A List of Exams for PCB Students:
Physics, Chemistry, Biology shortly known as PCB is one of the specializations that students opt for in their XI and XII standards. Here begins the journey of the career path that one chooses and paves way for the apt preparation towards all the entrance examinations. In this article, we list some competitive exams for PCB students
A student who has opted for PCB may choose to go into medicine or other related careers in physics, chemistry and biology. Alternately they may opt for a totally unrelated career such as the armed forces or fashion technology as well. Several doors are open and it is purely left to the choice of the individual to decide which one to open.
Let us have a look at all the possible exams for PCB students.
There are a host of national and state level engineering exams for PCB students such as:
- COMED-K – For engineering students, COMED-K is an entrance test for colleges that come under Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) in Karnataka state
- IPU-CET – Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) is a university level undergraduate engineering entrance exam conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
- Manipal, VITEEE, AMU – Entrance conducted by deemed universities
- All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT), as the name suggests is the preliminary medical entrance exam that lasts for a 3 hour duration, having 200 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Selection of candidates will be based on the cut-off.
- AIIMS Entrance for MBBS is a paper-based test of 3 ½ hours duration. It has 200 multiple-choice and reason-assertion type questions. There are 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry and Biology and 20 questions from General Knowledge. There is negative marking for incorrect answers. After the declaration of the result a final list for counselling is prepared based on merit.
- The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET is an entrance examination for students who wish to study any graduate medical, dental or postgraduate course in government or private medical colleges in India.
- AIPGMEE (ALL INDIA POST GRADUATE MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE EXAM) is conducted by AIIMS for admission under 50% seats quota in various postgraduate (MD/ MS/ Diploma/ MDS) courses in medical and dental colleges in the country run by the Union of India, State governments (except government of Andhra Pradesh and J&K).
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) entrance: This is primarily for AFMC, Pune, where the students have a liability to serve as commissioned officers in the Armed Forces Medical Services for seven years on graduation.
- BHU-PMT (Pre-Medical Test) is held annually for admission to various Bachelors’ courses in medicine which include MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BPharm from Banaras Hindu University.
- Christian Medical College Vellore, which is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, holds an all-India entrance test (CMC Vellore Common Entrance Test) every year to select students for admission into various undergraduate level medical and paramedical courses.
- JAWAHARLAL INSTITUTE OF POST GRADUATE MEDICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (JIPMER) is located in Puducherry and conducts a separate entrance test for admission to its MBBS course. It has 100 seats in MBBS and out of this admission to 82 seats is through JIPMER entrance.
- Dr. M.G.R. University’s Faculty of Medical Sciences is an important department in the university and has a huge intake of students each year.
- DELHI UNIVERSITY MEDICAL/DENTAL ENTRANCE TEST (DUMET) is held annually for admission to bachelor’s in medical and dental courses, MBBS and BDS, in University of Delhi. It is conducted by University of Delhi Faculty of Medical Sciences and is conducted in Delhi only.
- Dr. D.Y.Patil University conducts its own admission test that is All India Entrance Test (AIET 2012) for admission to various undergraduate courses such as MBBS and BDS in Dr. D.Y. Patil Medical College and Hospital and D.Y. Patil Dental College and Hospital.
- Manipal University, Karnataka conducts an All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test for admission to its MBBS and BDS programmes.
Other than these regular courses there are off track courses with exams for PCB students:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic/Ayurvedic/Unani Medicine Surgery (BAMS / BHMS / BUMS)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.VSc & AH)
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)
- National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (I) for admission to Army and Air Force wings of NDA and 4 years B. Tech course for the Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme for admission in Indian Navy B.Tech course.
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment for admission in 24 weeks Basic training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES) for technical Entry to Army
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test for admission in Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) leading to BSc. (Nautical Science).
Fashion & Design
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Test for admission in Design, Management and Technology for the international fashion business.
- National Institute of Design Admissions for admission to 4 year GDPD & 2.5 Year PGDPD
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED) for admission in 4 years UG level programmes in Design.
Humanities and Social Science
- IIT Madras Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination (HSEE) for admission in integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) programme.
- TISS Bachelors Admission Test (TISS-BAT) for the purpose of admission in B.A. Social Sciences programme in any of three Campuses i.e. Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad.
- The English and Foreign Languages University Hyderabad Entrance Test for admission for BA (Hons.) in English, Arabic, French, German, Russian and Spanish BCJ, B.Ed. (English).
- JNU Admission Entrance Exam for admission in of three-year B.A. (Hons.) programme in Foreign Languages.
- Common Law Admission Test for admission in B.A. LL.B (Hons), B.Com. (Hons), BBA LL.B (Hons).
- Law School Admission Test LSAT India for admission in B.A.,LL.B (Hons), B.Com. (Hons), BBA LL.B (Hons).
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) for admission in B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), LLM, PhD.
- Lloyd Entrance Test (LET) for admission in B.A., L.L.B- 5-year integrated course.
Other courses and their exams for PCB students that may be of interest
- All India Hotel management Entrance Exam NCHMCT JEE for admission in B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research ICAR AIEEA-UG-PG for admission in Bachelor, Master Degree Program, SRF (PGS) to Pursuing Ph.D in Agriculture and Allied Sciences at Agricultural Universities.
This covers most of the entrance exams that one may choose from based on their area of interest. I am sure there may still be many more given the dynamic nature of our education field and the ever changing government policies. Always be on the alert since learning is a continuous process. Be focused and listen to your heart, because it’s always better to do something you love rather than just doing something. As Mark Twain said, “Explore, Dream, Discover!”
Just like exams for PCB students, there are a lot of career options as well. Check them out here.