IBPS Clerk Application Form:
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS For recruitment of candidates in various Public Sector Banks in the post of Clerical Cadre, a common selection examination is conducted by IBPS. This is the 7th year that IBPS is conducting the examination, hence it is called IBPS Clerk CWE VIII. The notification for this year’s, i.e., 2017-18 Examination has come out on 6th September 2017. There are three phases of the exam: Preliminary and Mains, followed by an interview. Candidates need to clear all the phases of the examination to be selected for the post. The Preliminary exam is generally scheduled in December. Around 8000 vacancies are open for candidates this year, bank-wise and state wise. The examination is conducted in online mode. The registration process for the examination is likewise in the online mode. Offline requests are not entertained. Below, you shall find everything you need to know about IBPS Clerk Application Form.
The process of filling up the IBPS Clerk Application Form
Candidates who want to appear for the examination should register online. The IBPS Clerk Application Form needs to be filled carefully online, as there is no option to refill and resubmit it once it has been submitted and in case an error is committed during the filling of the form. Hence, extra caution and presence of mind need to be taken into account while filling up the details required for the form. Important instructions are given below.
Candidates need to scan their photographs and signature beforehand. The photograph should be 4.5*3.5 cm, and signature should be in accordance with the official guidelines.
The signature should not be in capital letters. Signatures in all capital letters are not acceptable.
The necessary documents needed for paying the Online Fees for the Examination should be kept ready beforehand.
A valid email id is required so that candidates can be sent email intimations as and when required. If candidates do not have one, they should create a new email id.
Candidates should visit the online official link – www.ibps .in. There, they should open the link titled CWE clerk and then click on “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE- CLERKS (CWE-Clerks –VIII)” option.
On the page that opens, candidates need to click the option “ CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION”.
Basic information needs to be entered now.
- A system generated provisional registration number and password will now be shown on the screen. Candidates need to note this number and password. The same number and password would be emailed to the registered email ID and contact number too.
- Candidates can reopen the saved data using the provisional registration number and password and edit the info if needed, for a maximum of three times only.
- After this, the scanned photograph/ signature as per the specifications mentioned above need to be uploaded.
- The last step is that the candidate should check the particulars filled by them carefully as no changes would be entertained after the final submission is done. The “SAVE AND NEXT” facility can now be used to verify the details in the application form and if need be, make necessary modifications prior to final submission.
Guidelines for photograph and signature
A recent passport size color photo needs to be uploaded; it should be captured against a light background, preferably white background. The face should be relaxed in the photo with eyes looking straight ahead. No red-eye should be there in case flash is used.
- For candidates with glasses, make sure clear eyes are visible and there is no reflection from the glasses. In case there is religious headwear, the candidate can have it in the photo but the face of the candidate should not be covered. Caps, hats and dark glasses are not allowed.
- 200 * 230 pixels are the preferred dimensions of the picture. Size of the file should be between 20 kb – 50 kb. Make sure the size does not exceed 50 kb, in case it is more than that, then adjust the settings of the scanner.
Secondly, the signature image should have following details:
- The signature must be on white paper with a black ink pen.
- The signature should be originally done by the candidate only.
- The signature on the answer sheet at the examination hall should match with the signature on the call letter or admit card.
- The applicant would be disqualified in case of discrepancy.
- Preferred dimensions of the file are 140 * 60 pixels.
- Size of the file should be between 10kb – 20kb.
How to upload the photograph and signature?
There are separate links for uploading these two to the IBPS Clerk Application Form. Visit each link to upload the signature and the photograph.
Payment for the application can be done via internet banking, debit card or credit card. The registration number and password is confirmed after the payment.
Admit cards need to be downloaded for appearing in the IBPS examination. This takes a certain amount of time, and the candidates are notified via email of the same.
To get all the latest information related to IBPS Clerk Examination, keep following Toppr Bytes.