COMEDK, the “Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka” organizes an entrance exam, UGET for selecting meritorious students for pursuing their courses in B.E. at the member institutions of the consortium in Karnataka. The test consists of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English MCQ papers written in a day. The exam’s syllabus basically is direct from the standard class 11 and class 12 syllabus of the Karnataka board.
Exam events took a new turn on Friday. The Supreme Court clarified that no exam shall be held for admission to MBBS or BDS studies. Following this, COMEDK announced that it was cancelling the UGET exams that was scheduled for this year. Only the UGET version for engineering admissions will be held as previously announced.
COMEDK had previously planned online UGET this year for more than 1 lakh students who had applied for the medical and dental courses. The number of students had also risen up by 45%.
Since COMEDK consists of 4 subjects, only the Biology exam is to be cancelled. The Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics versions are still a go. So Sunday’s exam will now be held for the 18000 engineering seats in approximately 160 engineering colleges.
COMEDK Application Process
Eligibility: Can I appear for COMEDK?
For COMEDK UGET Engineering exam:
- For COMEDK UGET B.E Admissions, the candidate should have passed Second PUC, 10+2 or its equivalent examination that has been approved/ recognized by the State/Central Government.
- The candidate should have also had Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, as major subjects with English as a compulsory subject during the last two years of his/her study. While Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects, candidates can opt for either Chemistry or Biology or Biotechnology or any other technical vocational course as their third optional subject.
- The three major subjects in the qualifying examination i.e Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics should have been passed by the candidate individually. An aggregate minimum of 45% marks in the case of General Merit candidates. Aggregate 40% marks in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates belonging to the state of Karnataka.
- Eligible candidates simply need to attempt the COMEDK Entrance Test in order to be enlisted in the rank list.
- There are no lateral entry admissions. Therefore, Diploma candidates will not be eligible to appear for the entrance exam
For admission into Architecture courses,
- Students are required to have passed 10+2 or 2nd PUC from any recognized university or Board in the country. Mathematics should be one of the subjects along with other subjects. A 10+3 Diploma recognized by Central / State Government also works.
- Candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% in the case of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka).
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. The candidates should have appeared for National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture and score a minimum of 80 marks out of 200 (for both general and category candidates)
- Candidates seeking admission to B. Arch course shall submit separate application.
Application Form for COMEDK
Students eligible for the exam should complete filling the application form and the payment of the examination fee on or before deadline. The exam fees for COMEDK UGET is Rs. 1200 for the 3 subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Mode of Payment of fees
Offline mode: Through Bank Challan to be taken at any Axis Bank.
Online mode: You can opt for online payment and pay the fee through Net Banking, Credit Card and Debit Card. You will be directed to Citrus Payment Portal to complete the payment process after clicking Submit.
The following documents should be kept ready which are to be uploaded with the form:
- Candidate’s Unique ID Proof (for example Passport/Voter ID/PAN Card/Driving License/School or College I Card with seal and signature of Head of Institute last attended).
- Photograph of Candidate (.jpeg format in 30*45 mm dimension and less than 80 KB).
- Signature of Candidate (written on a plain white sheet, .jpeg format in 30*80 mm dimension less than 80 KB).
- Signature of Candidate’s father or guardian.
- Scanned copy of Challan or details of online banking.
- Format as available in Annexure IV with Seal and Signature of the Head of the Institution last studied in the 2nd PUC or Class 12 Qualifying Exam.
Information needed during filling of COMEDK 2016 Application form:
- Email ID and Phone Number.
- Class X and XII Mark Sheet.
- Certificate of Category.
- Certificate of Name of Parents.
- Annual Family Income.
- Test Center where Candidate is to write exam.
It is advised to take a print out of the application form and keep it with you in order to address any changes or discrepancies. It is also advised to contact the COMEDK office in case there are any discrepancies in the application form.
Toppr wishes you the very best for COMEDK UGET!