CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
The students of Class 10 appeared for their Social Science paper today, March 22, under the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). We bring you CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review.
Paper includes questions from History, Geography, Civics & Economics along with map work.
Question no. 1 to 7 were of 1 marks each.
Question no 8 to 18 were of 3 marks each.
Question no 19 to 25 were of 5 marks each.
Question no 26 (A) – History Map – 2 marks
Question No (B)- Geography Map – 3 marks
Total Marks :80
Marking Scheme & Chapter Distribution (Weightage) for CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of marks (2017)||Weightage in terms of marks (2018)|
|Resources and Development||6||3|
|Forest and Wildlife Resources||6||–|
|Mineral and Energy Resources||6||–|
|Life Line of National Economy||4||3|
|Map Work – Geography||4||3|
|Democracy and Diversity||6||5|
|Gender Religion and Caste||6||–|
|Popular Struggles and Movement||6||–|
|Outcomes of Democracy||4||1|
|Challenges of Democracy||4||–|
|The Rise of Nationalism in Europe||4||6|
|The Nationalist Movement in Indo-China||4||3|
|Nationalism in India||6||5|
|The Making of a Global World||4||3|
|The Age of Industrialisation||4||3|
|Work Life and Leisure||4||3|
|Print Culture and the Modern World||4||4|
|Novels, Society and History||4||1|
|Map work – History||2||2|
|Sectors of Indian Economy||4||–|
|Money and Credit||4||4|
|Globalisation and the Indian Economy||4||5|
Comparison with Last Year’s Paper
- Last year comparison: It was easy just like last year
- Marks’ weightage wasn’t similar as compared to that of last year
- Map work – History – Indian National Congress Session and Satyagraha
- Map Work – Geography – Lifeline of economy and Manufacturing industries
Overview of CBSE Class 10 Social Science 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
- Overall most of the students attempt more than 90 percent paper
- According to our analysis, 70 plus out of 80 is easily scorable
- Overall, the level of the paper was easy, History map was little difficult for students.
What students thought
- Student’s felt more questions were from Geography and History this time
- Paper was easy but had to analyze questions which made the paper lengthy
- 2-3 Questions came from previous years