CBSE Class 12 Accountancy 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis
The students of Class 12 appeared for their Accountancy paper today, March 15, from 10:30 AM to 1:30 PM under the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). We bring you CBSE Class 12 Accountancy 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis.
CBSE Class 12 Accountancy paper consisted of two parts. Part A is compulsory for all. Part B has two options – Financial Statements & Computerised Accounting. The student has to attempt only one option of part B.
- There were 6 questions each carrying 1 mark.
- There were 4 questions each carrying 3 marks.
- There were 2 questions each carrying 4 marks.
- There were 3 questions each carrying 6 marks.
- There were 2 questions each carrying 8 marks.
Part B – Financial Statements or Computerized Accounting
- There were 2 questions each carrying 1 mark.
- There were 3 questions each carrying 4 marks.
- There was 1 question carrying 6 marks.
Marking Scheme & Chapter Distribution (Weightage) for CBSE Class 12 Accountancy 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of marks (2017)||Weightage in terms of marks (2018)|
|Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organisation||–||–|
|Accounting for Partnership: Basic Concepts||2||1|
|Reconstitution of a Partnership Firm- Admission of a Partner||14||11|
|Reconstitution of a Partnership Firm – Retirement/Death of Partner||13||14|
|Dissolution of Partnership Firm||6||9|
|Accounting for Share Capital||15||12|
|Issue & Redemption of a Debentures||10||10|
|Financial Statements of a Company||–||3|
|Analysis of Financial Statements||8||8|
|Cash Flow Statements||8||8|
Comparison with Last Year’s Paper
- This year also we do not have the questions from chapter Accounting for Not-for-Profit Organisation but this year we do have a question from chapter Financial Statements of a Company for 3 mark.
- Marks weightage was similar as compared to that of last year IV.
Overview of CBSE Class 12 Accountancy 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis
- Overall most of the students’ attempt was between 65-70 mark
- According to our analysis, 65 out of 80 is easily scorable
- Overall, the level of the paper was medium
For more such articles on Class 12 follow us here.