Aerospace Engineering is a field of engineering that involves the study of and research in designing, construction and operation of spacecrafts and aeroplanes. The field has many takers, as numerous students want to take up flying and aerospace engineering as their profession. Many institutes in the country cater to the growing inclination towards this branch of science and technology. If you are an engineer at heart and the sky is the limit for you, then you can look forward for admissions to the 10 best colleges for Aerospace Engineering in India.
Colleges For Aerospace Engineering:
- Indian Institute of technology, Bombay – The institute has country’s most celebrated Aeronautical Engineering Department. Instituted in 1966, the department was originally called Aeronautical Engineering, which was later replaced by its current name in 1992. The branch offers undergraduate and graduate courses in aerospace engineering. In addition to this, it is engaged in specialised research programs in aerospace and aeronautical sciences.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur – Upon intervention by Government of India, a special department dedicated to B.Tech course in Aerospace Engineering was established in 1965. The aim of this department is to train students in the field of aeronautics. The department boasts of excellent laboratories for learning aerodynamics, spacecraft structures and propulsion. ARDB funded Centre of Excellence for Composite Structures Technology was founded in 1999 and many sponsored research programs run in the college.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras – The department founded in 1969 has been leading the research and development of aeronautical sciences in India. The institute is actively involved in nurturing budding talent in the field of aerospace engineering. Their graduate and doctoral programs have contributed greatly to the country.
- Madras Institute of Technology – The college awards postgraduate and doctoral degrees in aeronautical engineering and is competent in performing research in non-destructive testing. Its superior technical training programs and workshops have produced many prominent engineers.
- Hindustan Institute of Engineering Technology, Chennai – This AICTE and Government of Tamil Nadu approved institute was established in 1966, and has since equipped students with skills in aerospace sciences through exceptional teaching techniques. The comprehensive course focuses on personality development, so the students lead a quality professional life.
- Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Sciences, Coimbatore – The college has been imparting brilliant training in aviation sciences ever since 1968. The Government of India has acknowledged the college to conduct training sessions in various technical courses. The emphasis is laid on achieving excellent educational standards through creative teaching methodologies. The institute strives to provide immensely talented aerospace engineers to society.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur – The forty year old department of aerospace engineering has a curriculum including spacecraft related subjects. The branch was known as the Aeronautical Engineering Department till 1991, after which it was given its present name. The atmosphere is conducive for enriching young minds in technical aerospace engineering craft.
- IIST, Thiruvanantapuram– The institute is home to Asia’s pioneering Space Institute that offers a spectrum of graduate, post graduate and advanced courses in space technology. The specialization of the department lies in preparing the students in space sciences.
- School of Aviation Science and Technology, Delhi – Better known as Delhi Flying Club, the institute was founded in 1928 and has since produced many prominent engineers and pilots. The former Prime Minister of India, Late Sh. Rajiv Gandhi was an alumnus of the club. It also has engine and instrument workshops to carry out maintenance of aircraft engines.
- Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh – The institute was established to impart quality education to aspiring aerospace engineers. Armed with world class facilities and labs, the institute has managed to emerge as a prestigious engineering institute of the country
Read more about the top engineering colleges in Maharashtra.