CBSE Class 12 Maths 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
The students of Class 12 appeared for their Maths paper today, March 21, under the ongoing Central Board of Secondary Examination (CBSE). We bring you CBSE Class 12 Maths 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review.
CBSE Class 12 Mathematics paper consisted of four parts. There was no overall choice of questions available throughout the paper, however, internal choices have been provided in 3 questions of four marks each and 3 questions of six marks each.
There were 4 questions each carrying 1 mark
There were 8 questions each carrying 2 marks.
There were 11 questions each carrying 4 marks
There were 6 questions each carrying 6 marks
Marking Scheme & Chapter Distribution (Weightage) for CBSE Class 12 Maths 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of marks (2017)||Weightage in terms of marks (2018)|
|Relations and Functions||6||1+6=7|
|Inverse Trigonometric Functions||4||1+2=3|
|Continuity and Differentiability||10||2+2+4=10|
|Application of Derivatives||12||2+2+4=10|
|Application of Integrals||6||6|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||9||4+6=10|
Overview of CBSE Class 12 Maths 2018 – Paper Analysis & Review
- Questions on Three Dimensional Geometry and Differential Equations were comparatively easy than last year
- Marks’ weightage was similar as compared to that of last year.
- The maximum number of questions were from Vector Algebra, Determinants and Probability.
- According to our analysis, 70-80 marks out of 100 marks are easily scorable.
- Overall, the level of the paper was Easy.
- Most Questions were similar to NCERT level.