COMEDK, the ‘Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka’ organizes an entrance exam, UGET to select meritorious students for their B.E./MBBS/B.D.S. courses at the member institutions of the consortium in Karnataka.
The subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English. All the papers are of the MCQ format and all will be held on the same day. The syllabus of this exam is directly from class 11 and class 12 syllabus of the Karnataka state board. COMEDK also grants entrance to B.Arch Programmes, however, no test is conducted for these. The candidates should have written the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) and obtained a minimum score of 80/200. In this article, find information about COMEDK 2019 application form, important dates, eligibility criteria and fees.
Important Dates for COMEDK 2019
Clearing the 12th standard board examinations from a recognised board/university in India, with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. A minimum of 50% for medical seats (45% for engineering) should be scored (40% for SC/ST/OBC of Karnataka).
- English should be a subject taken in the 12th standard, with the same scoring criteria as above.
- Candidates should be at least 17 years old on 31st December, 2018.
- The board examinations should not have been cleared prior to 2016.
- Candidates should not have selected a seat in previous years through COMEDK.
- Diploma candidates will not be allowed to take the UGET 2019 for engineering.
COMEDK Application Form Fees
|PCM or PCB||Rs. 1200|
|PCMB (Both MBBS and B.E.)||Rs. 1500|
Mode of Payment of fees for COMEDK
Offline mode: Through Bank Challan to be taken at any branch of Axis Bank.
Online mode: You can opt for online payment and pay the fee through Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card. You will be directed to Citrus Payment Portal to complete the payment process after clicking Submit.
COMEDK 2019 Application Form:
The following documents should be kept ready which are to be uploaded with the form:
- Candidate’s Unique ID Proof (for example Passport/Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving License/School or College ID Card with seal and signature of Head of Institute last attended).
- Photograph of Candidate (.jpeg format in 30*45 mm dimension and less than 80 KB). A recent photograph no more than 3 months old should be used.
- Signature of the candidate (written on a plain white sheet, .jpeg format in 30*80 mm dimension less than 80 KB).
- Signature of candidate’s father or guardian.
- Scanned copy of Challan or details of online banking.
- Format as available in Annexure IV (will be released in February 2018) with Seal and Signature of the Head of the Institution last studied in for the 12th standard board examinations.
Information needed during filling of COMEDK 2019 Application form:
- Email ID and Phone Number.
- Date of Birth as per 10th standard board marks card. Can be used as a tie-breaker.
- Class 10 and 12 Mark Sheet.
- Certificate of Category (if applicable).
- Certificate of Name of Parents.
- Mobile number of Parents/Guardians.
- Annual Family Income.
- Test Center where Candidate is to write exam.
- Preferred courses.
- Details of Karnataka Domicile and Minority Status (if applicable).
Filling the COMEDK 2019 Application Form:
Stage 1 – Registration
Aspirants have to register themselves for Request For Application (RFA) on the official COMEDK website, by providing details like name, date of birth, email ID, etc. After submitting these details, the candidates will receive login details on the registered email and phone number. Note down or preserve the registration number.
Stage 2 – Login and filling the application form
Login with the details provided and start filling the application form. The candidates have to enter details like their parents and guardians details, personal and academic particulars of the applicants, communication address, choice of test venues, etc.
Stage 3 – Uploading documents and Fee Payment
At this stage, the candidates have to upload their passport size photograph, image of the signature (in the prescribed format and dimension) along with date of birth proof. Next, they have to pay an application fee of Rs. 1,200 through Net banking/credit card/debit card or bank challan at any Axis Bank branch.
Stage 4 – Submitting the application form
After submitting the online application form of COMEDK UGET 2019, a physical application form will be generated by the system. The physical form needs to get attested with the signature of the principal of the college/institution last attended, along with the seal of the respective college/institution.
You can also go through all the information about COMEDK 2019 MBBS seats here.