COMEDK 2018 will be conducted on 13th May 2018. This entrance exam is conducted to admit students from all over India to engineering, medical and dental colleges in Karnataka. The students who have cleared the entrance exam are eligible for counselling. Counselling is the process through which seats are allocated to the eligible candidates based upon their merit. Counselling consists of both online and offline procedures. The eligible candidates are first allowed to enter options of colleges of their choice before the allotment process begins. Now, COMEDK document verification has began.
COMEDK document verification
After the first round of allotment the students who have accepted the seat allotted to them are eligible for document verification. The dates for the document verification are 27th June 2018 to 30th June 2018. The venue for document verification is Mangala Mantapa, NMKRV College for Women, Bangalore. The process will be conducted across 4 sessions from 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M. across 4 days. Document verification is done on a first come first serve basis so candidates must get tokens to proceed in an orderly fashion. Maximum of 200 tokens are issued per session to avoid rush. The list of documents which will be verified ate the document verification are :
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Application Form
- Verification Entry Card
- Photo Identity Proof in original submitted in the Application Form
- One Identity Proof of Parents/Guardians
- COMEDK UGET 2018 TAT Card
- School leaving certificate of 10th standard or any government record for Date of Birth
- 12th class or equivalent qualifying examination mark sheet
- COMEDK UGET 2018 Rank Card
- Fee payment receipt of Rs. 55,000
- SC/ST Certificate issued by the competent authority
- OBC Category I, IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB caste and income certificate issued by the Tahsildar or Higher Revenue Jurisdictional Authority
- Hyderabad Karnataka Region candidates must produce a certificate confirming the Hyderabad – Karnataka Region status issued by the Jurisdictional Assistant Commissioner.
- HKR Eligibility certificate
- Karnataka Domicile certificate
- Parents study proof in Karnataka for 07 years
- Candidates study proof in Karnataka for 7 years
Documents 10 to 16 are to be brought only those candidates to whom it is applicable. The above mentioned documents will be verified by the authorities. Candidates are advised to keep xerox copies of the above documents along with the originals. Photo ID of the person accompanying the candidate must also be produced.
Issuing of Original Allotment Letter
After the documents of the candidates are successfully verified they are given an original seat allotment letter. This is a confirmation that they have been allotted the seat which the candidate got during online counselling. The candidate must keep this letter very carefully because a duplicate one will be not issued in the case the original goes missing or is damaged. The candidate may also lose his seat if the letter is tampered with.
COMEDK second round of counselling is something people usually go for – check out if it’s worth it here!