The CBSE syllabus is renowned globally for its format and the flexible pattern, which is also the reason for its stronghold in the field of primary education. You must keep yourself abreast of the latest changes in the syllabus to be able to do well in the examinations. Students appearing for the CBSE Board Examination must have a firm grip on the CBSE class 10 syllabus to get a good score. Here, we focus on the CBSE Class 10 syllabus and the course structure for all important subjects. So, read carefully.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Marking Scheme – Science
|Unit||Title||Term I Marks||Term II Marks|
|I||Chemical Substances – Nature & Behaviour||33||23|
|II||World of Living||21||30|
|IV||Effects of Current||29||–|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Marking Scheme – Maths
|Unit||Title||Term I Marks||Term II Marks|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Marking Scheme – Social Science
|Unit||Title||Term I Marks||Term II Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World – II||23||23|
|II||Contemporary India – II||23||23|
|III||Democratic Politics – II||22||22|
|IV||Understanding Economic Development||22||22|
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus and Marking Scheme – English
|B||Writing Skills with Grammar||25|
|C||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||25|
|D||Assessment of Speaking and Listening (ASL)||20|
Grammar syllabus –
- Modals (have to/had to, must, should, need, ought to and their negative forms)
- Use of passive voice
- Subject – verb concord
- Reporting (i) Commands and requests (ii) Statements (iii) Questions
- Clauses: (i) Noun clauses (ii) Adverb clauses of condition and time (iii) Relative clauses
Literature Textbook And Long Reading Text –
- Prose/Poetry/Drama – Prescribed Book
- First Flight
- Footprints Without Feet
- Diary of a Young Girl – 1947 By Anne Frank (unabridged text)
- The Story of My Life – 1903 By Helen Keller (unabridged text)
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus – Hindi
|क्षितिज (काव्य खंड)] भाग -1||स्पर्श (पघ खंड)] भाग -2|
|1. सूरदास||1. कबीर|
|2. तुलसीदास||2. मोरा|
|3. दव||3. बिहारो|
|4. जयशंकर प्रसाद||4. मथिलोशरण गुप्ता|
|5. सूर्यकांत त्रिपाठी निराला||5. समित्रानंदन पन्त|
|6. नागजन||6. महादेवो वर्मा|
|7. गिरिराजकुमार माथर||7. वीरेन डंगवाल|
|8. ऋतराज||8. कैफ़ी आज़मी|
|9. मगलश डबराल||9. रविन्द्र्नाथ ठाकुर|
|क्षितिज (गघ खंड)||स्पर्श (गघ खंड)|
|10. स्वय प्रकाश||1. प्रेम चन्द|
|11. रामवक्ष बनोपरो||2. सीताराम सेकसरिया|
|12. यशपाल||3. लीलाधर मंडलोई|
|13. सवश्वर दयाल सक्सना||4. प्रह्लाद अग्रलवाल|
|14. मनन भडारो||5. अंतोन चेखव|
|15. महावरपसाद द्रिवेदी||6. निदा फ़ाज़ली|
|16. यतोद मिश्र||7. रवीन्द केकेकर|
|17. भंदत आनद कसल्यायन||8. हबीब तनवीर|
|कृतिका भाग -2||संचयन भाग -2|
|1. माता का आँचल||1. हरिहर काका|
|2. जॉर्ज पंचम की नाक||2. सपनो के – से दिन|
|3. साना साना हाथ जोड़ि….||3. टोपी शुक्ला|
|4. एही ठैया झुलनी हेरानी हो राम !|
|5. मैं क्यों लिखता हूँ?|
Important Books For CBSE Class 10
|ENGLISH||· Interact in English Workbook – A Text Book for English Communicative
· Interaction in English – Literature Reader, A Textbook for English Course
|MATHEMATICS||· Mathematics (Class 10) 7th Edition (Paperback) by R. D. Sharma
· Secondary School Mathematics For Class – 10 (Paperback) by R. S. Aggarwal, V. Aggarwal
· NCERT: Mathematics Textbook For Class – X (Paperback) by Ncert
· Mathematics for Class X(Term – I) (With CCE Papers) 01 Edition (Paperback) by Dass H K
|SCIENCE||· Science for Tenth Class: Physics (Part 1) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Singh Lakhmir
· Oswaal CBSE CCE Question Bank with Complete Solutions Science Term 1 (Class 10) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Panel of Experts
· Chemistry Science For Class – X (Part -2) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Manjit Kaur, Lakhmir Singh
· Biology: Science For Class – 10 (Part – 3) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Singh Lakhmir Kaur Manjit
· All in One Science CBSE Class 10th Term – 1 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Rajesh,
· Foundation Science Physics for Class 10 PB by Verma H C
· NCERT: Science Textbook For Class – X (Paperback) by Ncert
|SOCIAL SCIENCE||· Full Marks Social Science Class 10 (Set of 2 Books Term 1 & Term 2) (Paperback) by Full Marks
· CBSE CCE Social Science: Question Bank with Complete Solutions Term – 2 (Class – 10) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Panel Of Experts
· All in One Social Science CBSE Term 1 (Class 10) 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Kaibalya Kishore Kar, Madhumita Pattrea
CBSE Class 10 Important Dates 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has announced the final CBSE 10th Exam timetable 2018. They have planned the CBSE 10th exam timetable 2018 efficiently by keeping in mind the exact requirements of the students. According to the board, the exam date has been announced early so that students can make up their schedule planned and study according to it.
