The formation of the HSC structure in India can be attributed to the 1953 report of the Secondary Education Commission. After observing the curriculum and teaching methodologies, the low interaction between the teachers and students, undue importance to the learning of the English language, indiscipline, etc. the commission recommended a turnaround of the secondary education system to introduce diversity into the educational system at the secondary level.
The commission prescribed five years for primary education, then three years of lower-secondary education, thereafter four years of higher secondary, and then a dedicated three years for a first-degree course. Based on the commission’s recommendations, the Government converted the then existing schools to higher secondary multipurpose schools and in the first plan, 250 multipurpose schools were established.
Since 1989, all States in India have converted to a 12-year (Standard) elementary/secondary cycle. After two years of senior secondary school, students are again examined by their school’s affiliated board and, if successful, awarded the Higher Secondary (School) Certificate (HSC / HSSC). There are also examinations administered internally by individual secondary schools at the end of class XI.
There are a total of 47 state examination boards and three national boards. The curriculum for the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (HSC) is also determined by these 47 state boards and 3 National Boards.
Steps to check results of Maharashtra Board HSC results 2018
- Visit the official website of the Maharashtra Board HSC Results 2018 which is mahresult.nic.in
- Search for the link of Maharashtra Board HSC 12th Result 2018 link.
- Select whichever stream is applicable:- science, arts or commerce.
- Enter the hall ticket number, date of birth and whatever other details are required in the appropriate entry fields on the displayed page.
- Click Submit. Let the page load.
- Do not panic if there’s a delay. Often due to excessive requests, the server slows down and takes time to load.
- Your Maharashtra Board HSC Results 2018 will be displayed on the screen.
- Download a copy of the result and get it printed for usage in future.
- Keep a few attested copies of the mark sheet for future use.
- Original mark sheets can be collected from the schools.
- Re-checking and re-evaluation of the answer scripts can be applied at this stage by paying a fee. The details of rechecking and reevaluation will be available with the school.
Details mentioned on Maharashtra HSC Result 2018
The students appeared for the exams will find the following details mentioned on the result:
- Enrollment Number
- Roll Number
- Name of the Student
- Centre Number
- School Name
- School Code
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Result Status (Pass / Fail)
- Subject Code
- Subject Name
- Marks in Subjects (Individually)
- Practical Marks
- Total Marks
- Total Percentage.
Check out our article on Top career options after 12th here.