatively difficult as compared to that from the theoretical section.
- Overall 65+ marks were easily scorable.
- Paper was lengthy as compared from last year’s question paper.
- Less questions were asked from previous year’s question paper.
What students thought
- Question paper was a little bit lengthy.
- The paper pattern was quite different from the previous year.