Christian Medical College, commonly known as CMC Vellore, established in the year of 1900, is a top private educational and research institute in India and one of the most coveted colleges for MBBS and BDS aspirants.
It has numerous firsts to its name viz.
- Establishing India’s first college of nursing in 1946,
- Performing the first reconstructive surgery on leprosy patients in the world in 1948,
- Establishing the first Neurological Sciences Department in South Asia also in 1948,
- Performing the First Successful Open Heart surgery in India in 1961,
- Performing the first Middle-ear Microsurgery in India also in 1961,
- Establishing the first Rehabilitation Institute in India in 1966,
- Performing the first Kidney Transplant in India in 1971,
- Performing India’s first Bone marrow Transplant in 1986,
- Performing the first carotid bifurcation stenting procedure in India in 1996,
- Performing the first trans-septal carotid stenting procedure in the world also in 1996,
- Performing the first trans-jugular mitral valvuloplasty procedure in the world in 1996
- Performing the first Successful ABO Incompatible Renal Transplant in India in 2009.
It is a dream for many students to get admission in this institute! Find out all you need to know about this college in the present article.
CMC Vellore has been consistently ranked among the top medical colleges in India. India Today ranked CMC the #1 Private Medical (second after government hospital AIIMS) in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Outlook India also ranked CMC top private medical school in 2016.
Till the year 2016, CMC Vellore organized a series of entrance tests for admissions in different courses. But, from the year 2016, the admission to MBBS course is being done on the basis of NEET Score followed by an aptitude test set by CMC. NEET 2017 will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) in a pen and paper based mode on the first week of May, 2017, tentatively.
Candidates can check all the information about NEET 2017 here.
Undergraduate Degree Courses (Group A):
- B.Sc Nursing
- Allied Health Sciences Degree
Diploma, M.Sc, MPH & Fellowship Courses (Group B):
- Allied Health Science Diplomas
- Post Graduate Diplomas
- MPH (Master of Public Health)
- Fellowships courses
CMC Vellore 2017 UG Exam Dates followed by NEET
The tentative dates are given below:
|Online application starts||Third week of February, 2017|
|Online application end||Fourth week of March, 2017|
|Last date to submit supportive documents (if applicable)||First week of April, 2017|
|Admit card release||15 days before the exam|
|Exam date||Third week of May, 2017|
|Result announcement||June to July, 2017|
CMC Vellore 2017 Application Form
CMC Vellore UG Application Form 2017 will be available only online through the official website of the authority. The application form will be released from the Third week of February, 2017. Last date to submit the online application will be the Fourth week of March, 2017.
The application form will be submitted through online mode. If the candidate is paying through DD or Challan then the original demand draft or challan needed to be sent to the registrar’s office before the due date at the address mentioned below:
Christian Medical College,
Vellore, INDIA, 632002
The fee payment can be made through debit/ credit card or through DD at any scheduled bank or via challan of ICICI Bank. The administrative fee of Rs. 800/- is addition to the application fee for per course applied. The application fee is mentioned below:
- Group A: MBBS, BSc (Nursing) & AHS Degree Courses Rs. 500/- per program
- Group B: Diploma in Nursing and other Allied Health Science diplomas: Rs. 100/- per program
- MSc courses and Fellowship in Analytical Clinical Pharmacology: Rs. 500/- per program
CMC Vellore 2017 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria will be different for all courses offered by this college. The eligibility criteria of MBBS course is mentioned below:
- Candidates must have a valid NEET score.
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subjects.
- Candidates should score minimum 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (for general candidates) and 40% marks (for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates must have been born on or before 31 Dec 1999.
- Improvement marks in 12th will not be considered.
CMC Vellore 2017 Exam Pattern
From the year 2016 onward, CMC Vellore is organizing an aptitude assessment test to provide the admission to MBBS program on the basis of NEET score. The syllabus of the test is from General Ability and Speed & Accuracy. The pattern of said exam is given below:
- The examination will be online based and the question paper will be available in English language.
- There will be MCQ type questions in the examination. The duration of the examination will be 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- The examination is divided into 2 parts for degree courses- 1st part will have 60 questions from PCB subjects and 2nd part will have 120 questions from general ability.
- For diploma courses the 1st part of question paper will have 25 questions from PCB subjects and 15 from general ability.
The syllabus for CMC Vellore 2017 for both degree and diploma courses consists of different topics such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Ability. On the other hand, the syllabus for other courses (non-science background) will cover topics such as English, General Ability, Basic Science, GK and Current Affairs.
CMC Vellore 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the CMC Vellore 2017 Admit Card through the official website of CMC. The admit card will be available on the website 15 days before the examination. The admit card will contain exam related information such as exam venue, exam date and timing, candidates name & roll number and other exam related instructions.
CMC Vellore 2017 Result
The CMC Vellore 2017 Result will be published through the official site of the authority. The result will also be posted on notice boards in the college and main hospital campuses. Candidates who have short listed for step 2 will be intimated through letter sent by email/post. The result will be announced in the month of June or July, 2017
CMC Vellore Admission Process
A merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in step 1 (Assessment Test) and step 2 (Special Test & Interview). The step one is computer based test and the step two is Special tests and Interviews. After completing step one, shortlisted candidates will be called for step 2. At the time of registering for step 2, candidates will be required to bring their original documents for verification process. After completing all the steps candidates will get admission on the basis of merit list. Candidates selected for admission are required to report to the specified venue and time for admissions.
For latest updates on CMC Vellore 2017 keep following us here!