JEE is a national level examination conducted and governed by CBSE. It is for students who seek admission in engineering courses specifically in IIT, NIT and IIIT. There are two modes of conduct, online and offline.
The process for application correction pertaining to Aadhaar Card started on 20th March 2018. Last year, the forms were released on 1st of December 2017 whereas the students were given a deadline of 1st January 2018. The correction in the main form had to be done by 22nd January 2018. The correction dates are important for those candidates who have made errors while filling the form online. This can act as a make or break situation when trying to get into the reputed universities covered under JEE Main. Hence, this is an opportunity window for all the candidates as it is a one-time correction chance. There is a fee that needs to be paid by the candidate in case they wish to make changes and rectifications that add up to the previous amount. However, the pre-requisite for this is that the other processes should have been completed before application for correction.
What are the modes of payment for the additional fee?
The candidates can either pay the amount via credit card, debit card or e-wallets, specifically SBI buddy and PayTM. They can also issue an e-challan in certain banks, namely ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank. This should be done during the correction window period. The fee is likely to change in case the student has added a paper or category. However, the fee already paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
What are the kinds of rectifications that candidates can make during this correction window?
- The candidates are allowed to make changes in thumb stamp, signature, details etc.
- The candidate can change the address, center for examination, name but as per class 10 mark sheet, date of birth and contact number.
- However, this is not applicable for situations where students want to change the mode of appearing for the test from online to pen and paper mode. They can change the mode from pen and paper to online.
- Students can change the choice of city to take the examination.
- In case the student wants to make changes in the medium for taking the test, they can do so via this process itself. In case of online mode, they can change the medium during the examination.
- The candidate can make changes in the selection of Paper as well. That is they can change and modify the paper they want to appear for, a fee for which will have to be paid.
- The candidate can change the uploaded image. The process that needs to be followed for this remains constant. The complete form requires three images, the candidate’s photograph, the candidate’s signature and the signature of either parents or guardian. The image needs to be in JPEG format. The changes in images can be made only if the candidate gets a notification from the board regarding the same. If the candidate wishes to make changes in spite of not getting a notification from the board, they can send a mail to [email protected] with the application number and the correct image. The specification of the size and dimension is stated as follows:
|Candidate’s photograph||4 kb – 40 kb||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Signature||1 kb – 30 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Guardian/father/mother’s photograph||1 kb – 30 kb||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
Note: Some reasons as to why images might need to be corrected are – the image is blurry, the background does not confer to the guidelines, the signature is not clear, red eye, signature in upper case etc.
What is the usual process to correct an application form?
- The candidate must first go to the official website that is, https://jeemain.nic.in
- They must then log in with the assigned application number and the password.
- Once the candidate has logged in, the details are provided with them.
- On scrolling towards the end of the website page, there is an option of ‘Edit Application Form’.
- The candidate can then make the necessary changes and rectifications.
- Once that is done, the student must take a print out of the JEE Main Application form correction slip for any future needs.
- Filling the Aadhaar card number is mandatory for all students except those from Assam, Jammu and Kashmir or Meghalaya.
Some other pointers to remember
- In case a candidate has submitted more than one application, the board merges both the application and issues a single admit card. However, to help the board to do the same, the candidate must send an email mentioning the two application numbers and their preference of the same to [email protected]. The application number that the student prefers must be mentioned clearly in the same email.
- In case a candidate did not book a date or slot the same will be randomly assigned.
- The Board will entertain no correction requests after the due date assigned.
- If an additional fee is not required, the changes will be made immediately.
- The status of the form can be seen after logging in on the main website using the assigned ID and password. The status tab will help in this regard.
- Form correction is a one time opportunity given to the candidates. Hence, it must be utilized to the best possible advantage and should not be taken lightly. Once the deadline for form correction passes, the board will entertain no requests.
This was a comprehensive guide that will help you understand the steps involved in the JEE Main Correction procedure.
Check out our article on JEE Main preparation here.