IBPS Clerk Books for Recruitment Test:
IBPS aka Institute of Banking Personnel Selection examination is one of the important exams for candidates pursuing to work in public sector banks. With the notification out for IBPS 2018, the candidates must have bucked up for their round of preparations. The online registration begins from September 2018, the preliminary examination due in December and the main examinations are scheduled in January 2019. With not much time left in hand, the actual syllabus of IBPS examination needs to be known so that the reference books can be easily referred to. Let us look at some IBPS Clerk Books relevant for the study of IBPS Clerk Examination.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2018
Since the examination format is divided into two parts, let us first take look at the Preliminary examination syllabus-
- The major three sections of the preliminary examination
- English Language
- Numerical Ability
Each of the above-mentioned sections has multiple sub-headings to be focused upon when preparing for IBPS Clerk CWE 2018
The syllabus for Reasoning, Numerical Ability, and English Language is same for mains and preliminary exam.
In addition to these two, the other subjects are General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. The General Awareness is based on the Banking Sector awareness.
Below is the detailed study of IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Syllabus (Pre+Mains)
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus for English
Phrases and idioms
Direct and Indirect speech
Active/ Passive voice
Topic rearrangement of passage
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
Ratio and proportion
Time and work
Speed, Distance and time
Mixture and allegation
Stocks and shares
Volume and Surface Area
Height and Distances
Permutation and combinations
Simple and compound interest
Profit, Loss and Discount
Elements of Algebra
Bar & Graphs
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus for Reasoning
Statement and conclusions
Statement and assumptions
Statement and arguments
Passage and conclusions
Number, Ranking and time sequence
Direction Sense Test
Input/output, Assertion and reasoning
Odd figure Out
Miscellaneous Test etc.
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus for General Awareness
Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months.
Overview of Indian Financial System
History of Indian banking system.
Recent credit and monetary policies
Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
Find all the topics here.
IBPS Clerk Books for Examination
- Quantitative Aptitude Test by N.K. Singh
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Kiran’s textbook of Quickest Mathematics
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- Bank Clerk Preliminary Examination by Arihant
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
- Essential Grammar In Use (3rd Edition) by Raymond Murphy
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations (5th Edition) by Hari Mohan
Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- The Pearson General Knowledge Manual by Edgar Thorpe
- Banking Awareness by Javed Siddiqui
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (4th Edition)
- Manorama Year Book 2017
- India 2015 by Ministry of Information
- Computer Awareness by Arihant
Online Study Materials Include
There are a lot of study materials available online for IBPS clerk exam preparation in the form of e-books, mock tests and videos. Listed below are a few for IBPS clerk 2017 exam preparation recommended by successful candidates from last year’s IBPS exam.
Download Free E-books for IBPS Clerk Exam Preparation
Besides one can also refer to
- Bank Clerk English by Kiran Prakashan
- Quantitative Aptitude Made Easy by Ramandeep Singh
- Computer Knowledge by R. Pillai
- Banking Awareness: The Complete Book for IBPS Bank PO and CLERK Examination by Arihant Publishers
This was our article on IBPS clerk books. To get the latest information related to Government jobs in India, keep following Toppr Bytes.