IBPS Online Application:
This article will provide information regarding IBPS Online Application. The IBPS conducts the Bank Exam every year for those students who wish to secure a bank job. The candidates get a gateway to institutions like the Public banks, SBI, NABARD, LIC and insurance companies, etc.
The examination was first conducted in the year 2011 and started accepting applications via the online mode. It is now known as the IBPS Common Written Examination and selects candidates for 27 public sector banks and RRBs. For the session 2017-18, the pre-exam is scheduled to take place on the 13th, 14th, 20th as well as 21st October 2018 whereas the main examination is to take place on the 18th of November 2018. These are tentative dates and students are advised to keep a check on the official site for more information. The registration process is to start on 16th of August 2018. All those interested to take this examination are to fill the registration form before 5th September 2018.
More than 20 lakh candidates appear for the examination but IBPS provided only 3562 vacancies. This is expected to be more or less the same this year.
IBPS Online Application Notification:
The notification is expected to be released shortly after which the recruitment process will start. The candidates who are interested and eligible must register for the recruitment on the official website of IBPS. The selection process includes three steps, the first being the preliminary exam followed by the main exam and the interview. It is a step-by-step process and students need to pass one to qualify for the other.
What does the student need in order to register for the examination?
The dates for both the start of the registration process and the last date of registration has been mentioned above. The registration process is online only and only on completion of this will the candidate be allowed to take the examination.
There are some basic requirements for IBPS Online Application:
- The candidate needs to have scanned copy of their photograph and signature as per the format requirement. The signature needs to be in lower case. The size of the image has to be 4.5 cm by 3.5 cm and has to be a recent one. The background in the image must be light and in case of flash, red eyes must be removed. The face should be clear and eyes should be visible. The electronic image should be 200 pixels by 230 pixels and the size should be in the size range of 20 kb to 50 kb. For the signature, the blank ink must be used on white paper and should be done by the student only. The file dimension should be 140 by 60 pixel and the size should be in the range 10 – 20 kb.
- Since the payment of the registration fee needs to be done online, the details must be kept handy.
- An Email ID is a pre-requisite for the registration process. In case the student does not have a functioning Email ID, it is necessary for them to make one.
The process of applying for the examination:
- Log in to the official website www.ibps.in
- Click on the home page and open CWE PO/MT
- Click on ‘apply online for CWE Probationary officer or management trainee’
- Click on ‘new registration’.
- The students will then have to fill in basic details to move ahead.
- A temporary registration number and password will be allotted to the candidate and must be made note of.
- The student has the liberty to open the account, for maximum three times, to make changes in their account for which they will be asked for the same registration ID and password.
- Then the scanned photograph and signature need to be uploaded. The guidelines already mentioned needs to be followed diligently.
- Once the final submission is done, students will not be allowed to make any changes to the document. One must verify all the details before final submission.
- The students are required to pay the application fee. The fee is Rs. 100 for SC/ ST/ PWD students and is Rs. 600 for others. Debit card, credit card, IMPS, Internet banking etc. can be used for making a payment. Once the transaction is seen to be successful, the student will be able to see an e-voucher in their account and must print the same.
- On completion of all the above steps, the admit card will be generated. This admit-card will have to be printed and kept for the future purpose. Students will have to carry this card on the day of the examination and interview.
Some points to remember
- No rectifications will be allowed once the final submission is made. Hence the candidates are advised to check the filled in form multiple times to ensure that there are no errors. Errors in the admit card can be extremely disadvantageous.
- The registration fee will be allowed to pay online only. Hence the students must make necessary provisions before starting the registration process.
- The student must keep a printed copy of the admit card and e-voucher of the registration fee. The same will be needed during the exams and interview process.
- A functional email ID must be given in the communication as various updates will be sent to the same and hence must be accessible at all times.
- The student is advised to keep a check on the official website for all updates.
- The candidate must do the signature, as the authenticity of the same will be checked during the examination.
This was our article on IBPS online application. To know more about related information, click here.