ICWAI Exam Overview
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, formerly known as The Institute of Cost and Works Accountants (ICWAI), is basically an exam conducting body that is recognised by the Government of India and registered under the Companies Act. The institute came into existence in 1959 with an objective of promoting and regulating the Cost Accountancy profession in India.
The following exams are conducted under ICAI:
- ICWAI Foundation Examination
- ICWAI Intermediate Examination
- ICWAI Final Examination
Note that the registrations for the ICAI Foundation & Intermediate courses are open to applicants throughout the year. But students who wish to appear for the June Term Examination need to apply before 31st January of that year and apply before 31st July of that year for the December Term Examination.
ICWAI Exam 2018 Eligibility
Candidates who are registering for the exam need to check the eligibility criteria carefully. Applications that do not fulfill the eligibility criteria get rejected by the officials.
Take a look at the eligibility criteria:
ICWAI Foundation Examination
- The candidate needs to have cleared class 10 or equivalent exam. The same should be done from a recognized education higher secondary school board or institution.
- The candidate needs to have appeared for and cleared 10+2 from a recognized board or
The candidate should have passed the National Diploma in Commerce Examination
- Candidates who are waiting for results are also eligible.
ICWAI Intermediate Examination
- The candidates should have cleared 10+2 examination and the Foundation Course of ICWAI. They also need to be graduates in any discipline apart from Fine Arts/Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination of CAT of the Institute/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I Examination and Competency Level Part II Examination of CAT of the Institute.
- Candidates who are waiting for results can also apply.
ICWAI Final Examination
- The candidate needs to have passed standard 12
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any discipline apart from Fine Arts or equivalent.
- The candidate must have cleared all the eight papers of CMA intermediate course.
ICWAI Exam 2018 Process
Step 1: Fill up the Application form
Candidates who want to appear for the ICWAI 2018 have to first register for the exam. Note that the application form needs to be submitted before the deadline. It is also advisable that you check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
|Intermediate (Group 1 or 2)||Rs 1200|
|Intermediate (Both 1 and 2)||Rs 2400|
|Final (3 or 4)||Rs 1400|
|Final ( Both 3 or 4)||Rs 2800|
You can also pay the fee using Debit/Credit Cards /*Pay fee module of IDBI only*/ Demand Draft.
Step 2: Download the ICWAI 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who get themselves registered successfully for the exam would then get access to the admit cards. It will also be available at least a week before the date of exam. All the registered candidates would need to download their respective admit cards from the official website after entering their Registered ID and password.
Step 3: Appear for the ICWAI 2018
Registrations that need to be done for the ICAI Foundation & Intermediate courses are open throughout the year. But students who want to appear for the June Term Examination should apply before 31st January of that year and apply before 31st July of that year for the December Term Examination.
Step 4: Check the ICWAI 2018 Result
Students taking the test can check their results online. The result would be announced in different slots. Candidates have got to enter their Identification Number to access their result.
ICWAI Exam 2018 Exam Centers
ICWAI exam is likely to be conducted at the following exam centres:
ICWAI Exam 2018 Dates
- Jun 11
Intermediate/Final Course Exam: Start Date
- Jun 11
Foundation course: Start Date
- Jun 14
Foundation course: End Date
- Jun 18
Intermediate/Final Course Exam: End Date
- Aug 23
Foundation/ Intermediate & Final Result: Tentative
ICWAI Exam Pattern 2018
- ICWAI Foundation Course includes 4 papers (Paper 1-4).
- ICWAI Intermediate Course comprises two groups (Group 1 and Group 2) inclusive of 4 papers each (Papers 5-8) and (Papers 9-12).
- ICWAI Final Course has two groups (Group 3 and Group 4) inclusive of 4 papers each (Papers 13-16) and (Papers 17-20)
ICWAI Exam Syllabus 2018
- Fundamentals of Economics And Management
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics
Intermediate Course Group – I
- Financial Accounting
- Laws and Ethics
- Direct Taxation
- Administrative Procedure and ICDS
- Cost Accounting
Intermediate Course Group – II
- Operations Management & Strategic Management
- Cost & Management Accounting and Financial Management
- Indirect Taxation
- Company Accounts & Audit
Final Course Group – III
- Corporate Laws & Compliance
- Strategic Financial Management
- Strategic Cost Management – Decision Making
- Direct Tax Laws and International Taxation
Final Course Group – IV
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Indirect Tax Laws and Practice
- Cost and Management Audit
- Strategic Performance Management and Business Valuation
ICWAI Exam 2018 Results
Foundation/ Intermediate/ Final course result: Tentative: 23 Aug 2018
The ICWAI June 2018 result has been officially announced. The result was made available online, and students can easily check the same by visiting the official website.
For checking the results, candidates have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the examination tab.
- You will see a dropdown under which you need to select ‘Result’.
- After clicking on the Result link, students would be redirected to a page where the result link would be displayed.
- Click on the exam you had given.
- Enter the Identification Number and click on ‘View Result’.
- The result would now be displayed on the screen
It is advisable to take a printout of the scorecard and keep it till the time the admission process gets over.
ICWAI Exam 2018 Contact Information
Address: The Institute Of Cost Accountants of India, 12, Sudder Street, KolKata – 700016
Phone: +91 33 22521031/1034/1035/1492
+91 33 22521602/1619/7373/7143/2204
+91 33 22520141/0191
Fax: +91 33 22527993 / 91 33 2252 1026
Official Website: http://www.icmai.in
Phone Number: 033-40364777