In view of the coronavirus pandemic, we are making LIVE CLASSES and VIDEO CLASSES completely FREE to prevent interruption in studies

Medicine remains one of the most popular career choices today. With an ever increasing demand for good medical colleges and a limited number of seats available, we witness a bloodbath of competition for these seats. It is estimated that only 0.6% of NEET aspirants succeed. So what’s the secret of the other 99.4% ? How did they get to where they are? What do they know that you don’t? Well, with these simple tips, you can be on your way to being a professional failure in no time!

Failure often happens due to lack of commitment towards the end goal. In a world such as ours with an abundance of distractions and reasons to not study, it is easy to lose track. A true failure does not have a proper timetable which chalks out his or her daily routine and exactly how many hours he/she needs to spend on each activity, and definitely doesn’t stick to it even if he/she makes one. Joining a good coaching institute also helps as they have years of experience and know how to guide you is not a necessity at all.

Another skill of failures is their inability to manage time properly. Most failures fail to recognise their weak areas and shortcomings. To fail as a failure is to note down these topics and spend extra time practising those topics. Most people succeed due to their hard work and the amount of time they spend polishing their skills. Abstain from this and you will definitely fail.

Apart from poor study habits, there are countless tricks up a failure’s sleeves. A typical example is when a failure decides to not focus on Biology as it accounts for 50% of the examination. NEET is notorious for bombarding aspirants with questions from the most remote corner of the textbooks. To be a part of the esteemed 99.4% is to have minimal or negligible attention to detail. If you want to be reassured about how disappointing you are, it would help to not focus much on NCERT textbooks as a lot of questions are based on concepts from these textbooks.

A lot of the success in NEET comes from constant revision. Repeating what one has learnt has been found to be the best memory aid, and would enhance the pathway used to recollect and apply these concepts. So obviously reading them once would do. Writing down important formulae and facts also helps a lot, but ain’t nobody got time for that, right? Focusing on your weak areas the week before the exam would be unproductive as it is definitely not going to help you out at all.

On  the day of the exam, it would help to not start with questions you are sure of and to waste time on the ones you don’t as it would definitely maximise your score. On an average, there are 55-60% average and easy questions, 20-25% above moderate questions and 15-20% difficult questions in test paper. Spending a lot of time on that 20% would definitely help. But above all, try not to be optimistic and calm. Panic and zero confidence would help you make all the silly mistakes you wanted to!

Not doing even one of these things would guarantee your failure!

Sarcasm apart, there’s a need to strategize and plan properly for NEET. Read about some of the most important chapters for NEET in this article.

All the best!

Come, crack JEE/PMT with Toppr

Access 1,000+ hours of video lectures, concepts and study material.

No Thanks.

Request a Free 60 minute counselling session at your home

Please enter a valid phone number
  • Happy Students


    Happy Students
  • Questions Attempted


    Questions Attempted
  • Tests


    Tests Taken
  • Doubts Answered


    Doubts Answered