Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) is conducted by JNTU Kakinada on behalf of APSCHE (AP EAMCET) and by JNTU Hyderabad on behalf of TSCHE (TS EAMCET). This examination is the prerequisite for admission into various professional courses offered in University/ Private Colleges in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
With a rich syllabus comprising most of the concepts taught in the higher secondary school level, EAMCET sets the entry benchmark for engineering and medical colleges across Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. For both the examinations, a wide range of topics are covered, both for Engineering (E) stream and the Agriculture and Medical Stream (AM). Let’s cover everything you need to know about AP EAMCET!
EAMCET 2018 Syllabus
The EAMCET 2018 syllabus has been divided into two parts, i.e. engineering stream syllabus (Physics+Chemistry+Mathematics) and agriculture and medical stream (Biology+Physics+Chemistry) syllabus. Detailed EAMCET 2018 Syllabus is mentioned below:
EAMCET 2018 Syllabus: MATHEMATICS
Algebra: Functions, Mathematical Induction, Matrices, De Moivre’s Theorem: De Moivre’s theorem, Quadratic Expressions, Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Partial fractions.
Trigonometry: Trigonometric Ratios, variations, Graphs and Periodicity of Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric Equations, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Hyperbolic Functions, Properties of Triangles.
Vector Algebra: Addition of Vectors, Classification of vectors, Linear combination of vectors, Product of Vectors, Geometrical Interpretations, orthogonal projections, Geometrical Vector methods, Scalar Triple Product – Vector equations of plane in different forms, skew lines, shortest distance and their Cartesian equivalents.
Measures of Dispersion: Range, Mean deviation, Coefficient of variation and analysis of frequency distribution with equal means but different variances.
Probability: Random experiments and events, Classical definition of probability, Independent and dependent events conditional probability, Bayee’s theorem, Random Variables and Probability Distributions.
Coordinate Geometry: Locus, Transformation of Axes, The Straight Line, Circle, System of circles, Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola, Three Dimensional Coordinates, Direction Cosines and Direction Ratios, Plane.
Calculus: Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives, Integration, Definite Integrals, Differential equations.
EAMCET 2018 Syllabus: PHYSICS
Physical World, Units & Measurements, Motion in a Straight Line, Motion in a Plane, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Systems of Particular & Rotational Motion, Oscillations, Gravitation, Mechanical Properties of Fluids, Thermal Properties of Matter, Thermodynamics, Waves, Ray Optics & Optical Instructions, Wave Optics, Electrical Charges and Fields, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Semiconductor Electronics, Nuclei, Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance.
EAMCET 2018 Syllabus: Chemistry
Atomic Structure, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties,Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Stoichiometry, Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Acids-Bases, Hydrogen & its Compounds, The S-Block Elements, P- Block Elements Group 13 (boron family), P-Block Elements Group 14 (carbon family), Environmental Chemistry, Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Solid State, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, P- Block Elements, D and F Block Elements.
EAMCET 2018 Syllabus: Biology
Botany: Diversity in the Living World, Structural Organization in Plants- Morphology, Reproduction in Plants, Plant Systematics, Plant Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Internal Organization of Plants, Plant Ecology, Microbiology, Genetics, Plants, Microbes and Human Welfare, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology.
Zoology: Diversity in the Living World, Structural Organization in Plants- Morphology, Animal Diversity- I, Animal Diversity-II, Locomotion & Reproduction in Protozoa, Structural Organization in Animals, Biology & Human Welfare, Type Study of Periplaneta Americana, Ecology & Environment, Human Anatomy and Physiology-IV, Human Anatomy and Physiology-III, Human Anatomy and Physiology-II, Applied Biology, Organic Evolution, Genetics, Human Reproduction.
EAMCET 2018 Important Dates
AP EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates
Below given exam dates:
TS EAMCET 2018 Exam Dates
We will update you with the exact dates once the application form notice releases
EAMCET 2018 Eligibility
AP EAMCET Eligibility for Engineering Courses
- Candidates must be an Indian Citizen, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders.
- Aspirants must belong to Andhra Pradesh/ Telangana.
- For engineering, B.Pharmacy and B.Sc courses, candidates must have passed or appearing in the final year of 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board of Andhra Pradesh with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects.
- Students appearing in the final year of diploma are also eligible.
- For engineering and pharmacy courses, students must have completed 16 years age as or on 31stDecember of the year of admission. No upper age limitation for these courses.
- For B.Tech. (Dairy Technology), B.Tech. (FS & T), B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering) and B.Sc. (CA & BM) courses candidates should cross the minimum age limit of 17 years as or on 31st December of the year of admission and 22 years age maximum age limit for general and 25 years for SC and ST candidates.
- For Pharm-D course, students should have passed or appearing in the final year of 12th or equivalent class from recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- Students must obtain 45% marks for general candidates and 40% marks for reserved category in the core subjects.
- Candidates, should have completed 17 years age as or on 31st December of the year of admission.
AP EAMCET Eligibility for Medical courses
- Applicant must be of Indian Nationality, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Students, should belong to the Andhra Pradesh/Telangana state.
- For BAMS / BHMS / BNYS Courses, students must have passed or appearing in 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects including practical tests.
- Candidates should have completed 17 years age as on 31st December of the year of admission and there will be no upper age limit for BAMS / BHMS / BNYS Courses.
- For B.Pharm courses, aspirants should have passed or appearing in intermediate final year with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects from the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh / Telangana.
- Aspirants, should have completed 16 years age on the date of admission and there is no upper age limit for this course.
TS EAMCET Eligibility
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates should belong to Telangana/Andhra Pradesh state.
For B.Tech, Bio-Technology, B.Pharmacy and B.Sc Courses
- Candidates should have passed or appearing in 12th class with Mathematics, Physics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology as optional subjects from any recognized board of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- Students who have cleared or appearing in the final year of the diploma examination in engineering from any recognized board of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must have secured minimum 45% marks (for general candidates) and 40% marks (for reserved candidates) in the 12th or equivalent exam.
- For engineering and pharmacy courses, candidates must have completed 16 years age as or on 31stDecember of the year of admission and no upper age limit.
- For B.Tech (Dairy Technology), B.Tech. (Ag. Engineering), B.Tech. (FST) and B.Sc. (CA & BM), candidates must have completed minimum 17 years age as or on 31st December of the year of admission and maximum 22 years for general candidates and 25 years for reserved candidates.
For BAMS/BHMS/BNYS courses
- Candidates must have cleared or appearing in the final year of 12th or equivalent exam with physics, chemistry, botany and zoology which also includes a practical test in each subject.
- Candidates must have completed 17 years age as or on 31st December of the year of admission.
- There is not any upper age limit criteria for these courses.