The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (aka COMEDK) will publish the final COMEDK answer key on 26th May, 2017. Candidates can check for official notification of provisional answer key here. The final COMEDK Answer Key is produced after considering the feedback on provisional COMEDK answer key which will be released on 18th May, 2017. Let’s talk about the COMEDK Answer Key & how to challenge it!
COMEDK Answer Key
COMEDK 2017 was held on 14th May, 2017 across various examination centres in Karnataka. After the exam is concluded, COMEDK released the code-wise provisional answer key on 18th May, 2017. Candidates will be given a window of 8 days to challenge the COMEDK answer key. Post-confirmation, the final answer key will released.
How to check COMEDK Answer Key?
Candidates will be required to enter their user id & password to download/view the answer key. Let’s talk a bit about how to view COMEDK Answer Key! The candidates can view answer key to their respective code/set of COMEDK UGET by following the procedure listed below
- Visit the official COMEDK login page or the Unigauge Entrance examination page.
- If you’ve logged into the Unigauge page, click on the orange tab, under the heading ‘COMEDK UGET’, which says ‘COMEDK UGET Answer Key’
- Provide your user id & password
- Click the submit button. Your answer key will be displayed.
- It is advised that you be very careful while tallying the answer key. You should do it for your respective set only.
- After the provisional answer key is displayed, candidates will have 8 days to challenge the provisional answer key
The official COMEDK Answer Key will soon be updated here. Let’s talk about how to challenge the provisional COMEDK Answer Key.
How to challenge COMEDK Answer Key
- The provisional answer key of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be released on 18th May, 2017
- Candidates can challenge any number of answer(s) in the provisional COMEDK answer key by filling the challenge form.
- Candidates can fill the challenge form by logging into their accounts on the official login page.
- The challenge costs Rs. 500 for each question.
- This money will be refunded only if the challenge is valid, otherwise it will be forfeited.
- The Final Answer Key of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be published on May 26, 2017 & no further clarifications will be entertained
COMEDK Paper Analysis
COMEDK 2017 Marking Scheme:
Each correct response will yield 1 mark. It should be noted that there aren’t any negative marks for an incorrect response.
The exam was of moderate difficulty according to most of the students. Physics was the easiest section between all the 4 sections. Mathematics’ section was the most difficult. Chemistry was not very difficult, not very easy for the students. English section, conducted first time this year, was comparatively easy too. Candidates said the grammar section mainly tested their fundamental understanding of the subject. There were a few changes in the questions which were made during the exam which was a distraction for the candidates.
Final Merit List
The final merit is generated based on the scores in the entrance test and the same will be published on 26th May 2017 under applicants login ID. Resolution of ties, if any, will be done using the following method
For Engineering candidates
Following is the order followed for tie resolution in COMEDK UGET:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in (1) Physics, (2) Mathematics and (3) Chemistry
- Aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Marks in Mathematics in the Entrance Test
- Age of the Candidate – the elder candidate is ranked higher than the younger candidate.
The final results of COMEDK will be declared on the day of the official answer key release i.e. 26th May. These will be based on the official COMEDK Answer Key & the marks scored. Test score cards will be made available to the candidates from 29th May, 2017 & counselling procedure will commence from the last week of June, 2017.
The calls for counselling will purely be based on test performance by the candidates. Candidates will be required to carry all the verification documents in original as well as photocopy. If a fee payment has been made prior to counselling, the demand draft should be carried along as well. COMEDK counselling will be in single window or centralised format. Candidates must visit again once more details are obtained on COMEDK 2017 counselling. Here’s an indicative list of the required documents
- COMEDK Test Score Card
- Valid Photo ID proof
- Valid Parents’ Photo ID proof
- COMEDK 2017 Admit Card
- Pass certificates for 10th & 12th Standard
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Caste certificates for reserved candidates
Following documents will serve as a valid photo id proof:
- Voter ID
- Bank Pass book with photograph attested by the bank manager
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Class 12th attested admit card
COMEDK for medical candidates had been replaced entirely by NEET which was held on 7th May, 2017 this year. AIIMS & JIPMER are amongst the two major medical colleges who refused to be a part of NEET & conduct their own exams. You can read more about JIPMER MBBS counselling procedure here.
Toppr wishes you Best of Luck! Keep reading bytes for more important updates on COMEDK & other exams.