In this article, you shall get acquainted with all you need to know about the position of a Bank Clerk, and Bank Clerk Exam 2018.
About the post of a bank clerk
The position of a bank clerk is a clerical role for any government of private bank. The bank clerk plays an important role in terms of customer services, providing services to both the new as well as the existing customers. National economics has predicted the year 2018 to be very fruitful for any banking sector related jobs. The banks will forever have their massive customer database and services to be handled for which eligible candidates are needed for the position of a bank clerk. Once the bank clerk is selected, the eligible candidates are then trained in specialized areas like an accountant, cashier, teller etc. The role of a bank clerk, in brief, is to manage and guide customer services in accordance with the work requirement of their respective banks. However, each candidate needs to qualify the bank clerk exam in order to prove their worth for the role.
Responsibilities of a bank clerk
In lay man’s language, the job of a bank clerk is a confirmed entry into the banking sector. It is an entry-level job role in any private or public sector banks in a country. However, the post comes with severe responsibilities which each aspirant should be aware of:
- A bank clerk ensures the compliance of KYC guidelines by RBI to prevent the data breach.
- A bank clerk manages and takes care of the customer’s data and services.
- A clerk handles customer’s requirement during the passing of cheque, customer data update and withdrawing slips in a bank.
- He/she Maintains customers accounts and updates whenever it’s required.
- They provide notification about the schemes issued by the banks to their customers.
- They help in directing customers to the bank related facilities like opening account, Passbook updates, applying for a loan, integrating account through net banking, credit card/debit card issue
Source: Grade Up
What is the need for recruiting a bank clerk?
Any bank is the backbone of a nation’s economy. The entire banking scenario further, has a lot to do with customer engagement and communication. Thus, in this light, every year, almost every bank (be it private or public); recruit a number of bank clerks with strong communication skills, for an engagement with the organization and customers. The bank clerk’s job in an aspirant’s life is the first rung of his ladder of becoming a banker.
A bank clerk’s domain of work may include:
- Interest clerk
- Book Keeping Clerk
- Exchange clerks
- Statement clerk
- Loan clerk
- Security clerk
More about Bank Clerk Exam
The notification of bank clerk exam for 2018 has been given out by SBI and IBPS clerk. Below are the updates on the same.
1) Bank Clerk exam dates:
|Sr. No.||Bank Post Name||Exam Date|
|Preliminary Exam||Main Exam|
|1||SBI Clerk||June/July 2018 (Tentative)||05-Aug-2018|
|2||IBPS Clerk||8th Dec 2018, 9th Dec 2018, 15th Dec 2018 & 16th Dec 2018||20th January 2019|
Source: Grade Up
2) What can be a Bank clerk’s salary expectation?
The generic pay of bank clerk is around twelve thousand rupees and a gross salary of around twenty thousand rupees. The salary of bank clerks in both private and government banks are almost the same however their allowances may vary from organization to organization. For instance, the banks which recruit through IBPS can have a different allowance structure compared to the SBI or the other public banks of the nation. The salary can also vary depending upon the location of the bank; whether or not the bank is located in the metropolitan, sub-urban or in a village. The allowance of the bank clerks, however, has undergone a revision, for the better, after the 7th pay commission came into existence. Find the detailed salary scale in the chart below:
|Salary Distribution||Population Above 4.5 Million (Urban Area)||Population Below 4.5 Million (Rural Area)|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 11765/-||Rs. 11765/-|
|Special Allowance||Rs. 911.79/-||Rs. 911.79/-|
|DA||Rs. 5311.58/-||Rs. 5311.58/-|
|CCA||Rs. 0/-||Rs. 0/-|
|Transport Allowance||Rs. 425/-||Rs. 425/-|
|Total (without HRA)||Rs. 18413.37/-||Rs. 18413.37/-|
|HRA||Rs. 1176.5/-||Rs. 1058.85/-|
|Gross with HRA||Rs. 19589.87/-||Rs. 19472.22/-|
- DA- Dearness Allowances
- TA- Transport Allowances
- CCA- City Compensatory Allowances
- HRA- House Rent Allowance
Eligibility Criteria for Bank Clerk Exam
The bank clerk exam eligibility criteria below are to help you provide guidance on the fact, whether or not you are eligible for the post of a bank clerk or not. Here is the following list:
- Age Limit for Bank Clerk – The age must be minimum 20 Years and maximum 28 years old to apply this post.
- Age Relaxation – There are 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years age relaxation for OBC category. For Ex-Servicemen and Disabled Ex-Servicemen, the Actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years, (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to max. age of 50 years.
- Education Qualification Eligibility – The candidate should have graduation from government recognized university. Only the valid mark sheet will be considered. They should be proficient in the official language of the State. Moreover, a candidate should be able to operate the computer and basic operation on it.
- Nationality/ Citizenship – Citizenship of India required or A subject of Nepal / Bhutan or the Tibetan Refugee who shifted to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India.
How to prepare for the bank clerk exam?
Bank clerk exam needs optimum preparation. The aspirant candidate must ensure that they are aware of the latest pattern and syllabus of the exam. The syllabus of any kind of bank sector examinations can be a little tricky because it generally tends to cover contemporary issues, general knowledge and most importantly, new tricks to answer an array of questions. The students can take the aid of different kind of guidebooks, or test-series books for their assistance in preparing for the exams.
We hope this article provides the necessary help in your preparation of Bank clerk exam. Toppr Bytes wishes you All the best!