Please keep in mind that from 2017, the Board will now follow an interdisciplinary approach to inculcate values in school children. Therefore, it will introduce value-based questions in all major subjects from Class 9 to Class 12. The questions will purely be content-based and will be marked depending on the values they reflect.
We’ve also compiled a subject-wise marking scheme for your easy understanding.
CBSE Class 10 Date Sheet 2018
Even though the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) had initially confirmed that it would conduct class 10 exams in March, the datesheet is still not released. But as per recent reports, it is expected to be released soon as the practicals are scheduled to commence from January 16. It is suggested that you keep a strict watch on the official website.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is going to publish class 10 date sheet in the first week of January 2018. It is planning to release the date sheet after the election dates are declared for four states: Meghalaya, Tripura, Nagaland and Karnataka. You can go ahead and check your exam dates on the official website, cbse.nic.in
Steps to check:
- Logon to the official website
- Click on the available link, ‘CBSE Date Sheet Class 10, Class 12’
- Once you click on the same, the date sheet will show up on the screen
- Take a printout for future reference
The CBSE board also has plans to wrap up the exams within a month to be able to give more time to teachers for evaluating answer sheets. Currently, the exams start from March and end by the third week of April.
As per latest updates, the Board has asked all schools to ensure that all teachers who teach classes 9 to 12, for all subjects, need to register themselves on the examination portal and fill the teachers’ database.
Every year, as we know, the board organises the exam in the month of March and April and the results are out by the month of May and June.
A proposal has been sent by the Board to introduce more time for evaluation, hit to the headlines, and create more curiosity about the exam dates. However, this year in 2018, there are many speculations that the Board may start the exam by the last week of February because of the Holi festival. If you are going to give the exam, then don’t rush into a conclusion and wait for the official announcements instead. CBSE board will notify all the candidates about the board exam date 2018 on its official website cbse.nic.in.
Exam Preparation Tips
- In today’s times, board exams are not anymore about ‘mugging’ or ‘cramming’ anymore. These days, open book assessments encourage students to build up analytical and problem-solving skills in Class IX and XI aim. Let’s take a look at a few tips to score well in Class 10 CBSE board exams, without compromising on the quality of education you get.
- Find a positive study corner: It’s crucial to find a good study environment as it goes a long way in improving your focus. If you don’t find a separate room to study, settle with a quiet corner for yourself in your house.
- Please do not ignore health & fitness: A healthy mind is only possible when you have a healthy body, so pay attention to your fitness. Completely avoid junk food and sugar and drink a lot of water and fluids. Indulge in some outdoor sports and do physical exercises regularly.
- Keep fun as a reward: Don’t think that watching TV, playing computer games or talking to friends is always a distraction for school-going students. The fun part is that you can keep aside some time in a day to do these things as a ‘reward’ to yourself whenever you stick to your timetable successfully.
Other Important information
About the Board:
The Central Board of Secondary Education (abbreviated as CBSE) is a Board of Education that is specially designed for public and private schools, under the Union Government of India. It was set up on November 3, 1962.
As per the official website, the main focus of the board is on:
- Ensuring innovations in teaching and learning methodologies by tactfully creating student friendly paradigms
- Introducing reforms and evaluation practices in examinations
- Adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs for skill learning
- Updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators regularly by organizing service training programmes, workshops etc.
So that’s all for today, we hope the information mentioned above is useful for your Class 10 board exam preparations. We strongly recommend that you practice the CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10.
You can also prepare for class 10th courses by joining us and availing our free course material.