Indian Institute of Information Technology, Nagpur is one of the well-known Indian institutes for Information Technology. It has been conferred with a premier public higher education institution in India, which has been preparing learners to become highly skilled industry-ready personnel. IIIT Nagpur received an approval by GOI, Ministry of Human Resource Development in May 2015. It was incorporated in July 2016 in a temporary premise at BSNL’s Regional Telecom Training Centre. It is guided by VNIT, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology.
The various courses offered in IIIT, Nagpur
The courses offered by IIIT, Nagpur are listed below for your convenience.
*It also contains the number of seats available, duration and nature of the course, and an approximate fee (per year).
|Courses||Bachelor of Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
|Bachelor of Technology
Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Seats available||120 seats||90 seats|
|Duration of the course||4 years, full time||4 years, full time|
|Approximate fee (per year)||Rs. 122, 825||Rs. 122, 825|
Note: IIIT, Nagpur is trying to incorporate M.Tech and Ph.D. from this academic session, the details of which will be uploaded on the website.
Admission Procedure for IIIT Nagpur
The admission to IIITN is through CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) by JOSAA, Goi (Joint Seat Allocation Authority). The students are required to check the official website for the list of attested documents required at the time of reporting to the Institute, the date and time of which will be updated on the website once the selection process is done.
Campus of IIIT Nagpur
Image Credits: IIIT Nagpur
The temporary campus is located in Seminary Hills, Nagpur. The campus is centrally located and easily accessible. The lush green campus has a close proximity to the Railway Station, Nagpur Airport & the Bus Stand. The campus has facilities like playgrounds, medical aid, common rooms, recreation room, laboratories, library, TV room and reading rooms. Further, the campus has Wi-Fi connectivity to keep students connected through the day.
Placements and Exchange Programs at IIIT Nagpur
IIIT Nagpur pays utmost attention to placement programs, and hence makes necessary arrangements to connect the students with recruiters in every way possible. The college also trains students in both technical aspects and soft skills. The top two companies that recruit from the campus of IIIT, Nagpur are TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) and ADCC Infocad Limited. It has also partnered with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, GoI and Government of Maharashtra for the same purpose. IIITN students have the opportunity to exchange programs with the ESIEE, Paris, which can prove to be very beneficial in future.
Hostel Fees at IIIT Nagpur
IIIT Nagpur provides separate hostel services for boys and girls. The hostel fee structure at IIIT Nagpur is divided into two instalments. The first instalment should be paid at the time of admission and the second instalment is to be paid a few months into the course (the details of which shall be communicated to the students as and when).
The total fee includes two components, Hostel fee, and Mess deposit, and has the following three variants – single seated, double seated and triple seated.
The tentative breakup for the hostel fee of IIIT, Nagpur is:
|Semester||Type of room||First instalment to be paid at the time of admission||Second instalment to be paid after the course starts|
|Hostel fee||Mess Deposit||Total||Hostel Fee||Mess Deposit||Total|
|1st semester||Single seated||74000||21500||95500||35000||20000||55000|
|1st semester||Double seated||64000||21500||85500||25000||20000||45000|
|1st semester||Triple seated||56500||21500||78000||17500||20000||37500|
Some pointers on the hostel fee
- This is valid for both, boys and girls. The total fee is in the range of Rs. 1.16 lakhs – Rs. 1.51 lakhs.
- The Mess Deposits are adjusted against the bills of the same in the first semester.
- Students are not required to make payments for monthly mess bills.
- This structure is a tentative structure, i.e., the institute has the authority to make modifications to it when it seems fit.
JEE Main Cutoff for IIIT Nagpur
There is a minimum cutoff that is mandatory for admission in IIIT Nagpur. However, even though not meeting the minimum cutoff criterion can be a reason for rejection, solely meeting the minimum cut off requirement does not guarantee admission. Some pointers on the JEE Main cut off is as follows:
- It will be dependent on the Main scores and concerned by the officials after considering factors such as, sanctioned sets, the trends of the previous year and the number of candidates who are seeking to take admission into IIIT, Nagpur.
- The cut off for entrance in IIIT Nagpur is not that regular year after year, and changes annually. One should not bank on the previous year’s cut off. The officials take no responsibility for the same.
- The courses have different cutoffs for entrance examinations.
- There are different categories, and admission at IIIT Nagpur is made category-wise. There are strict rules for admissions and are followed diligently.
Let us now summarize the factors that determine the cut off for IIIT, Nagpur:
- The number of available seats.
- Total applications made for the course
- Candidate’s category i.e whether they are a part of the general category or the reserved category, the latter having a lesser cut off.
- The difficulty standards of JEE Main also determines the difficulty level of other criterions set by the college itself
- Previous year’s cutoff helps forecast the general trend of the admission procedures.
The previous years’ cut off for IIIT, Nagpur
|Sr. No||Course offered||2016||Opening Rank||Closing Rank||2017||Opening rank||Closing Rank|
|1||Computer Science and Engineering||General||6255||22699||General||11657||28998|
|PWD ST||–||–||PWD ST||–||–|
|PWD SC||–||–||PWD SC||–||–|
|PWD OBC||–||–||PWD OBC||–||–|
|PWD GEN||450||494||PWD GEN||–||1593|
|2||Electronics and Communication Engineering||General||13109||28641||General||14420||34022|
|PWD ST||–||–||PWD ST||–||–|
|PWD SC||–||–||PWD SC||–||–|
|PWD OBC||391||794||PWD OBC||–||–|
|PWD GEN||–||–||PWD GEN||–||1902|
The college aims to create a dynamic and busy environment for the students. It recognizes various events like Engineer’s Day, Teacher’s Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Constitution Day and movements like Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Rashtriya Ekta Saptah, and the like. The college hosts Abhivyakti, its annual cultural festival, and TantraFiesta, a technical festival, to indulge students in an amalgamation of art, fun activities, and innovation.
You can visit the official website here.
For more information on IIITs follow us here.