CBSE Class 12th Physics 2018 Board exam was held today (i.e., March 7, 2018) from 10:30AM to 1:30 PM. We bring you CBSE Physics 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis.
CBSE Class 12 Physics paper consisted of five sections namely A, B, C, D and E which contained questions totaling to 70 marks that had to be answered within 3 hours of duration.
More detail about each section is given below:
There were 5 questions each carrying 1 marks.
Total Marks : 5
There were 5 questions each carrying 2 marks.
Total Marks : 10
There were 12 questions each carrying 3 marks.
Total Marks : 36
There was 1 question carrying 4 marks.
Total Marks : 4
There were 5 questions each carrying 3 marks.
Total Marks : 15
Marking Scheme & Chapter Distribution (Weightage) for CBSE Class 12 Physics – 2018
|Chapter Name||Weightage in terms of Marks
|Weightage in terms of Marks
|Electric Charges and Fields||3||8|
|Electrostatic Potential and
|Moving Charges and
|Magnetism and Matter||0||5|
|Ray Optics and Optical
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||4||3|
Comparison with Last Year’s Paper
- Questions on Optics were difficult.
- Marks weightage were similar as compared to last year paper.
- Overall paper was Moderate.
- Overall most of the students attempt was between 45-55 Marks.
- According to our analysis 55+ out of 70 Marks were easily scorable.
What students thought?
- Derivations were less as compared to last year paper
- Paper was more logical having reasoning questions and conceptual understanding was necessary to answer this
- Section C was lengthy and difficult
- 4-5 Questions were similar from last year’s question paper.
That was all for CBSE Physics 2018 – Paper Review & Analysis. Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.